Taxi Duty

Once suggestion is approved by a developer and or lead developer it will be moved here.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Trumavarium
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Taxi Duty

Post by Trumavarium » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:58 am

Hello

While on "/taxi duty", I believe you should be able, just like "/v light", to toggle the taxi-lamp light in order to show if you're available or not. This brings realism and also professionalism while driving as an outlook.

As there's already a lamp scripted in, on the taxis in the game, I believe it shouldn't be a problem to solve this problem. A simple command (when "/taxi duty" has been toggled on and you have the orange name) as "/taxi light" could be a good solution. It would work just like "/v light" | "/v l", but only for "Taxi" and "Cabbie" obviously, and during the time you're actually scriptwise on-duty.

It's fairly simple and should clearly be implemented as I see nothing bad with this at all - I'm also quite curious why it's not in the script yet.

Let me know what you guys think though!

Not available.

Available. (Yes I know, it's not the original light, I made it myself - duh)

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Taxi Duty

Post by Ferdinand » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:23 pm

Dr.White
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Dr.White » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:03 pm

Hello. I'm a taxi driver myself and I support this. How it is useful when you're on /taxi duty on?
Sometimes you're without a passenger hence you can switch that light on, once you go for one you can switch it off. Same happens when you're driving a customer somewhere.

Everett
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Vanessa Lockhart

Post by Everett » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:22 pm

I don't think it will actually matter, since as far as I can see it, people won't really care if there is a lamp on or not, and along with people's mods the lamp might even be unnoticable or not show up at all blending into the graphics (ENB etcetera). I don't see what is the problem keeping it as it is now, it works nicely and doesn't make problems.

Despite that, in real life, at least where I live and places I visited, there is no such thing which tells you if the taxi is available or not.

Sorry, not supporting.

Burgoo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Mr. X.

Post by Burgoo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:44 pm

I support for this for the novelty side of it. It's a nice suggestion but something that doesn't hugely benefit the LSRP community and I'm sure that's what matters most. I see where you're coming from, as I said, a nice novelty. However, as mentioned, there's not an awful lot of people who RP as a taxi driver anyway and when they do, they soon cut it loose.

Apply to join SAN here!
SAN/LS Times articles
Got a story for SAN? Click here!
SAN faction page

Gabriella Lawson — San Andreas Network — Network Manager

Rastislav
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Alan Roberts

Post by Rastislav » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:57 am

I too support the concept of having an additional light on taxis. Despite the fact that it's quite a nice detail that adds an extra layer to our current roleplay, I'm in doubt if it's actually that useful. Taxi drivers spend over half their time driving to customers that phoned for a ride. From what I recall regarding my personal career, I barely met people on the streets (randomly, without any calls) who were interested in having a ride from A to B.

Kentzy
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: A. DeLuca

Post by Kentzy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Actually It's not a so good idea... just because a light pff.. players get in your car without askin' if you are free anyway...
A good idea would be to can add that taxi sign on another personal car ... Like Sultan or... Sentinel
That would be a Real Taxi Update... Just imagine how cool would be..
Driving your preferate 4-doors car and earn some money too :D

EDIT: Also 2 doors cars for the people what are in a real hurry , Buffalo/Stallion/Elegy/Cheetah/etc...
And maybe for the people who wanna put the sign on the personal car.. let's be a require for example colour...
The colour to be set Yellow to can put the sign on the personal car... and now the script which is suggested with the light , to take the attention.

Mehtar
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Nicholas Dunsworth

Post by Mehtar » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:12 am

Uhhhh I really don't like the mod you had shown because of aesthetic reasons but if you can have a more touched up version then yes full support it would make the server seem much more immersive.
Nicholas Dunsworth
Image[/center]
"Nulla dies sine linea"

The Outfit
My Guide For RPing Fights

Saro_Harry
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Saro_Harry » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:10 pm

It's not about if people like it or not it's more roleplaying as taxi driver.

Justus
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Harry Bernard

Post by Justus » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:36 am

Yeah!

Or maybe the sign disappears like turns into a yrllow premier like the script made for it.

Marcus.
Marcus.
Marcus.

Post by Marcus. » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Yup, forwarded.
THE FUTURE WE LIVE TODAY; GET UP; GET UP; AND ERASE; THE BARRICADE
#RandomWhiteDJ

Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development
Ingame name: Lucas Foreman

Post by Mmartin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Keeping for possible future implementation.

Return to “Forwarded Suggestions”