Mechanic payment

Once suggestion is approved by a developer and or lead developer it will be moved here.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Alonzo.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Mechanic payment

Post by Alonzo. » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Mechanic payment
Description:
At the moment everyone with the mechanic job gets 1.250$ every payday without doing any mechanic work or role playing a mechanic at all.

I seen videos and images where hood gangsters who don't have anything to do with the mechanic job having the job just to get the 1.250$ paycheck. This is money farming and even abusing the job which I think it needs to stop.

Suggestion:

So instead of just having the job and farming 1.250$ every payday, give a little extra money for each repair/refill/etc done by a mechanic. Something like a bonus for the services.

/discuss

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Mechanic payment

Post by Ferdinand » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:19 am

Most definitely supporting.

My opinion as to why DamianC implemented hourly paychecks for mechanics is he was hoping to increase number of mechanics in the city, because often there was nobody available. It worked for a few weeks, before people started noticing they actually don't have to do anything and will get $1250 hourly no matter what. An important thing to notice is that mechanic job is available as a sidejob so even if you have another working job, which you RP and through which your main percentage of income is generated, you're still available to increase it by $1250 for doing nothing pertaining to that second job. All it takes is doing /mechanicjob in Blueberry.

At some point I even heard a staff team member saying it was "fixed", and that only people doing mechanic-related stuff will receive paycheck for that hour, but this was tested and proven false; players are still available to leech and abuse this job.

This definitely needs to change. If staff is afraid number of mechanics will decrease, they have no reason to. Number itself may decrease, but people willing to do the job and get money for stuff they do will still have and roleplay that job. People which abuse it and leech will surely leave that job, but there is nothing wrong with that.

Alonzo.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Alonzo. » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:45 am

people willing to do the job and get money for stuff they do will still have and roleplay that job. People which abuse it and leech will surely leave that job, but there is nothing wrong with that.

Exactly my point. I was amazed to see players who role play as hood gangsters within a hood gang to have the job just to get the paycheck and nothing to do with being a mechanic. I think this money farming needs to stop.

A simple fix would be adding bonuses for each repair/refill/etc.

Rovan_White
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Rowan_White

Post by Rovan_White » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:08 pm

I'm not supporting it, as it's the only legal job you get paycheck without doing anything, though it allows players to Roleplay secretaries, psychologist lawyers - people who get paid rarely. If my character is a psychologist, this means you cannot expect him taking any script-wise job to make money he only takes mechanic as he doesn't actually have to work. Same for gangsters, unless they are dealing drugs or weapons, there's little to no income for them. You can't expect them riding in tow trucks fixing people's cars as it would be unrealistic. In a server where inflation is very high 1250 per hour isn't something that will make you rich- savings will.

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ferdinand » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:24 am

Rovan_White wrote:I'm not supporting it, as it's the only legal job you get paycheck without doing anything, though it allows players to Roleplay secretaries, psychologist lawyers - people who get paid rarely. If my character is a psychologist, this means you cannot expect him taking any script-wise job to make money he only takes mechanic as he doesn't actually have to work. Same for gangsters, unless they are dealing drugs or weapons, there's little to no income for them. You can't expect them riding in tow trucks fixing people's cars as it would be unrealistic. In a server where inflation is very high 1250 per hour isn't something that will make you rich- savings will.

Ask yourself what percentage of people roleplays as secretaries and similar - answer is their number is negligible, as opposed to people who straight out abuse the job. I would dare say 80 percent of all people on the server have the job, and you couldn't name 3 secretaries, psychologists or lawyers (those employed by the faction excluded, since they get hourly paychecks).

That doesn't even matter though, because the jobs you listed would in fact get paid by the employer so it's up to another player to finance such roleplay. Secretaries receive their wage from the boss, psychologists and lawyers receive their money from clients.

As for "gangsters" as you put it, they do stuff and they get paid for that. If they don't get paid, they're not called gangsters, and in that case they are eligible to receive money from the scripted welfare system. That is, unless they're stupid rich from savings already.

Jenny
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Jennifer_Crawford

Post by Jenny » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Like to hear more feedback on this. I can see both good and bad points to this but a main issue I see is that without that payday payment mechanics really do struggle for some kind of income and to me it seems like we are punishing the ones who don't abuse the system like in suggestions of truckers being fined if the truck is damaged.
Always stand up tall and don't back down without a fight. However always remember that saying you're fed up of a fight and giving up on it doesn't make you weak - it makes you stronger for sticking by what you know is right.

Always show respect and remember that it's earned. You can't force it.

Bellagio
LS:RP Tester
LS:RP Tester
Ingame name: Mirza

Post by Bellagio » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Disagree.
Some new players that join a gang like to earn some money so they take the mechanic job.
This was implemented for a reason, and it should stay.\
Just because you have enough money, doesn't mean it has to be removed for the new players under us.

JockDean
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by JockDean » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:09 pm

I don't have anything against that suggestion.

But, if we are talking about all those gangsters or people who just take the mechanic job to "farm" the cash, maybe they are roleplaying "poor" people, and roleplay the mechanic's duties income as welfare check (at least those gangsters, i think welfare check applies to everyone, or if they have relatively clean criminal record,etc.)

I've took the mechanic job myself, but I'm not driving around the tow truck and keep on repairing the vehicles.
I'm roleplaying mechanic myself, and try doing something by the car RP'ly (clean the ac, change the wheel,etcetera). I'm not the one who is responding to the mechanic call, come up to the caller and do one command. Sorry, I'd used to roleplay mechanic for one month back in the holidays, and i was actually garnishing the /repaircar or something else with couple of /me's.

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ferdinand » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:30 pm

I've been roleplaying a mechanic for a long while before, just recently came back to it.

Anyone who says being a mechanic is not profitable needs to back it up. Standing around while someone does /v colour, /v buylock, /v buyalarm etc. costs you nothing but is usually charged north of 500 e-dollars. Just for standing around. There is a set price for products as well and adding 200 to the sum means you will have 200 profit.

Frankly I've done jobs where it took me ten to fifteen minutes to roleplay the fix or recolour and got fifty grand and more. Just because you're bad at roleplaying a mechanic doesn't mean it's not profitable - matter of the fact is it's more profitable than a few jobs EVEN IF it's done strictly command-wise (e.g. pizza boy and thief job).
_

And regarding the welfare argument, there's a welfare system scripted, made fair. Randomly giving out people money so they can roleplay it as a welfare check is bollocks as it doesn't stop someone who has millions in savings to get $1250 more, hourly.

Also, read the original post again. Alonzo proposes adding bonuses for those who work - that means things would not change a single bit for people who actually work as mechanics instead of farming the money with the job.

Kee-Slim
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Kee-Slim » Sat May 04, 2013 5:50 am

Ferdinand wrote:I've been roleplaying a mechanic for a long while before, just recently came back to it.

Anyone who says being a mechanic is not profitable needs to back it up. Standing around while someone does /v colour, /v buylock, /v buyalarm etc. costs you nothing but is usually charged north of 500 e-dollars. Just for standing around. There is a set price for products as well and adding 200 to the sum means you will have 200 profit.

Frankly I've done jobs where it took me ten to fifteen minutes to roleplay the fix or recolour and got fifty grand and more. Just because you're bad at roleplaying a mechanic doesn't mean it's not profitable - matter of the fact is it's more profitable than a few jobs EVEN IF it's done strictly command-wise (e.g. pizza boy and thief job).
_

And regarding the welfare argument, there's a welfare system scripted, made fair. Randomly giving out people money so they can roleplay it as a welfare check is bollocks as it doesn't stop someone who has millions in savings to get $1250 more, hourly.

Also, read the original post again. Alonzo proposes adding bonuses for those who work - that means things would not change a single bit for people who actually work as mechanics instead of farming the money with the job.

Well, farming is a bad word, I know at least 70-100 instances of gang role players who aren't initiated who RP a job or side job. Since there's not a lot of people willing to pay their own money for something they'll not even script wise receive, this farming seems like a good idea in some instances.

Of course, there's always that once in a blue moon instance of people just taking the job and doing nothing, and I still don't believe we have a Welfare system scripted. But what Alonzo stated earlier was that he saw a video of someone farming. I have to say that's possibly. As you don't know what exactly he/she does during their time as they play. Of course not a single person is going to make a video of them "Working" as it's boring.

CasH4Cream
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Swurvin's BRO

Post by CasH4Cream » Mon May 06, 2013 10:42 am

I dont aggre, if you took the mechanic paycheck away there should be a wealther or something system and you will have to argue with most people on LS-RP

Trumavarium
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Trumavarium » Wed May 08, 2013 10:09 am

I'm actually divided in this question. One part of me tells me it's a fair income for new players, and another part of me tells me it's kind of abusive if you're not going to use the script at all.

I have the mechanic sidejob myself, but I do in fact use it from time to time within my faction at a private 'garage' that we're developing. Aaaanyhow...

The fact that the mechanic salary was lowered A LOT from what the salary was at a few years ago, when you got paid at an approximate amount of $3,500-$5,000 each payday, I don't find the current $1,250 to be much at all.

However, if it were to be lowered even more, to $750 perhaps, it would make more of a fair cut to the deal - to both parties. That means, you won't be distolerant to the salary as a non-user of the mechanic. And you will still get a split share of the pay if you're using it. The $750 (or current $1,250) per hour is more than enough to spend on, on the components and whatnot, that you need to fulfill the mechanic service.

Half
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Half » Thu May 09, 2013 11:13 pm

At all the mechanic job is totally fucked up. Stupid people repair cars for low prices and they dont realize that they give more money for comp than earning. I bought a tow truck few days ago. To repair an engine you need components for 1200$ and I set a price of 1400$. Dumb mechanics take 1k for engine repair and when I go on a location to repair/restore someone's engine or remove a dent he says ''Too expensive'' or ''There's a guy who will do the job cheaper'' Im only losing money... Now I'm sorry for that I spend 18.5k for the towtruck.

Anyway I'm supporting this suggestion, people are only farming and installing security without calling mech.

Mana

Post by Mana » Sun May 12, 2013 5:34 pm

I don't know if I have the rights to post here, since I am very new to this community. But I am against this.
Myself as a new player, I have to get somewhere money, I am not known with the server yet enough. Of course people who got a lot of money would like to stop this, but you gotta think about us new players.
Instead of removing this, remove the paycheck for players who are +10 level. Let us new players get known better how to earn money, then when we get up to a level that we already gain experience, remove it on that level.
Sincerely, a newbie.
UniKKatil [[TBA]] The Bloody Alboz

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ferdinand » Sun May 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Mana wrote:I don't know if I have the rights to post here, since I am very new to this community. But I am against this.
Myself as a new player, I have to get somewhere money, I am not known with the server yet enough. Of course people who got a lot of money would like to stop this, but you gotta think about us new players.
Instead of removing this, remove the paycheck for players who are +10 level. Let us new players get known better how to earn money, then when we get up to a level that we already gain experience, remove it on that level.
Sincerely, a newbie.

You already get $2000 each paycheck as level 1, and then $1500 as level 2. Do the math, that's 8x2000 plus 12x1500 plus your starting money, $5000 on hand plus $15000 in bank. That sums up to $54,000 just for reaching level 3. Obviously, the money you get from actually doing stuff (earning money through legal or illegal means) isn't here and comes as addition to the current pile. But of course, why would you work when you can simply get $1250 more hourly for doing nothing.

Return to “Forwarded Suggestions”