Taser effects

Forum rules
When in the Quick Suggestions thread, only post your own suggestions. Do not react to, discuss, or support other players' suggestions. Breach of this rule will result in a regular forum warning.

If you have a suggestion that requires input from more players and isn't just a quick and simple suggestion that doesn't need any elaborating, make a normal thread.
User avatar
FlowN
Almost Human
Almost Human
Posts: 1170
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:56 pm
Ingame name: Daniel Holt
Location: Romania
Contact:

Taser effects

Post by FlowN » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:04 pm

It's really stupid how people roleplay the taser's effects right now. Some people don't roleplay at all, some roleplay the efects "fading off" after a few seconds and some roleplay dying and whatever. That's not just unrealistic, but ridiculous.

I suggest the following:
  • Whenever you get tased, you will recieve a message like: "10,000 Volts passed through your body. You will not be able to move properly, your muscles will be tensed ..." and a list of effects (you can find them on Google). Most people don't roleplay properly because they don't know what the effects are, and it's normal since it's pretty weird to know how a taser feels IRL.
  • Make the anim time longer (1-2 minutes) and make it so you can move the camera while being in the anim, but not possible to exit the anim.
SENATOR DANIEL BRIAN HOLT - CREATING CHANGE | THE SAN ANDREAS REPUBLICAN PARTY
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT | COMMUNITY THREAD

User avatar
SESHOLLOWATERBOYZ
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1114
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:42 am

Re: Taser effects

Post by SESHOLLOWATERBOYZ » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:14 pm

make the anim /frontfall by default, /flip is silly

User avatar
GhostofShadows
Holder of Ws
Holder of Ws
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:08 am
Ingame name: Cholo_Ese
Location: New York City in United States of America.

Re: Taser effects

Post by GhostofShadows » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Supporting. I'd like to see this.
[16:35:50] (( PM from Jared_Landry (ID: 180): You aren't welcomed to roleplay anywhere near here. ))

[16:36:01] This user is blocking private messages from you.

6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: OHHHHHH MAH DAWWWG
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: ugh
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: what the fuck do you want bitch?
6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: whats good, CJ?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: cj?! the fuck?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: kill your fucking self bitch

User avatar
sandwich_seeker
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:57 am
Ingame name: Mark_Hale
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Re: Taser effects

Post by sandwich_seeker » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:58 am

I'm fairly certain an automated message already pops up after you've been tased stating the effects. But something needs to change to prevent further abuse.
Police Officer III Michael Durant
Nathan Murray (Retired SASD Corporal and Police Officer II)
Mark Hale (Ex RRC Leader)

Image

User avatar
WhiteShadow
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 12:41 am
Ingame name: Alexander_Darnell
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA

Re: Taser effects

Post by WhiteShadow » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Deli wrote:make the anim /frontfall by default, /flip is silly
That sounds like a great idea.

As for the message that pops up, it already does that when you get tased. Some people just ignore it though and I don't think the effects should be that much longer. Maybe like 30 seconds instead of 10 (which I think it's at now).
WhiteShadow

Alexander Darnell - Retired Police Captain I
Jay Norman - Retired Master Thief
Ex-Senior Forum Moderator
Image Ex-Head of Other Games Mods

Image
Retired from the LS:RP Staff Team
Left the Server/Community
"No matter how hard you try at doing the right thing or the good thing you’ll always end up with people hating you for a stupid reason."

User avatar
Augen
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:08 pm

Re: Taser effects

Post by Augen » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:52 pm

WhiteShadow wrote:
Deli wrote:make the anim /frontfall by default, /flip is silly
That sounds like a great idea.

As for the message that pops up, it already does that when you get tased. Some people just ignore it though and I don't think the effects should be that much longer. Maybe like 30 seconds instead of 10 (which I think it's at now).

I agree with making the taser effect last 30 seconds, and the animation being /frontfall instead of /flip.

User avatar
BlueX
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Taser effects

Post by BlueX » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Overall, everyone should be aware of how the taser works.



I agree with this suggestion, 30 seconds is not enough and a better "description" on what happened to you should be given.
Image

User avatar
Farrell
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:00 pm

Re: Taser effects

Post by Farrell » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:02 pm

Though I agree with making the anim longer so that people are somewhat forced to roleplay it, it shouldn't be like that. On top of that, it has a negative effect on those who're actively RPing on a heavy type of drug, those who won't necessarily feel it.
Take this video and the amount of times the guy's been tased as an example of what I'm on about.

User avatar
Keny
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Posts: 5168
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Re: Taser effects

Post by Keny » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:34 pm

There are people with bad heart condition who would die from the taser effect, so it's not impossible to RP dying tho.

User avatar
sandwich_seeker
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:57 am
Ingame name: Mark_Hale
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Re: Taser effects

Post by sandwich_seeker » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Farrell wrote:Though I agree with making the anim longer so that people are somewhat forced to roleplay it, it shouldn't be like that. On top of that, it has a negative effect on those who're actively RPing on a heavy type of drug, those who won't necessarily feel it.
Take this video and the amount of times the guy's been tased as an example of what I'm on about.
But we are limited to a game. In real life a police officer can tackle a suspect to the ground. We can't because we have to stop and type it out and by that time the suspect is gone and out of /me range or never bothers to rp. This suggestion won't change much it will only stop people who just /sa and take off again.
Police Officer III Michael Durant
Nathan Murray (Retired SASD Corporal and Police Officer II)
Mark Hale (Ex RRC Leader)

Image

User avatar
Farrell
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:00 pm

Re: Taser effects

Post by Farrell » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:52 pm

sandwich_seeker wrote:
Farrell wrote:Though I agree with making the anim longer so that people are somewhat forced to roleplay it, it shouldn't be like that. On top of that, it has a negative effect on those who're actively RPing on a heavy type of drug, those who won't necessarily feel it.
Take this video and the amount of times the guy's been tased as an example of what I'm on about.
But we are limited to a game. In real life a police officer can tackle a suspect to the ground. We can't because we have to stop and type it out and by that time the suspect is gone and out of /me range or never bothers to rp. This suggestion won't change much it will only stop people who just /sa and take off again.
And you can't force them to be down for several minutes, especially if they're roleplaying something otherwise. And there's a simple fix for what you're bringing up there. /report or forum report.

User avatar
BlueX
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Taser effects

Post by BlueX » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:59 pm

Farrell wrote:Though I agree with making the anim longer so that people are somewhat forced to roleplay it, it shouldn't be like that. On top of that, it has a negative effect on those who're actively RPing on a heavy type of drug, those who won't necessarily feel it.
Take this video and the amount of times the guy's been tased as an example of what I'm on about.
I agree with this also. So perhaps you could use the drug system with the taser, this means that if the player recently used a drug the taser effect should be less for a specific drug, etc.. etc.
Keny wrote:There are people with bad heart condition who would die from the taser effect, so it's not impossible to RP dying tho.
I would agree with this also, if you check the video that I posted, taser is considered a less-lethal weapon, hence why you shouldn't be deploying taser on someone's chest. However, the problem with LS-RP is that everyone will just remember to roleplay a heart disease out of nowhere, which is sad.
Image

User avatar
TeoTheGod
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:49 am

Re: Taser effects

Post by TeoTheGod » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:58 pm

Let's just be honest here, majority of cops use the taser to robocop, and think that the taser will stop any individual from moving any further. If you are tased, you can't even roleplay moving your foot after 30 seconds of being tased that they call it Powergame. As shown in videos above, it's an eletric weapon meaning it's not perfect, and doesn't work to full potential, I've also seen Officers tase people from crazy distances, and tazing people off bikes or trough windows, this is just unrealistic, just like the case of the '' Suicide '' Where cops drive into you with their vehicle head on collision to stop you, or simply turn their car to the side infront of you, making you hit their side (( In real life it would cause the cruiser to flip, and could potentially kill the officer )) which I think is very unrealistic.

Another thing is cops also tazing children for the little of the things. Cops resort to tasers on EVERY situation, they don't dare do a /me running up to you, and tackle you, they just rather taze you, and it's over done with, this makes things harder for criminals, and causes tension between both parties during roleplay, and of course the guy who got tazed, knows that it's over with because if he tries to move any further he'll just get ajailed.

Now I'm not saying every cop does this, I've seen some cops tackle people, and treating children different then adults, what I mentioned above is just atleast 60% of the PD / SD population.
'' I just want it all, cuz I never had it before... ''


Fuck these niggas I ain' playin no games witchuu


My characters:
[spoiler]Caledon Shaw [Alive]
[/spoiler]

Image

User avatar
BlueX
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -
Posts: 518
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Taser effects

Post by BlueX » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:53 am

TeoTheGod wrote:Let's just be honest here, majority of cops use the taser to robocop, and think that the taser will stop any individual from moving any further. If you are tased, you can't even roleplay moving your foot after 30 seconds of being tased that they call it Powergame. As shown in videos above, it's an eletric weapon meaning it's not perfect, and doesn't work to full potential, I've also seen Officers tase people from crazy distances, and tazing people off bikes or trough windows, this is just unrealistic, just like the case of the '' Suicide '' Where cops drive into you with their vehicle head on collision to stop you, or simply turn their car to the side infront of you, making you hit their side (( In real life it would cause the cruiser to flip, and could potentially kill the officer )) which I think is very unrealistic.
I understand your point of view, but trust me if you give a player a way to escape something they'll try to exploit it, the reason why players are freezed it's to prevent that. I know and I've seen multiple times tasers not working in real life, but again, if you give that in LS-RP most of the players will abuse it, ending up in an admin scene which is something we don't want.

Also tasing a person in a bike and cars does happen in real life,



In this video you can see two things, cops deploying the taser and the taser not being effective. On LS-RP we don't deploy the taser through windows, we break them, however, if you ever seen that happening I suggest you to report that player because it's powergame.

I also agree on the last point of the suicide cops, I've been there too and it's annoying when it happens, however, you should be blaming the player and not the cop like you said down there and I appreciate it.
TeoTheGod wrote: Another thing is cops also tazing children for the little of the things. Cops resort to tasers on EVERY situation, they don't dare do a /me running up to you, and tackle you, they just rather taze you, and it's over done with, this makes things harder for criminals, and causes tension between both parties during roleplay, and of course the guy who got tazed, knows that it's over with because if he tries to move any further he'll just get ajailed.
I usually try to take into consideration the childer situation, however, most of the time you only know that they're a after the taser was deployed. What I say is that a cop does /taser, shots at him and then the other player does /ame is a kid, this is what I was talking about, people try to exploit things.

If a person does the propper roleplay and shows me that they're actually roleplaying a kid before my taser was deployed I'll take that into consideration and roleplay in another way because what you said it's true, however, it can't work the way I said. You can't just remember you're a kid after the taser was deployed on you.
TeoTheGod wrote: Now I'm not saying every cop does this, I've seen some cops tackle people, and treating children different then adults, what I mentioned above is just atleast 60% of the PD / SD population.
I appreaciate your criticism and it's important that everyone gets a feedback, it's also important to know that everyone is not equal and some break the rules and others play the game differently, etc.. etc. In my opinion I would suggest you to report players in the forums if they break any type of rules and report them to the SASD/LSPD Faction.
Image

User avatar
TeoTheGod
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:49 am

Re: Taser effects

Post by TeoTheGod » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:59 pm

BlueX wrote:
TeoTheGod wrote:Let's just be honest here, majority of cops use the taser to robocop, and think that the taser will stop any individual from moving any further. If you are tased, you can't even roleplay moving your foot after 30 seconds of being tased that they call it Powergame. As shown in videos above, it's an eletric weapon meaning it's not perfect, and doesn't work to full potential, I've also seen Officers tase people from crazy distances, and tazing people off bikes or trough windows, this is just unrealistic, just like the case of the '' Suicide '' Where cops drive into you with their vehicle head on collision to stop you, or simply turn their car to the side infront of you, making you hit their side (( In real life it would cause the cruiser to flip, and could potentially kill the officer )) which I think is very unrealistic.
I understand your point of view, but trust me if you give a player a way to escape something they'll try to exploit it, the reason why players are freezed it's to prevent that. I know and I've seen multiple times tasers not working in real life, but again, if you give that in LS-RP most of the players will abuse it, ending up in an admin scene which is something we don't want.

Also tasing a person in a bike and cars does happen in real life,



In this video you can see two things, cops deploying the taser and the taser not being effective. On LS-RP we don't deploy the taser through windows, we break them, however, if you ever seen that happening I suggest you to report that player because it's powergame.

I also agree on the last point of the suicide cops, I've been there too and it's annoying when it happens, however, you should be blaming the player and not the cop like you said down there and I appreciate it.
TeoTheGod wrote: Another thing is cops also tazing children for the little of the things. Cops resort to tasers on EVERY situation, they don't dare do a /me running up to you, and tackle you, they just rather taze you, and it's over done with, this makes things harder for criminals, and causes tension between both parties during roleplay, and of course the guy who got tazed, knows that it's over with because if he tries to move any further he'll just get ajailed.
I usually try to take into consideration the childer situation, however, most of the time you only know that they're a after the taser was deployed. What I say is that a cop does /taser, shots at him and then the other player does /ame is a kid, this is what I was talking about, people try to exploit things.

If a person does the propper roleplay and shows me that they're actually roleplaying a kid before my taser was deployed I'll take that into consideration and roleplay in another way because what you said it's true, however, it can't work the way I said. You can't just remember you're a kid after the taser was deployed on you.
TeoTheGod wrote: Now I'm not saying every cop does this, I've seen some cops tackle people, and treating children different then adults, what I mentioned above is just atleast 60% of the PD / SD population.
I appreaciate your criticism and it's important that everyone gets a feedback, it's also important to know that everyone is not equal and some break the rules and others play the game differently, etc.. etc. In my opinion I would suggest you to report players in the forums if they break any type of rules and report them to the SASD/LSPD Faction.
I appreciate your explanation, and that you weren't defensive, and explained everything to me. I will be sure to report it when I see that type of stuff happening, thanks for the positive feedback.
'' I just want it all, cuz I never had it before... ''


Fuck these niggas I ain' playin no games witchuu


My characters:
[spoiler]Caledon Shaw [Alive]
[/spoiler]

Image

Locked

Return to “General Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest