Understanding the Game - de_inferno - WIP

You and a group of other LS:RP players play any game together? Want a place to discuss, show off, or rant about? Well here you go!

Due to lack of regulation and excessive amounts of server advertisement- the section has been temporarily closed.
Bora!
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jeffrey Walters

Understanding the Game - de_inferno - WIP

Post by Bora! » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:17 pm

Hey,

Welcome to the Understanding the Game, de_inferno. I will tell more about the locations in this map, how to play in both teams, and how to play as a player overall. Like my all other guides, this is a somewhat of an interactive one, and it may evolve in time with other persons inputs. Have fun reading it.

DE_INFERNO - UNDERSTANDING THE MAP LOCATIONS

Following are the general locations that you are expected to know. There is no way around it, and it is a much shorter list then most of the map locations. Being specific during games do help you and your team mates to make the kills, and it also makes you and your team mates avoid getting killed.

DE_INFERNO - T STRATS
  • PISTOL ROUND
    If you started as a Terrorist and you are starting the game (or this is the second half and you are the T) - it is VERY IMPORTANT for you to win the first pistol round. de_inferno being very CT Sided, losing the first pistol round means that you are losing TWO to THREE rounds. Winning the first round as Terrorist also means that you will get TWO more rounds. (Considering you don't lose the anti-eco, and CTs needing the third round to buy up rifles)

Simply put, the Pistol Round is very important for the teams starting at TERRORISTS. Giving easy three rounds, where getting six is deemed good for the Terrorist side.

There are two options for the Pistol Round, and this is basically my opinion, both of them are Rush. Reason for this is because you want to overwhelm the Counter Terrorists, and go 5 to 2, or 5 to 3. First option is to rush BANANA and go for Plant B. Main problem with this rush is, much like in buy rounds, if the COUNTER TERRORISTS hear the rush and they will hear it, and if someone at B bought a smoke; you either 1) Rush through the smoke and get killed, against one CZ and one Pistol, or 2) Wait for the smoke to go off, where in that time there may have been some rotations. Pulling back is also an option but a COUNTER TERRORIST may lurk behind you through MIDDLE or ALT MIDDLE, which makes this extremely complicated.

Second option is to rush MIDDLE, preferably smoke RIGHT though this is not a must and push LEFT. Most of the times one COUNTER TERRORIST will either push the CT MIDDLE, or stay at LONG. Taking the first player will get COUNTER TERRORISTS playing Plant B to rotate. In most cases one will rotate through BANANA and MIDDLE, and one through SPEEDWAY / CT SPAWN. At that point: if you get your second kill, go for Plant A. If you didn't, it is always good to rotate to Plant B from CT PLANT and DEFINITELY NOT THROUGH SPEEDWAY. It takes 3-4 seconds more when you go through CT SPAWN, but if there is a COUNTER TERRORIST playing B rotating through the SPEEDWAY, you will have nowhere to go, and you will get picked.
  • 2B-3A / 2B 1MID 2A
    This tactic is a pretty simple one, where you look for an opening kill. 2 Terrorists goes to BANANA, however stays to the right-wall, making sure that they don't get killed from a peaking Counter Terrorist from Car. Terrorists going BANANA must also walk from the very start of BANANA, as the Counter Terrorists can easily hear Terrorists running there from the FIRST AND SECOND BOX at Plant.

At the same time, two Terrorist goes to APARTMENTS, either through ALT MID or through T APARTMENTS. (Yes, the typo) However there is a possibility that a Counter Terrorist may peak through the BALCONY or through BALCONY Windows. While approaching to the APARTMENTS, one Terrorist goes to HAYSTACK and jumps on towards the BALCONY. First clearing the BALCONY Room and then the DARK ROOM. (Which I forgot to mention. It is right next to the Balcony Room, with no windows) After clearing those two, he clears the BOILER. While the second Counter Terrorist goes through the T APARTMENTS and clears the LONG HALL, and helps with the BOILER if there is any need.

Fifth Terrorist can either play at the RAMP, with an AWP or a RIFLE, or can go through ALT MID and check the CT MIDDLE (area in between LONG and SHORT to the MIDDLE side). However the opponent team may have an AWP, and he or she might contest middle. So the fifth player must be very careful, especially if he is playing with a RIFLE or the mid-Counter Terrorist is a better AWP.

Both A and B Terrorists will gently push to their respective bomb plants. When there is an opening kill, the team will try to push the site, and open it for a plant. However one must remember that, there WILL be rotation from Counter Terrorists, so it must be played accordingly.
  • BASIC B PUSH
    [aligntable=left,300.8,0,0,0,]Image[/aligntable]To have a successful basic B Push, we first need to understand where most COUNTER TERRORISTS play Plant B.

Here, to the image to our left, you can see the most common COUNTER TERRORIST spots for the Bomb Plant B. Counter Terrorists might play CAR with a Rifle or an AWP - to take the first pick when the Terrorists are rushing. They may then pull pull a bit towards the corridor area - then get an another pick. A player might also be hiding behind the sandbags, if the team is constantly rushing the Plant B.

Obviously other spots have their own ups and downs. But how do we stop getting killed?

The answer is very simple. Smokes, flashes and grenades. Much like COUNTER TERRORISTS using the smokes to stop TERRORISTS pushing plants, stopping rushes or simply creating a smoke screen between two sides, TERRORISTS also should use the nades to the fullest extend. Lets learn how.
    [aligntable=left,300.8,0,0,0,]spacerspacerspacerspacerspacerspacerspacer
    [/aligntable]spacerspacerspacerspacerspacerspacerspacer
    Most of the time, Counter Terrorists will play 1) ONE Counter Terrorist to the Plant-side, like 1ST BOX, and one to the opposite side of plant, to create a crossfire - which is pretty useful for them. For you however, it is not. First man rushing or pushing will get killed due to that, and your second man might very well also, without taking down the CTs.

To avoid that from ever happening, you should use the smoke that you see to the image, far-right one. That will 1) effectively block the vision of the Counter Terrorist standing around that corner and 2) will stop the rotation for the following fifteen seconds from that very area.

Second smoke, towards the spills (area in between dark spot and grill) - will also help you greatly. For one, there might be a Counter Terrorist rotating from the smoked off area to a better one, and two - it might also block the view of the Counter Terrorist who is already stationed there.

These two smokes are very basic, however they will help you greatly.

Bora!
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Understanding the Game - de_inferno - WIP

Post by Bora! » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:17 pm

Still work in progress. Not done yet. But published nevertheless.
Absent.

Cashew
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: George Dixon

Post by Cashew » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:41 pm

Very nice, don't play Inferno though, hate it hate it hate it. Do one for dust2 so I don't suck as much :D

.Jack
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by .Jack » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:29 pm

Playing B cautiously as aforementioned is effective, I play with zomg and we win a good 80% of the games we play on Inferno as a full pre-made - on T we have a lot of good picks on B to finalize a rush. I strongly feel Inferno is about playing with awareness and getting picks because the sites are a lot bigger and offer a lot more cover (for CTs). Good guide, looking to see it finished.
Cashew wrote:Very nice, don't play Inferno though, hate it hate it hate it. Do one for dust2 so I don't suck as much :D
Inferno alongside Mirage are the best and most fun maps out there. Learn to play them.

AceS|
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by AceS| » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:56 am

Good guide. You missed some spots such as "SPOOLS, NEW BOX, and CUPPY."
friends switch up when you in a benz truck
TWO TIME.
VENOMOUS TWO TIME VIDEO
The Special Enforcement Bureau (2015)

Jack.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Jack. » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:52 pm

I think Inferno is a very equipment orientated map, for example B rushes are more effective when smoked and flashed, same with being defended, flash Banana and you can supress a rush long enough for a player to rotate. It's a very tactical map and I love it, I played Dust II only for a long time then when I started added Inferno, Mirage and Cobblestone, the real fun started!

AceS|
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by AceS| » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:28 am

Jack. wrote:I think Inferno is a very equipment orientated map, for example B rushes are more effective when smoked and flashed, same with being defended, flash Banana and you can supress a rush long enough for a player to rotate. It's a very tactical map and I love it, I played Dust II only for a long time then when I started added Inferno, Mirage and Cobblestone, the real fun started!
I usually que up for Nuke, Cache, and Inferno. Dust II sucks IMO. If you have a good member on your team with an AWP, it's game over.
TWO TIME.
VENOMOUS TWO TIME VIDEO

Jack.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Jack. » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:47 pm

AceS| wrote:
Jack. wrote:I think Inferno is a very equipment orientated map, for example B rushes are more effective when smoked and flashed, same with being defended, flash Banana and you can supress a rush long enough for a player to rotate. It's a very tactical map and I love it, I played Dust II only for a long time then when I started added Inferno, Mirage and Cobblestone, the real fun started!
I usually que up for Nuke, Cache, and Inferno. Dust II sucks IMO. If you have a good member on your team with an AWP, it's game over.
Recently I've stopped playing Dust II completely, it's such a carry map for example everytime I play I end up with 30+ kills while everyone else has between 0-20, I'm not an amazing player, I'm actually probably just an above average player, I finish first or second on every leaderboard in Nova 2 games, I always have a positive ratio whether we win or lose and I'm always trying to play as tactically as I can. But Dust II is honestly as you said it, an easy map if you're good with an AWP, as a Terrorist you can just watch middle doors and get a tag through them every round, peak short and easy get a kill on headshot box, then A is wide open depending if one is on site or at long, once the bomb is planted you can just sit on site or go long and you can easy kill all players providing they don't smoke the bomb when they defuse, the amount of aces, quad kills I've had with awps on it are unreal and the amount of players that are better than me with an awp that I've played against that have gone 50+ kills on that map just makes me never want to add it to my queue list again. I've been playing a lot of Inferno and I've been adapting my shouts from this map, it helps a lot. Although a banana rush on pistol round against good players almost always ends up with a loss IMO. It's better to go Mid and 2 apps and wait for a pick, that's my personal opinion. P90 rush Banana second round GG.

AceS|
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by AceS| » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:00 pm

I've been playing a lot of Inferno and I've been adapting my shouts from this map, it helps a lot. Although a banana rush on pistol round against good players almost always ends up with a loss IMO. It's better to go Mid and 2 apps and wait for a pick, that's my personal opinion. P90 rush Banana second round GG.
The usual tactic that people use is, have one guy buy a smoke & a flash for the team. HE smokes off right mid, and everyone pushes left mid (so it'll be 5vs1, one guy arches) you push through arches, then go straight into CT spawn and get the 2 rotating through CT, go B, plant.

Another good tactic for Inferno is all rushing banana, you say it's bad but if you wait for the nade stack and go in it's very easy to take B. B is also very easy to defend, but you need a team that knows what they're doing to take B the first round. I, however when I play by myself and my team doesn't know what they're doing, I tell them to go 4 mid and I lurk apartments, pick off the guy boiler and take A easily. I enjoy playing close Apartments as CT, it's a great spot lol.
TWO TIME.
VENOMOUS TWO TIME VIDEO

Bora!
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Bora! » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:50 pm

AceS| wrote:
I've been playing a lot of Inferno and I've been adapting my shouts from this map, it helps a lot. Although a banana rush on pistol round against good players almost always ends up with a loss IMO. It's better to go Mid and 2 apps and wait for a pick, that's my personal opinion. P90 rush Banana second round GG.
The usual tactic that people use is, have one guy buy a smoke & a flash for the team. HE smokes off right mid, and everyone pushes left mid (so it'll be 5vs1, one guy arches) you push through arches, then go straight into CT spawn and get the 2 rotating through CT, go B, plant.

Another good tactic for Inferno is all rushing banana, you say it's bad but if you wait for the nade stack and go in it's very easy to take B. B is also very easy to defend, but you need a team that knows what they're doing to take B the first round. I, however when I play by myself and my team doesn't know what they're doing, I tell them to go 4 mid and I lurk apartments, pick off the guy boiler and take A easily. I enjoy playing close Apartments as CT, it's a great spot lol.
Plant B is the hardest plant to take with the all-rush banana. Single smoke will stop that push for 15 seconds. Second smoke will also stop you for an additional fifteen. During that time, while you are doing nothing but waiting at Banana, either a guy from the house or middle will lurk from alt-mid / t-aps, and will sandwich you.

That, and although when I am leading the team I use that tactic as well, mid-left push is getting too overused, and some teams after first or second loss to that holds the mid-left with two-man and leaving boiler/aps empty, with one at pit. I like to smoke left-mid, have someone clear the apartments, and smoke both the truck and the pit, and go plant - while keeping the CT at pit blind.

Will continue to add stuff to the main post soon, I hope.
Absent.

.Jack
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by .Jack » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:10 pm

On a pistol round I tend to lurk apartments if it's going to be a mid-push, therefore when the opposition team realises that we're pushing it's likely the guy in apps will rotate away, this gives me a chance to find PIT and pick off players. I play apartments 90% of the time (both T & CT side) and when you learn the positions to be it's not hard finding picks unless they stack it. I win quite a few pistol rounds with this, I tend to loose on B because of the nade stack and smoke.

On CT I play PIT, Balcony, the end of Long Halls and occasionally Grave Yard to mix it up. But playing back in apartments is safest for me as I have coverage of stairs, window and dark therefore I'm not going to be flanked or wall banged. If they decide to push apps I rotate onto balcony's edge and it allows me to find a pick if people are pushing long A or apps, extremely useful as people never check that corner. Then after I fall into PIT. As you can tell, i'm always changing positions to make it harder, it's rare an apps push gets by.

When playing B on Terrorist side i'd always recommend playing at least one or two guys A, if they apply pressure on the push (and OBVIOUSLY don't get killed) and just act as a decoy it will hold the people on A. It means that all three A players are never going to push if they know there's two Ts there. Same for B however with the cover it offers you only need to play one player there. These lurks don't need to peak or anything and make things a hell of a lot easier.

Michael
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by Michael » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:24 am

Just bought the game, but inferno, nuke, cbble were my most favourite maps in 1.6. Thanks for refreshing my knowledge of all those-- terms.

Bora!
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Bora! » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Michael wrote:Just bought the game, but inferno, nuke, cbble were my most favourite maps in 1.6. Thanks for refreshing my knowledge of all those-- terms.
cbble in 1.6 and source, is cobblestone here in global offensive. Nuke and inferno is pretty much the same, so you would have no problems getting used to the maps.
Absent.

Michael
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by Michael » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:00 pm

Zomg wrote:
Michael wrote:Just bought the game, but inferno, nuke, cbble were my most favourite maps in 1.6. Thanks for refreshing my knowledge of all those-- terms.
cbble in 1.6 and source, is cobblestone here in global offensive. Nuke and inferno is pretty much the same, so you would have no problems getting used to the maps.
Yeah, I figured that by the name. :p I just didn't -- and in some cases, still, don't -- remember the location tags/names.

Ikechukwu
#worldpeace
#worldpeace
Ingame name: Onyekachukwu

Post by Ikechukwu » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:32 am

Outdated topic, broken image links.

L&A'd

Return to “Other Games”