Apartment Complex Ownership Improvement

Once suggestion is approved by a developer and or lead developer it will be moved here.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Captain Phill
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Apartment Complex Ownership Improvement

Post by Captain Phill » Thu May 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Right now the owning of an Apartment Complex isn't so good when it comes to communication between the Apartment Complex Owner and the apartment owners. I'd wish there was an easier way to contact and send in character messages to those renting at your complex so a system to be scripted for it would be excellent.

Basically: there would be a command for complex owners to leave a message for the whole complex via the noteboard object which when walked past would pop up in a menu with the set message.

Then, there would be a way for the complex owner to leave a message for specific apartments which would be shown upon entry/login.
Retired Police Commander: Counter Terrorism Bureau

Trumavarium
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: Apartment Complex Ownership Improvement

Post by Trumavarium » Thu May 16, 2013 3:21 pm

But, what kind of messages would be needed to proclaim in the first place? And would you be able to make notes personally/individually as well?

Captain Phill
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Captain Phill » Thu May 16, 2013 4:47 pm

Trumavarium wrote:But, what kind of messages would be needed to proclaim in the first place? And would you be able to make notes personally/individually as well?

Implementation of new rules, new policies, general messages. It could work the other way as well such as apartment owners needing to get in touch with the complex owner.

Process
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Process » Thu May 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Trumavarium wrote:But, what kind of messages would be needed to proclaim in the first place? And would you be able to make notes personally/individually as well?

There's usually a barrier between individuals through time zones and not knowing their forum accounts, I'm sure any message (renovations, etcetra) can be passed through this.

Allison Hall
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Allison Hall » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:03 am

What about just a settable entrance message like certain businesses have?
Retired Tester • Amateur Modder • Videographer • Ex-Mayor • Civilian Roleplayer • GTAStuff.com

Captain Phill
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Captain Phill » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Allison Hall wrote:What about just a settable entrance message like certain businesses have?

That could work just as well. It's more the ability to get a message across then how it's done.

Andrey_Baranova
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: E. Santos

Post by Andrey_Baranova » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Well, as I know from IRL - a NOTE board should be 'placed' on the entrance, something like that - then, anyone who gets into the complex can notice it - the system of the business sounds good.
[aligntable=left,0,0,0,0,]-
Current Characters:
Craig Rodriguez
Anthony Rossellini

Previous Characters:
David Rousseau
Dante Esposito
Hector Mandez[/aligntable]
[aligntable=left,200,0,0,0,]Los Santos Role-play:
Event team - Suggest an event
Hebrew Workshop founder
Technical supprt/ quetsions
Beginner guides
About me
South Central Cycos 13
LS-RP UCP[/aligntable]

Member'since 2011

Dreams And Illusions
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Dreams And Illusions » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:06 am

A lot of people, including me, are discouraged to role-play within apartment complexes for that same reason. You never know when the owner is going to swing by, go in out, evict you and whatnot — anything can happen. The reason why apartment complexes aren't so popular in this community is because of the communication lacking. Yes, definetly would bring a big change to how things are being done right now in-game. Implement this, please.

Drunny
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Drunny » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:43 am

I support this, like a note system on the front door of your complex or the other side of the door at an apartment. Would be cool if an apartment complex owner is told which apartment was raided by the police, and handguns were found in your apartment, so the complex owner puts a note on your door saying your apartment will be searched once a week on a Tuesday for example, and a warrant will be placed for your arrest if something is found etc. Though with this specific example, whoever is renting at the apartment could easily be the ones storing the weapons in them, a simple removal would work too.

Frankish
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: ik zeg je doe me na dan

Post by Frankish » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Drunny wrote:I support this, like a note system on the front door of your complex or the other side of the door at an apartment. Would be cool if an apartment complex owner is told which apartment was raided by the police, and handguns were found in your apartment, so the complex owner puts a note on your door saying your apartment will be searched once a week on a Tuesday for example, and a warrant will be placed for your arrest if something is found etc. Though with this specific example, whoever is renting at the apartment could easily be the ones storing the weapons in them, a simple removal would work too.

Realistically, even if you've done nothing wrong. Who wants their apartment looked through every week? There's this thing called privacy.
It'll move mountains! It'll mount movements!

Jeffrey_Braxton

Post by Jeffrey_Braxton » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:43 pm

I don't like the idea of anonymous notes. People might post stupid things
Selling my Brazzers account, PM me.

Koehler
God of Spammers
God of Spammers
Ingame name: Albert_Mauro

Post by Koehler » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:50 pm

Dreams And Illusions wrote:The reason why apartment complexes aren't so popular in this community is because of the communication lacking.

There are a lot of people who roleplay around apartment complexes. There was a faction who was roleplaying around an apartment complex and even got official because of their unique roleplay ideas around the complex.
But nevertheless, supporting the idea it would be a good addition to the server.

Burger
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Burger » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:59 pm

That could be solved as a stand-alone script for notes on a board (just like scripts for TV, radio etc. that require an object placed in the interior). And since complex is actually a modified house script, it could also be used in houses and faction interiors that were furnished as houses.

When the board would be placed you could write a note, simmilar to our regular (though buggy) system, except that notes would stay attached to the board.

I can see this useful for complex owners, tenants of rentable houses, casefiles for cops, conspiracies etc. I support this suggestion aswell as many upgrades to it that might follow.

Everlast.
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Everlast. » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:45 pm

Burger wrote:That could be solved as a stand-alone script for notes on a board (just like scripts for TV, radio etc. that require an object placed in the interior). And since complex is actually a modified house script, it could also be used in houses and faction interiors that were furnished as houses.

When the board would be placed you could write a note, simmilar to our regular (though buggy) system, except that notes would stay attached to the board.

I can see this useful for complex owners, tenants of rentable houses, casefiles for cops, conspiracies etc. I support this suggestion aswell as many upgrades to it that might follow.

That's pretty much what's needed, it would make the communication between the apartment holders and the complex owner much less complicated.
Joseph Mancini

Gozy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Gozy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:32 pm

I support this idea. It will make the RP more realistic because this happens IRL to and the communication between the complex owner and the apartment owners will be much easier.

Return to “Forwarded Suggestions”