Do not allow /exit when house/apt is locked.

Forum rules
When in the Quick Suggestions thread, only post your own suggestions. Do not react to, discuss, or support other players' suggestions. Breach of this rule will result in a regular forum warning.

If you have a suggestion that requires input from more players and isn't just a quick and simple suggestion that doesn't need any elaborating, make a normal thread.
Hu$tla
Certified Hustla
Certified Hustla
Ingame name: Memphis_Banks
Location: #hustla #pimp #kingpin #entrepreneur #monemayker #cashnigga #mullalover

Do not allow /exit when house/apt is locked.

Post by Hu$tla » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:17 pm

Simple and realistic suggestion.

Edit the script so people can't /exit when the house/apartment doors are /lock-ed.
It's just like when you're in a garage and when it's locked and when you try to /exit you get a message that the doors are locked. Make the same thing for houses/apartments.

GhostofShadows
Holder of Ws
Holder of Ws
Ingame name: Cholo_Ese

Re: Do not allow /exit when house/apt is locked.

Post by GhostofShadows » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:44 pm

Well, I'm a bit mixed on this idea.

Irl, there's some doors that allow you to simply open the door, walk out, close it, and not be able to open it on the other side. There's some doors that are locked from the outside and unlocked on the inside.
[16:35:50] (( PM from Jared_Landry (ID: 180): You aren't welcomed to roleplay anywhere near here. ))

[16:36:01] This user is blocking private messages from you.

6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: OHHHHHH MAH DAWWWG
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: ugh
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: what the fuck do you want bitch?
6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: whats good, CJ?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: cj?! the fuck?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: kill your fucking self bitch

Miles
- Silver Member -
- Silver Member -
Ingame name: R.Miles

Post by Miles » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:12 am

I can see it becoming a hassle. First is via trolling, people tell a new player to go somewhere with them, go out and lock them in. Secondly when the key holder loses connection or if they die (say if they want to do a hit on someone) then the door will remain locked until they OOCly arrive back despite any RP they do.

The only solution to those would be /q or asking an admin.

Highwire
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Demar_Bernstine

Post by Highwire » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:43 am

It isn't very difficult for someone to unlock a door and walk out of it. I don't support this.

Former LS:RP Tester | Former FocoTDM Lead Admin | Original Murdaville | HIGHWIRE

Hu$tla
Certified Hustla
Certified Hustla
Location: #hustla #pimp #kingpin #entrepreneur #monemayker #cashnigga #mullalover

Post by Hu$tla » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:10 pm

Highwire wrote:It isn't very difficult for someone to unlock a door and walk out of it. I don't support this.
Not every door can be unlocked from the inside without a key, and I think that almost every door in /furniture are the ones that can only be unlocked with a key, so without a key you can't unlock it.

Highwire
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Demar_Bernstine

Post by Highwire » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:14 pm

Hu$tla wrote:
Highwire wrote:It isn't very difficult for someone to unlock a door and walk out of it. I don't support this.
Not every door can be unlocked from the inside without a key, and I think that almost every door in /furniture are the ones that can only be unlocked with a key, so without a key you can't unlock it.
The majority of entrances to houses can. Nobody needs a key to lock their house from the inside, only the outside. This suggestion is not good for houses/apts, only warehouses, businesses, and other interiors with industrial entrances that would need extra security. If anything, you could make it so certain more expensive doors have the feature, for those looking for extra security. Though you brought up another cool suggestion: allow mapped doors (bedrooms, bathrooms, etc) to be able to be /locked.

Former LS:RP Tester | Former FocoTDM Lead Admin | Original Murdaville | HIGHWIRE

Hu$tla
Certified Hustla
Certified Hustla

Post by Hu$tla » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:21 pm

You don't get it. The mapped doors have the same lock from the inside and outside meaning that they can be locked/unlocked only with a key.
Highwire wrote:allow mapped doors (bedrooms, bathrooms, etc) to be able to be /locked.
This is already doable to the doors that don't have the swinging option, you can /lock them and when someone tries /door it don't open and you get a message that the doors are locked.

Dropper
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Dropper » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:09 am

I don't think anyone would be content with having their characters permanently locked in one's house. You can just tell the person that the door is locked, and if they bypass it without any actual roleplay, you can report them!
I'm gay for Iudex

Black Zeus
Pink Panther
Pink Panther

Post by Black Zeus » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:09 am

Miles wrote:I can see it becoming a hassle. First is via trolling, people tell a new player to go somewhere with them, go out and lock them in. Secondly when the key holder loses connection or if they die (say if they want to do a hit on someone) then the door will remain locked until they OOCly arrive back despite any RP they do.

The only solution to those would be /q or asking an admin.
For these reasons, I disagree with this suggestion.

If you really want to keep people locked in for whatever reason, get them behind a locked /furniture door.
COGITO ERGO SUM

Return to “General Suggestions”