Marc Ecko's Getting Up?

You and a group of other LS:RP players play any game together? Want a place to discuss, show off, or rant about? Well here you go!

Due to lack of regulation and excessive amounts of server advertisement- the section has been temporarily closed.
Cas
Bless Up
Bless Up
Ingame name: Don E

Marc Ecko's Getting Up?

Post by Cas » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:41 pm

All I got to say is that this is a good game. It was first released in 2006. It's only for Playstation 2, and Xbox, so if you have those consoles you should totally get this. If you've already played this, tell me this. How was it? Did you like the story line?

If you've haven't played this, you may ask questions about it and I'll try to answer them for you.

DryDude
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jewish 1%er.

Re: Marc Ecko's Getting Up?

Post by DryDude » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Bought it few years ago for my PC and reinstalled it few weeks ago, it's a really fun and good game, I wish they make a sequel.
btw it's pretty cool that the voice actor of Trane is the rapper Talib Kweli.

Cas
Bless Up
Bless Up

Post by Cas » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:53 pm

DryDude wrote:Bought it few years ago for my PC and reinstalled it few weeks ago, it's a really fun and good game, I wish they make a sequel.
btw it's pretty cool that the voice actor of Trane is the rapper Talib Kweli.
Yeah, plus the songs are there are good to.

El Machete Grande
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Dirty_Eiht

Post by El Machete Grande » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:30 pm

finished it 3 times, one of the best games w/ best story lines, I hope they make a pt 2 of the game, it's really one of a kind

Roderick_Mays
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: 1 Of 1

Post by Roderick_Mays » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:25 am

Never played it my check it out
Double Back, Dressed In Red Laces

Garethkeir
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Garethkeir » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:57 am

Yeah, This game used to be my shit. I'm pretty sure I still have it sitting around in my closet.

This game is awesome, great storyline, such a cool game for it's time. Thank you for making this topic, brought back alot of childhood memories, haha.

MaliKid
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by MaliKid » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:07 am

I had it, was a pretty good game for its time, I didn't know it was on Xbox. I hope it's compatible, the game is pretty fun.

GoochLocc
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by GoochLocc » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:38 am

One of the best games I've played, I used to smash this back in the day lol.
Don't Give A Fuck 14.

Rastislav
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Chet Seeger

Post by Rastislav » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:37 am

I remember playing this! Unfortunately, it was kind of hard at the time. But I did see that this was a one-of-a-kind video game. I should get around to playing it again one day.

Tre.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Tre. » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:48 am

Jeez, I used to play this soo long ago. Used to be fun.

.mikey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by .mikey » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:24 am

Never played it lol, what's it about?

Cas
Bless Up
Bless Up

Post by Cas » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:21 am

Garr wrote:Never played it lol, what's it about?
I'm not good at explaining things so thank WIKI:

"The story begins the New Radius Slums, where Trane, against the will of his grandmother, runs away from home to establish himself as a Graffiti artist. His first goal was to set himself as a notorious graffiti artist within the New Radius slums. His exploits reveals the state of New Radius, as a result of Sung's attempts at Gentrification of the city to make it look prosperous. He has oppressed the lower class societies by eliminating the budget of liberal arts for more "prosperous" enterprises in the city, using the C.C.K to keep the slums and the city's seedy reputation suppressed through violence. Trane soon butts heads with the Vandals of New Radius led by Gabe who constantly paints over his works. Realizing he needs to make his crew well known, he successfully tags the city monorail which allows him to show his graffiti around New Radius in the face of both the C.C.K and the VaNR and then defeating Gabe in a Graffiti battle which forces an alliance between both Crews.
Soon enough though,Trane is incapacitated by Decoy who tells him about his father's past and how it all connects to Sung's rise to power and the anti-graffiti campaign was a smokescreen to prevent artists such as Decoy from revealing the truth about Sung paying Trane's father to assassinate a rival candidate and Decoy had been tagging posters with the phrase "9/06" which is the day when Sung ordered the murder of Trane's father to cover up his involvement. Taking his revolution to the next step Trane begins tagging upper New Radius, the pristine part of the city which Sung upheld as the bastion of progress. Amongst the tagging campaign however Gabe betrays Trane under the threat of being killed by Shanna, an assassin in the employ of the New Radius News who uses the recent events to make interesting news. This leads to Lower New Radius being attacked by C.C.K death squads and Decoy's death at the hands of New Radius News's assassination and lover Shanna, swearing revenge, he plans a smear campaign against Sung by planting flyers which incriminates Sung for his role in the murder of another candidate. Trane defeats Shanna (although she does not die as she is revealed to have survived the fall from the blimp as a helicopter was waiting for her. While the fight to overthrow Sung has ended, the fight for freedom is never finished for Trane as he continues his tagging campaigns to keep the city of New Radius always in question."

DryDude
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jewish 1%er.

Post by DryDude » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:27 pm

Cas wrote:
Garr wrote:Never played it lol, what's it about?
I'm not good at explaining things so thank WIKI:

"The story begins the New Radius Slums, where Trane, against the will of his grandmother, runs away from home to establish himself as a Graffiti artist. His first goal was to set himself as a notorious graffiti artist within the New Radius slums. His exploits reveals the state of New Radius, as a result of Sung's attempts at Gentrification of the city to make it look prosperous. He has oppressed the lower class societies by eliminating the budget of liberal arts for more "prosperous" enterprises in the city, using the C.C.K to keep the slums and the city's seedy reputation suppressed through violence. Trane soon butts heads with the Vandals of New Radius led by Gabe who constantly paints over his works. Realizing he needs to make his crew well known, he successfully tags the city monorail which allows him to show his graffiti around New Radius in the face of both the C.C.K and the VaNR and then defeating Gabe in a Graffiti battle which forces an alliance between both Crews.
Soon enough though,Trane is incapacitated by Decoy who tells him about his father's past and how it all connects to Sung's rise to power and the anti-graffiti campaign was a smokescreen to prevent artists such as Decoy from revealing the truth about Sung paying Trane's father to assassinate a rival candidate and Decoy had been tagging posters with the phrase "9/06" which is the day when Sung ordered the murder of Trane's father to cover up his involvement. Taking his revolution to the next step Trane begins tagging upper New Radius, the pristine part of the city which Sung upheld as the bastion of progress. Amongst the tagging campaign however Gabe betrays Trane under the threat of being killed by Shanna, an assassin in the employ of the New Radius News who uses the recent events to make interesting news. This leads to Lower New Radius being attacked by C.C.K death squads and Decoy's death at the hands of New Radius News's assassination and lover Shanna, swearing revenge, he plans a smear campaign against Sung by planting flyers which incriminates Sung for his role in the murder of another candidate. Trane defeats Shanna (although she does not die as she is revealed to have survived the fall from the blimp as a helicopter was waiting for her. While the fight to overthrow Sung has ended, the fight for freedom is never finished for Trane as he continues his tagging campaigns to keep the city of New Radius always in question."
Dude you just revealed him the whole plot lol
basically the game is about a graffiti artist that dreams to become a legend and goes against the anti-graffiti police squad and rival gangs, it's really worth checking out.

Tyshawn_Phillips
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Tyshawn_Phillips » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:36 pm

Sounds interesting.

Garethkeir
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Garethkeir » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:50 am

It really is a great game if you're into graffiti. I really suggest trying it out if you have the chance.

Return to “Other Games”