Bring back the original /siren position

Once suggestion is approved by a developer and or lead developer it will be moved here.
WhiteShadow
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Alexander_Darnell

Bring back the original /siren position

Post by WhiteShadow » Thu May 14, 2015 11:51 pm

Adjust the siren object back to it's original position (The dashboard) for the premier, sultan, and other vehicles (except the Rancher as it has the blue light and having two sirens looks weird) to how it was before the 0.3.7 update, it's an eyesore and kind of painful to look at it with how it was adjusted now.
Last edited by WhiteShadow on Fri May 15, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShadow

Alexander Darnell - Retired Police Captain I
Jay Norman - Retired Master Thief
Ex-Senior Forum Moderator
Image Ex-Head of Other Games Mods

Retired from the LS:RP Staff Team
Left the Server/Community

LemonPower
✞↘± ☯₆⁶₆☯ ±↙✞
✞↘± ☯₆⁶₆☯ ±↙✞

Re: Returning the original /siren position

Post by LemonPower » Thu May 14, 2015 11:57 pm

I'd like to suggest that the position for the /siren on marked cruisers should be changed to the rear. I'll add screenshots below from some of my old videos with the same feature but in the back. It would serve well during traffic stops and for general visibility during traffic control.

ImageImageImage
"I will lay down my life for you and expect nothing but love in return. I protect my officer with my life, and would gladly take a bullet in his place.
I am sent in to find lost children and fugitives on the run. I find drugs and weapons and even bombs. I am the first sent in and sometimes the last to leave. I am the nose and ears of my officer. I will protect and serve him. I would die for him and for you. I only ask for compassion and a kind word.
"

Kenshi911
SWAT
SWAT
Ingame name: Robocop_33791

Post by Kenshi911 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:06 am

I must admidt, I am really not a fan of removing the entire ELM set up. the vast majority of the people in the LSPD, The SASD and the LSFD are all using it, forcing the removal of something that we all love to play around with and use for general purpose is a very bitter pill to swallow. Rather then outright removing it, can we make sure that there is no possible way to work around that?

Nontheless, I've thought of a way to improve the "compensation" given to everyone for giving up the Emergency light moddification.
My suggestion is to implement the folowing object
Spoiler: show

And position it as its real life counterpart, right at the upper-middle section of the windscreen. And use that as a replacement to the current 1980's Michigan state police roofcap.
as seen here: show

Would this be possible?
"The police line will hold... Even if I have to hold it myself."
"Soon they'll draft and sign the usual treaties, award their medals and campaign ribbons, build their memorials, but mourning the countless deaths.. That won't end in our lifetime.
And to the generations that follow, I offer the hopes and prayers that somehow we find our way to a lasting peace." - Sergeant Jack Barnes May 1945

Seabrook
Los Angeles Sheriff's Department
Ingame name: MASKed.

Post by Seabrook » Fri May 15, 2015 12:06 am

LemonPower wrote:I'd like to suggest that the position for the /siren on marked cruisers should be changed to the rear. I'll add screenshots below from some of my old videos with the same feature but in the back. It would serve well during traffic stops and for general visibility during traffic control.

No thanks, then that makes /siren basically useless, since people in the front of you need to be able to see it too.

I do however suggest that there be a command implemented in-game for /adjustsiren and you can basically adjust the siren to the position you want, kinda like /roadblock.

Input?
DEPUTY SHERIFF WILLIAM MEADOWS

Kenshi911
SWAT
SWAT

Post by Kenshi911 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:08 am

Seabrook wrote:
LemonPower wrote:I'd like to suggest that the position for the /siren on marked cruisers should be changed to the rear. I'll add screenshots below from some of my old videos with the same feature but in the back. It would serve well during traffic stops and for general visibility during traffic control.

No thanks, then that makes /siren basically useless, since people in the front of you need to be able to see it too.

I do however suggest that there be a command implemented in-game for /adjustsiren and you can basically adjust the siren to the position you want, kinda like /roadblock.

Input?

Can't we combine my suggestion that was posted after lemonpowers? That way we have a siren in the front and in the back.
"Soon they'll draft and sign the usual treaties, award their medals and campaign ribbons, build their memorials, but mourning the countless deaths.. That won't end in our lifetime.
And to the generations that follow, I offer the hopes and prayers that somehow we find our way to a lasting peace." - Sergeant Jack Barnes May 1945

Seabrook

Post by Seabrook » Fri May 15, 2015 12:09 am

Kenshi911 wrote:
Seabrook wrote:
LemonPower wrote:snip snip

Can't we combine my suggestion that was posted after lemonpowers? That way we have a siren in the front and in the back.

Well, I don't see an issue with it. But Sparx posted something in a different section stating it might cause the server to be unstable, however I am not familiar with server scripting at all so I might be wrong.

LemonPower
✞↘± ☯₆⁶₆☯ ±↙✞
✞↘± ☯₆⁶₆☯ ±↙✞

Post by LemonPower » Fri May 15, 2015 12:10 am

Seabrook wrote:No thanks, then that makes /siren basically useless, since people in the front of you need to be able to see it too.
A traffic stop is never done with the vehicle's front facing away from the vehicle and traffic control is typically done using traffic advisors which are commonly located and only visible from the rear of the vehicle.

Seabrook wrote:I do however suggest that there be a command implemented in-game for /adjustsiren and you can basically adjust the siren to the position you want, kinda like /roadblock.

Input?

I honestly thing there should only be one set position based off the default cruiser model to avoid having floating sirens following cars around.
ImageImageImage
"I will lay down my life for you and expect nothing but love in return. I protect my officer with my life, and would gladly take a bullet in his place.
I am sent in to find lost children and fugitives on the run. I find drugs and weapons and even bombs. I am the first sent in and sometimes the last to leave. I am the nose and ears of my officer. I will protect and serve him. I would die for him and for you. I only ask for compassion and a kind word.
"

Seabrook

Post by Seabrook » Fri May 15, 2015 12:12 am

LemonPower wrote:
Seabrook wrote:No thanks, then that makes /siren basically useless, since people in the front of you need to be able to see it too.
A traffic stop is never done with the vehicle's front facing away from the vehicle and traffic control is typically done using traffic advisors which are commonly located and only visible from the rear of the vehicle.

Seabrook wrote:I do however suggest that there be a command implemented in-game for /adjustsiren and you can basically adjust the siren to the position you want, kinda like /roadblock.

Input?

I honestly thing there should only be one set position based off the default cruiser model to avoid having floating sirens following cars around.

You are correct, but there also is a siren in the front as-well ;P

But, I don't understand why people can't adjust it to there liking, everyone wants the siren in a different place rather than the other person, lol.

I don't know though, I'm all for the sirens and all, but I will miss ELM.

danielswe
Mafia
Mafia

Re: Bring back the original /siren position

Post by danielswe » Fri May 15, 2015 12:32 am

Now that ELM is no longer allowed, I think people are going to miss the flashing headlights. I know I will.
So I have a suggestion that Mmartin's own blinker script could provide some help. If you look at the last 5 seconds of the video demonstrating it, that setting where the headlights flash one time each could be used with the /siren command. Along with Kenshi's suggestion with the new siren object.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Kenshi911
SWAT
SWAT

Post by Kenshi911 » Fri May 15, 2015 1:12 am

I want to follow up by asking, is it possible to allow the nyolc8's EVLS, as this is purely client sided.
It was used to further enhance your ELM setup by throwing more environment lights onto it.
That in combination with Mmartin's blinker script and both my suggestion and lemonpowers suggestion would make for a far better and agreeable compensation. No?

tagtag
The Procurer
The Procurer

Post by tagtag » Fri May 15, 2015 4:28 pm

Make it adjustable like /adjustgun works right now.

GTAIVCode3
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Chloe Blanc

Post by GTAIVCode3 » Fri May 15, 2015 5:02 pm

Moving this to vehicle suggestions.

Seabrook

Post by Seabrook » Wed May 20, 2015 5:55 am

Kenshi911 wrote:I want to follow up by asking, is it possible to allow the nyolc8's EVLS, as this is purely client sided.
It was used to further enhance your ELM setup by throwing more environment lights onto it.
That in combination with Mmartin's blinker script and both my suggestion and lemonpowers suggestion would make for a far better and agreeable compensation. No?

We should make that a seperate suggestion or PM mmartin about it directly, I'm not sure why nyolc8's was disallowed.

LemonPower
✞↘± ☯₆⁶₆☯ ±↙✞
✞↘± ☯₆⁶₆☯ ±↙✞

Post by LemonPower » Wed May 20, 2015 10:01 am

I honestly think that that is the best position for the siren at this point, even more so considering that that looks just fine on the default (unmodded) LSPD cruiser and pretty much works with all of the most common vehicle mods. It could be used during traffic stops for visibility and other utilities. Though this would mainly be aesthetic it would still be a nice feature.

ImageImage

And as someone stated previously;

People in the front don't need to be able to see it, especially during traffic stops as it's completely irrelevant to them considering the scripted siren on vehicles with preexisting light bars would be used for that.

In addition to having the lights in the back it could just stay at it's original position but instead without the siren object so it doesn't look like a MSP patrol car.
ImageImageImage
"

Stefanovic
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: 004

Post by Stefanovic » Mon May 25, 2015 1:41 am

Bring back the old siren position pl0x
Last edited by Patrick on Mon May 25, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warned : Spamming
THE NOTORIOUS

Return to “Forwarded Suggestions”