Hunger Meter

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers

Forum rules
When in the Quick Suggestions thread, only post your own suggestions. Do not react to, discuss, or support other players' suggestions. Breach of this rule will result in a regular forum warning.

If you have a suggestion that requires input from more players and isn't just a quick and simple suggestion that doesn't need any elaborating, make a normal thread.
Monty
LS:RP Tester

Hunger Meter

Post by Monty » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:42 pm

Not sure if this needs much explanation, but was we all are familiar with, there is a health meter, so after we get shot, punched, stabbed, or even nothing, we can simply type in /stats and see what our health is on. We also know that the longer we are online even if you aren't touched, you can be effected critically by being hungry. In personal opinion, it would be pretty cool to know exactly how hungry you are or where your hunger is by typing in /stats just as you can see your health.
Thoughts on this?
Keyvonte "Key" Pettis

Jeezah
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Hunger Meter

Post by Jeezah » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Yeah, I agree.

Skeewy
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: The Bear

Post by Skeewy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:41 pm

I saw something like this on dayz mod for samp, so its quite intresting, I like this, its a good ideea.
" I respect y'all i think i deserve some respect back right. "
Past Characters: show
Jdey Dudley - The Road Slayers MC
Bjorn Yevseyev - Tsaryovskaya OPG

AnselmiX3
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Terence Fowler

Post by AnselmiX3 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:06 pm

I think they should just get rid of the concept of 'hunger' all together. It doesn't do anything for the server and doesn't promote role play. It literally hinders role play if anything; "1 sec guys, staving to death. Gotta head to the fast food joint".

According to LS-RP, the only place you can acquire edible food is a fast food restaurant. Along side there, there's no such thing as thirst. It makes no sense to have this 'hunger system' in place when it doesn't function properly or as intended. It was intended to promote role play, but only ended up hindering it.

The whole system either needs removing, or overhauling.

Cranlet
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Post by Cranlet » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Most people don't even know there's a hunger system and wonder why they lose health randomly. A simple meter would fix this greatly.

Tsarina
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: GOVERNMENT HOOKER

Post by Tsarina » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:16 pm

AnselmiX3 wrote:I think they should just get rid of the concept of 'hunger' all together. It doesn't do anything for the server and doesn't promote role play. It literally hinders role play if anything; "1 sec guys, staving to death. Gotta head to the fast food joint".

According to LS-RP, the only place you can acquire edible food is a fast food restaurant. Along side there, there's no such thing as thirst. It makes no sense to have this 'hunger system' in place when it doesn't function properly or as intended. It was intended to promote role play, but only ended up hindering it.

Agreed. It's annoying, pointless and serves as an inconvinience more than anything.

Monty

Post by Monty » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:33 pm

So in a sense, from the mixed reviews, it's either asking to remove it or add the meter, and sense it added realism to the server for a player to actually be hungry instead of just going to restaurants only when someone has been beat up or shot, a meter would be the best thing. Also, if you add into place things like drugs, certain drugs make you hungry (I don't feel like I need to say the names of which), but drugs make you hungry and certain hard drugs affect your metabolism, so you can see how the effects of using drugs and what not would increase your hunger. And you can factor how hungry you are by how much health you are losing at whatever interval.
Keyvonte "Key" Pettis

GhostofShadows
Holder of Ws
Holder of Ws
Ingame name: Cholo_Ese

Post by GhostofShadows » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:29 pm

Agreeing with adding a meter.
[16:35:50] (( PM from Jared_Landry (ID: 180): You aren't welcomed to roleplay anywhere near here. ))

[16:36:01] This user is blocking private messages from you.

6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: OHHHHHH MAH DAWWWG
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: ugh
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: what the fuck do you want bitch?
6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: whats good, CJ?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: cj?! the fuck?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: kill your fucking self bitch

Neaksy
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Nadzkova

Post by Neaksy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:14 am

A similar suggestion was denied.

I believe the hunger system should stay but it should stop removing health below 10 hp as it can happen that you die unexpectedly because you were beaten up, you're roleplaying injuries but hunger goes down suddenly and poof, dead. I'm not supporting adding a meter though.

david78999
Gangster
Gangster

Post by david78999 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:04 pm

AnselmiX3 wrote:I think they should just get rid of the concept of 'hunger' all together. It doesn't do anything for the server and doesn't promote role play. It literally hinders role play if anything; "1 sec guys, staving to death. Gotta head to the fast food joint".

I agree with this.

Shack
Game Administrator
Game Administrator

Post by Shack » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:49 pm

How else are restaurants/fast food joints going to make money? People get hungry in real life, they either buy stuff from a grocery story and cook it them selves or they go to a restaurant/fast food place and eat. I don't suggest we remove the entire hunger system, but I do think we should have some type of update with it. There's only so much you can do with a hunger system. I doubt a hunger meter will be put in place.
inactive for a little

Varsatorul
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Varsatorul » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:10 pm

I agree, a simple /hunger command that says something along the lines of "You could use a snack", "You're feeling full", "You are malnourished" would be great. Also something like "Hunger: 65/100" in /stats wouldn't hurt either.
WWW.VARSATORUL.NET
MODDING SHOWROOM

Monty

Post by Monty » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:03 pm

All I'm suggesting is that we get a status of where we are so we can know how hungry we are.
Keyvonte "Key" Pettis

stan1ey
Mafia
Mafia

Post by stan1ey » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:07 pm

I agree, just remove it

SamanthaLSRP
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Samantha_Love

Post by SamanthaLSRP » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:20 pm

+1.
I don't see something good with this hunger bar, just players /b sec here, g2g eat.... :S

Return to “General Suggestions”