Holding objects + labels

Moderators: Game Admins, LS:RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers

Forum rules
When in the Quick Suggestions thread, only post your own suggestions. Do not react to, discuss, or support other players' suggestions. Breach of this rule will result in a regular forum warning.

If you have a suggestion that requires input from more players and isn't just a quick and simple suggestion that doesn't need any elaborating, make a normal thread.
#YOLO
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Corey_Teller

Holding objects + labels

Post by #YOLO » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Hello guys, not sure if this was suggested before but I find those two things kind of Roleplay aiding.

First suggestion is regarding Holding Items/Objects and I got this idea while doing some passive roleplay, we should be able to use a command that will allow us to hold a visible object, example, I RP that I buy a cup of coffee, then I will use the object hold command and attach that object to my hand, this should not be limited by the object spaces in your inventory.
Probably it can be abused like any other feature, can't really think of a way to abuse it but meh, instead of just pasting the same /ame every few seconds for people to know that I hold a cup of coffee, I could actually hold the object and they could actually see it if paying attention not me taking their attention over me with an /ame.. There are alot of new objects in 0.3.7 that are small or that can be holdable objects in a hand and can also aid in alot of roleplay situations and bring a better experience for those involved.

Second suggestion is regarding text labels, there should be a command, something like /charinfo or /cinfo or something... the command will display a purple text above our head, not chat bubble 3dtext so we will still be able to use /ame, it will look something like this.
* text *
and we can for example use it to not spam the shit out of /do or /ame, probably alot of people will use it to describe their characters maybe this should be restricted, instead it should be used to describe things like injuries, if the play has been beaten up by someone or has been hit, or if he falls in water he can use it to describe that he is wet, it can be pretty usefull..

Sorry again if this has been posted before.

Justus
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Harry Bernard

Re: Holding objects + labels

Post by Justus » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:37 am

Regarding the first one it's easily abuse-able and requires no script to actually get the item, leading to powergaming.

Regarding labels it's really not needed, it would look really silly and there's already rightclick+y on a character, /examine and /attributes.
Justus
Game Administrator

🛠️Head of Mappers
đź’»Junior Developer
🤖Level 3 Administrator
đź‘®LSPD PIII

Daniel™
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Robert Visco

Re: Holding objects + labels

Post by Daniel™ » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:17 am

Justus wrote:Regarding the first one it's easily abuse-able and requires no script to actually get the item, leading to powergaming.

Regarding labels it's really not needed, it would look really silly and there's already rightclick+y on a character, /examine and /attributes.
I agree with Justus on this one but at the same time I would like to see players given the ability to hold more objects that can be obtained scriptwise. Add coffee cups to the donut shops for example and have them given to the player through the /eat command, also grant the ability to visibly hold objects that can be purchased through 24/7s. Hell, even adding more objects to the current clothing system would be great. Being able to physically hold objects that you're RPing with would definitely make RP on the server more immersive.
â–ş Robert Visco /\ Adam Matthews â—„
Retired Senior Forum Mod

Return to “General Suggestions”