CS:GO = Catastrophe

You and a group of other LS:RP players play any game together? Want a place to discuss, show off, or rant about? Well here you go!

Due to lack of regulation and excessive amounts of server advertisement- the section has been temporarily closed.
Dalek
Mafia
Mafia

CS:GO = Catastrophe

Post by Dalek » Sun May 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Am I the only one here who thinks that CS:GO is a shit game? it was great during the beta, until it was ruined with update after update making it a lot more difficult to get kills. But its not just that, it's the fact that you cant do any decent sprays at all, the bullets just fly over people when they shouldnt. Not to mention when playing on competitive the bullets to not register most of the time. I was standing right in front of an enemy and fired at least 6 or 7 bullets that should have damaged him.

I had around 50-60 ping (I've made it as low as possible in the options menu to what ping I want when joining games.

What I've also noticed when aiming and firing in decent bursts is that the bullets just fly over people. You know when you just aim dead on perfectly and I mean PERFECTLY and the bullets just miss, whilst the person you shoot at just shoots you like he has no recoil? etc.

Have any of you experienced the same thing? Because CS:S seems to be a lot more stable in my opinion.

Sparx
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Jason Dempster

Re: CS:GO = Catastrophe

Post by Sparx » Mon May 26, 2014 12:37 am

I understand that CS:GO's weaponry isn't as accurate as those in CSS and CS 1.6. The thing with CSGO, is not to spray. Do that, and bullets decide to fly in opposite directions when they leave the barrel. I can't really think of a time where my shots didn't register, or whatever- but I have been frustrated when I die and I'm like..

"55 in 4, what the hell! I shot him more times!.." blah blah blah.

However, it's dependant on what gun you're using.
Retired IG Lead Administrator

TommyB
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: William Silver

Post by TommyB » Mon May 26, 2014 6:01 am

Dalek wrote:Am I the only one here who thinks that CS:GO is a shit game? it was great during the beta, until it was ruined with update after update making it a lot more difficult to get kills. But its not just that, it's the fact that you cant do any decent sprays at all, the bullets just fly over people when they shouldnt. Not to mention when playing on competitive the bullets to not register most of the time. I was standing right in front of an enemy and fired at least 6 or 7 bullets that should have damaged him.

I had around 50-60 ping (I've made it as low as possible in the options menu to what ping I want when joining games.

What I've also noticed when aiming and firing in decent bursts is that the bullets just fly over people. You know when you just aim dead on perfectly and I mean PERFECTLY and the bullets just miss, whilst the person you shoot at just shoots you like he has no recoil? etc.

Have any of you experienced the same thing? Because CS:S seems to be a lot more stable in my opinion.
If I remember correctly, the hitboxes in CS:S are a lot larger compared to the hitboxes in CS:GO. That alone is a huge factor in how the game plays. In some ways I do dislike how they bumped up the inaccuracy of weapons while moving but it's not a game killer for me, I personally like the challenge. It is very possible to do decent sprays, you actually have to put effort into figuring out how the spray pattern of your selected weapon works. Once you nail the spray pattern you can definitely spray down a row of enemies if you peak at the right time.

There are a few issues with competitive matchmaking. For one, the servers are 64 tick and its proven time and time again to be unreliable. Not only that, some of Valve's servers are very unstable so the registration can be very wonky. A lot of it typically boils down to the stability of the server you're on. 64 tick is bearable but an unstable server is not.

The way I see it, CS:S is simply easier than CS:GO. It's easier to hit people, easier to spray and easier to play. CS:GO being more challenging doesn't make it a catastrophe.

The reason why you're missing what should be clear shots is most likely due to your movement. You most likely started shooting a few milliseconds before your inaccuracy from your movement reset, thus causing you to miss the shots. It's very hard to pinpoint why shots don't always hit, but almost every time I look back at some footage of me missing a shot which I thought was a hit, I see that it was user error and not at fault of the game.

Mofujohn
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Mofujohn » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:07 am

If you watch a 2minute video on Youtube on how to shoot, it pretty much shows how the bullets travel once you fire them, and that on AK/M4 it goes upwards and sideways, thats why all your bullets fly over if you try to spray.

Watch a guide how to control recoil, and you'll learn that using 3 bullet bursts on the AK are highely effective and kill most the time.

Although I have to agree with you on some points, as in certain situations some bullets just do not register even though I clearly would have shot him.

All around, its a fun game because its all about team tactics so it's fun playing with a group of friends where you have to talk to each other about tactics not just run around getting 25 kill streaks like on CoD. Another thing that adds to to excitement of the game is how competitive it is, I've been in situations where its 13-13 and you can't take your eyes off the screen.

The game I've been playing the most of recently.

Ryoma
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Ryoma » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:14 am

Only gripe with the game I have is the terrible optimization issues, since apparently Valve does not care about making the game perform smoother but rather money off weapon skins. I've had no problems with the game until they first released the Arms Update. Now, the longer I play the worse my FPS gets and I can't even play in 32 player servers for longer than 15 minutes. The new maps with large bodies of water I lag horribly on. It's pretty stupid. All my settings are on the lowest and I barely hit 200 FPS with an i7-2600k @ 4.4ghz, 16GB RAM, and 2x 660Ti. I cap my FPS at 151 though since I have a 120hz monitor, but regardless I should still be getting a lot more.

This problem has been noted for over a year and yet it still has not been fixed by Valve.

Jayke
Donator
Donator

Post by Jayke » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:32 am

Ryoma wrote:Only gripe with the game I have is the terrible optimization issues, since apparently Valve does not care about making the game perform smoother but rather money off weapon skins. I've had no problems with the game until they first released the Arms Update. Now, the longer I play the worse my FPS gets and I can't even play in 32 player servers for longer than 15 minutes. The new maps with large bodies of water I lag horribly on. It's pretty stupid. All my settings are on the lowest and I barely hit 200 FPS with an i7-2600k @ 4.4ghz, 16GB RAM, and 2x 660Ti. I cap my FPS at 151 though since I have a 120hz monitor, but regardless I should still be getting a lot more.

This problem has been noted for over a year and yet it still has not been fixed by Valve.
i7 4770k
780Ti
8GB Ram

---

Random freezes, sound bugs ever since this new loading screen went in, absolute bs, great game turned into a money game.

Bricks
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: BASED GOD

Post by Bricks » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:41 pm

It's the 64 tickrate servers that make your bullets go through the enemy with no effect, sadly Valve is a cheap fucker and can't run the servers on 128 tickrate. I love competitive but bullets not registering sure gets annoying at times. It's the same in every CS really, but most servers had a high tickrate so it wasn't that noticeable before in 1.6 or CS:S.
geno #71

Mofujohn
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Mofujohn » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:03 am

Don't understand why Valve don't invest just some of the money they get from stuff such as weapon skins etc into getting better servers.

However, I've not experienced any of the problems that have been noted in this thread, except for bullets not registering.

Dalek
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Dalek » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:00 pm

zDiesel wrote:Don't understand why Valve don't invest just some of the money they get from stuff such as weapon skins etc into getting better servers.

However, I've not experienced any of the problems that have been noted in this thread, except for bullets not registering.
Lucky you, I'm not going to play CS:GO again until it gets updated. I shot 8 bullets into this guy hiding behind de_dust2 middle doors crouching with a PP-Bizon, none of the bullets registered at all. Out of the 8 fired, it took him just under 2 seconds to kill me. I aimed perfectly at him, it wasn't even possible for the bullets to miss because of how close I was to him. Back to CS:S for me.

otter
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by otter » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:28 pm

Dalek wrote:
zDiesel wrote:Don't understand why Valve don't invest just some of the money they get from stuff such as weapon skins etc into getting better servers.

Lucky you, I'm not going to play CS:GO again until it gets updated. I shot 8 bullets into this guy hiding behind de_dust2 middle doors crouching with a PP-Bizon, none of the bullets registered at all. Out of the 8 fired, it took him just under 2 seconds to kill me. I aimed perfectly at him, it wasn't even possible for the bullets to miss because of how close I was to him. Back to CS:S for me.
Not understanding recoil patterns != bad game

oRe
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by oRe » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:40 pm

Don't expect to ace a game from the first few minutes. In time you will get better at it, I had the same impression at first but after practicing and getting used to the weapon recoil, CS:GO is above all shooters. If you want better servers, make an account on faceit.com and you can play there for free on 128 tick servers.
RETIRED TESTER

Dalek
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Dalek » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:19 pm

Otter. wrote:
Dalek wrote:

Not understanding recoil patterns != bad game
The bullets hit, there were red marks of where the bullets went into the player, and NONE of the bullets out of the 8 that were fired did not register at all.

Dalek
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Dalek » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:26 pm

oRe wrote:Don't expect to ace a game from the first few minutes. In time you will get better at it, I had the same impression at first but after practicing and getting used to the weapon recoil, CS:GO is above all shooters. If you want better servers, make an account on faceit.com and you can play there for free on 128 tick servers.
It's not even that, its the fact that the bullets just dont register at all. I wouldn't be dead 90% of the time if it were for that.

Forbes.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: S.ARTIS

Post by Forbes. » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Dalek wrote:
oRe wrote:Don't expect to ace a game from the first few minutes. In time you will get better at it, I had the same impression at first but after practicing and getting used to the weapon recoil, CS:GO is above all shooters. If you want better servers, make an account on faceit.com and you can play there for free on 128 tick servers.
It's not even that, its the fact that the bullets just dont register at all. I wouldn't be dead 90% of the time if it were for that.
That right there is the KEY to why you're dying.

Blame yourself, even if it is not your fault you died FIND something that you did wrong and work to improve it, do not blame the game.
VENI VIDI VICI
KILO BLOCK X LOCOTES X3 X HARMONY OAKS

Dalek
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Dalek » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:06 pm

Forbes. wrote:
Dalek wrote:
That right there is the KEY to why you're dying.

Blame yourself, even if it is not your fault you died FIND something that you did wrong and work to improve it, do not blame the game.
Because I can change how the bullets register in CS:GO...

Return to “Other Games”