Precision editing

Once suggestion is approved by a developer and or lead developer it will be moved here.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Precision editing

Post by Ferdinand » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:48 pm

I was wondering how the community would feel about a precision command for furniture editing. A simple command would have to be scripted in which would work with already existing variables.
/rotate <axis> <degrees>
This could work while a furniture object is selected in the menu, or the ID on the /furniture list could be placed in the command.

Let me provide an example:
This is a screenshot of a ceiling made using precision editing,
on a server utilizing /rotate <furniture id> <axis> <degrees>.
Spoiler: show

(Ignore the upside down player ped head, screenshot was flipped upside down because I mapped this on the floor instead of ceiling.)

This screenshot shows what a similar thing would look like on ls-rp, to the best of efforts while using our standard, inaccurate editing system.

(To the people wondering what the hell that might be, spoiler.)

As you can see it's quite fucked up and doesn't resemble the original thing due to crookedness.
This is just one example; I know many people use wooden wall objects to place as hardwood floor. Seeing as "Sharp turn" option turns the object in (in this case) an undesirable axis, you have to manually turn the wall ~90˙ to place it on the ground. This takes a bit of effort and unless you spend a bit of time rotating it, it's gonna be crooked.

Precision editing would help in a number of situations, these two were just on the top of my mind.
Let me know what you think.
Last edited by Ferdinand on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

xRandomGuy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jason Sawyer

Re: Precision editing

Post by xRandomGuy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:28 am

Would be very useful in my opinion. Supporting.
"And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?"
".מַה-שֶּׁהָיָה הוּא שֶׁיִּהְיֶה, וּמַה-שֶּׁנַּעֲשָׂה הוּא שֶׁיֵּעָשֶׂה; וְאֵין כָּל-חָדָשׁ תַּחַת הַשָּׁמֶשׁ"
Ex- Lieutenant Jason Sawyer (LSPD)

Rovan_White
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Rowan_White

Post by Rovan_White » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:01 am

Fully supporting, precision editing is needed.

Essence
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: That Main Bitch

Post by Essence » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:26 am

Although I see nothing wrong with this suggestion, the furniture system is fine how it is. Let's receive more feedback.

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ferdinand » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:29 am

Essence wrote:Although I see nothing wrong with this suggestion, the furniture system is fine how it is. Let's receive more feedback.

I'm not asking for a revamp of the furniture system, and it's not just fine, it's far from it. It's great.

But this little command (which, as I already pointed out, uses already present variables) would only make things a little bit more simple and precise for those of us that need it.

Liams
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Kayla Liams

Post by Liams » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:05 am

I'd like to be able to have a position command as well, setting a maximum Z axis to work as a floor.

Allison Hall
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Allison Hall » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 am

Yes, I'd love it if in addition to the standard SAMP movement system (which is horribly inaccurate, especially if the object has been scaled down) a system could be added using precise values! This would also be great for the player attachable objects.
Retired Tester • Amateur Modder • Videographer • Ex-Mayor • Civilian Roleplayer • GTAStuff.com

Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development
Ingame name: Lucas Foreman

Post by Mmartin » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:05 pm

Well, you can't really move the objects with 100% precision realistically/IRL can you? You can't move anything 90 degrees exactly, you can try but there will be offsets. It's possible with the moving tool, only takes more time, don't be lazy. After all, the more time it takes, the happier you're gonna be with the result.

Allison Hall
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Allison Hall » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:12 pm

Mmartin wrote:Well, you can't really move the objects with 100% precision realistically/IRL can you? You can't move anything 90 degrees exactly, you can try but there will be offsets. It's possible with the moving tool, only takes more time, don't be lazy. After all, the more time it takes, the happier you're gonna be with the result.

It's not really possible to get things to line up exactly with the moving tool. For example, if you want a counter to line up exactly with the top of a stove it's very very hard to get right, along with being frustrating.
Retired Tester • Amateur Modder • Videographer • Ex-Mayor • Civilian Roleplayer • GTAStuff.com

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ferdinand » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:12 pm

Mmartin wrote:Well, you can't really move the objects with 100% precision realistically/IRL can you?

Not with 100% precision, but definitely far better than with the current editor system.

It's not just thrown out randomly in the first photo, it took effort to try and get them aligned right but the current system just doesn't provide the means of doing so.

Daisuke_Niigata
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: DM

Post by Daisuke_Niigata » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:32 pm

I support this suggestion - it is truly frustrating having to align red mats in an effort to re-decorate your walls. With this system major mathematical patterns may be possible in LSRP.

Alonzo.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Alonzo. » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:38 am

Forwarded.

Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development
Ingame name: Lucas Foreman

Post by Mmartin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:32 pm

Definitely keeping this one for implementation.

Return to “Forwarded Suggestions”