TitanFall

You and a group of other LS:RP players play any game together? Want a place to discuss, show off, or rant about? Well here you go!

Due to lack of regulation and excessive amounts of server advertisement- the section has been temporarily closed.

Moderators: Game Admins, Lead Admins

Craxx
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Leroy Porter

Re: TitanFall

Post by Craxx » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:01 pm

The game is decent, but it didn't live up to my expectations.

LEROY PORTER

iChester
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: McCormack

Post by iChester » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:55 pm

Saw it on origin, looks nice. How is it?
".ולארץ לא יכופר לדם אשר שופך בה כי אם בדם שופכו"
הרב מאיר כהנא

Beans
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Beans » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:54 pm

Cancelled my pre-order after playing the beta. It's not my type of game.

6 versus 6.
Most of the time you're killing bots which knocks your timer down before you get your titan. I want to fight real ppl.
It's exactly like Call Of Duty.
A huge titan that does zero damage to its surroundings. I thought this was next gen? BF3 had that.

Dodgers
- Silver Member -
- Silver Member -

Post by Dodgers » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:37 pm

Probably the best moment I've had so far on Titanfall:

http://www.twitch.tv/zachhx/c/3741372

For some reason it came out a little choppy.. but I think you should still be able to see what happened.

Original
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Original » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:08 am

played at a friends, really fun game.

Hollywood Gangster
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Hollywood Gangster » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:11 am

Beans wrote:Cancelled my pre-order after playing the beta. It's not my type of game.

6 versus 6.
Most of the time you're killing bots which knocks your timer down before you get your titan. I want to fight real ppl.
A huge titan that does zero damage to its surroundings. I thought this was next gen? BF3 had that.

What's wrong with 6 vs 6? Two of the best multiplayer games to date had 6 v 6 and they are still amazing games today. (COD4 and Halo).
I agree the bots are kind of shit but it's still a super fun game.
It feels like alot of FPS games but most FPS games all feel the same anyway.
Why are people obsessed about destruction these days? It's not Battlefield and if you want to blow up some walls then go play BF4 if you can get that game working. Also when they showed the game of for the first time there was clearly no destruction so why would you think there would be any in the beta or final version?

Dodgers
- Silver Member -
- Silver Member -

Post by Dodgers » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:32 am

Hollywood Gangster wrote:
Beans wrote:Cancelled my pre-order after playing the beta. It's not my type of game.

6 versus 6.

What's wrong with 6 vs 6? Two of the best multiplayer games to date had 6 v 6 and they are still amazing games today. (COD4 and Halo).

Only to add League of Legends in its next patch.

Munchies
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Munchies » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:15 pm

My opinion is that EA didn't want Respawn to add environment destruction in Titanfall so they don't compete with the Battlefield franchise and its trademark destruction. Plus, Respawn was a pretty small team when they started and destruction probably wasn't their primary goal, they just wanted to make a game they'd like people to play.

Still sketchy about them going under EA though, Activision = EA -- same bullshit different package.

Sparx
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Jason Dempster

Post by Sparx » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:34 am

Really sucks that the beta is over for this. Has real potential when it gets released or a new beta comes out in March.
Retired IG Lead Administrator @focolsrp | @focosparx
"Some people get their kicks, stomping on a dream"

Hollywood Gangster
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Hollywood Gangster » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:44 pm

Munchies wrote:My opinion is that EA didn't want Respawn to add environment destruction in Titanfall so they don't compete with the Battlefield franchise and its trademark destruction. Plus, Respawn was a pretty small team when they started and destruction probably wasn't their primary goal, they just wanted to make a game they'd like people to play.

Still sketchy about them going under EA though, Activision = EA -- same bullshit different package.

Or maybe they just didn't want to add destruction into the game?
I don't get why everyone keeps saying the game should have destruction or why is there no destruction etc. Not every game needs to be like battlefield.

Munchies
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Munchies » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:49 pm

I think you need to re-read my post, exactly what I said, no need to start fussing about.

Munchies wrote:Plus, Respawn was a pretty small team when they started and destruction probably wasn't their primary goal, they just wanted to make a game they'd like people to play.

Ryoma
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Ryoma » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:48 am

What do you think of the game? I just finished the campaign twice, one for each team, and it basically gets you up to around level 25 from solely campaign.

Amez
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Matias Chavez

Post by Amez » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Didn't like the game at all, didn't even make it through the tutorial. Defiantly won't be buying it.

Landon
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: David Landon

Post by Landon » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:23 pm

After participating in the beta I decided not to buy the game itself, I got boring after 3-4 rounds. That is something I do not have with Battlefield 4.

Alprazolam
- Silver Member -
- Silver Member -

Post by Alprazolam » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:02 pm

Anyone else (still) playing this? I've played it a few times on Xbox One and it's not bad IMO.
FX-8320 @ 4Ghz • Corsair Hydro H75 • Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 2GB • HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM • ASRock 970 Extreme3 • 240GB SSD • 500GB 7200RPM HDD • 23" Acer LED 1080p Monitor

Planned Upgrades: Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290 4GB DDR5, Gigabyte GA-990FXA UD3

Return to “Other Games”