Fuel prices should go up and fuel should be consumed faster!

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers

Forum rules
When in the Quick Suggestions thread, only post your own suggestions. Do not react to, discuss, or support other players' suggestions. Breach of this rule will result in a regular forum warning.

If you have a suggestion that requires input from more players and isn't just a quick and simple suggestion that doesn't need any elaborating, make a normal thread.
Hu$tla
Certified Hustla
Certified Hustla
Ingame name: Memphis_Banks
Location: #hustla #pimp #kingpin #entrepreneur #monemayker #cashnigga #mullalover

Post by Hu$tla » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:42 am

Quick and simple suggestion:

Why?
It's too cheap, it lasts for too long.
It doesn't affect player's budget at all. The poorest people ICly don't care at all about the fuel because it's like a free thing which in real life is not and it's cost reflects the economy worldwide, so not everyone can not care about the fuel and it's prices which should also happen IG.

IG you pay 500$ for a meal in Pizza stack and for around 500$ you fill your fuel tank and with that one fill you can drive around whole country like 5 or 10 times? Where is realism and balance here? Since we are a role play server, I think that this needs to be changed so the things be a bit more realistic.

The fuel prices need to go up and fuel in cars should be consumed faster, so people would care about their fuel and would stop acting and forgetting about it like it doesn't even exist on the server.

This would also make mechanics more active, when people run out of fuel when they are not monitoring it, so they will call a mechanic.
The gas stations would profit more and the supply and demand for the fuel would raise, which would create more activity around the gas stations and truckers job.

The only people who wouldn't agree with this would be the same people that are too lazy to be bothered to refuel their cars IG because this way it would require them to do it more often.

EDIT: And all faction cars should consume fuel too and the faction members should have the permission to fill them.
Last edited by Hu$tla on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memphis Banks - "Life of a Hustla"
"You chase the hoes, I chase the paper, you're a sucka fo' love nigga, I'm a moneymaker!"
[Guide] How to roleplay a Hu$tla![Guide] All animations commands with animated gifs!

♫ Str8 Hu$tle Records ♫

Phenomz
GNAG
GNAG
Ingame name: Jack McCurdy

Re: Fuel prices should go up and fuel should be consumed fas

Post by Phenomz » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Yes and faction cars should consume fuel too.
McCurdy Accessories
Jack McCurdy: show

Jeremy_Holden
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Jeremy_Holden » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:14 pm

Phenomz wrote:Yes and faction cars should consume fuel too.
Totally agree with the faction cars consuming fuel, not sure why that hasn't already been implemented.

Skeewy
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: The Bear

Post by Skeewy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:24 pm

I wonder if players who started /savings will agree this, maybe they doesnt have much money in "pocket" and i dont think they would like to pay 3-4k for fuel. Because thats its a real price for fuel if you compare the food with it. And btw i saw a difference between sabre and my towtruck, if the price for a normal car gonna be like 3-4k, what about Roadtrain? 20k...

I may be exaggerating but think about players who started savings and they collect the paychecks.. they gonna spend it only on fuel.

He is right with the faction vechicles, they should consume too.
" I respect y'all i think i deserve some respect back right. "
Past Characters: show
Jdey Dudley - The Road Slayers MC
Bjorn Yevseyev - Tsaryovskaya OPG

Hu$tla
Certified Hustla
Certified Hustla
Location: #hustla #pimp #kingpin #entrepreneur #monemayker #cashnigga #mullalover

Post by Hu$tla » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:50 pm

Skeewy wrote:I wonder if players who started /savings will agree this, maybe they doesnt have much money in "pocket" and i dont think they would like to pay 3-4k for fuel. Because thats its a real price for fuel if you compare the food with it.
Well, we'll have to find a proper amount for the price. Maybe 1k - 2k should last for like 1 hour of driving in a car or something like that.
I may be exaggerating but think about players who started savings and they collect the paychecks.. they gonna spend it only on fuel.
And note that people don't spend all of their in game time driving a car. So they should be able to earn much more money than the amount that they spend on fuel. If they can't make money to cover 2k -4k for fuel per day than they must be doing something wrong. Players should rely only on mech paychecks and their savings as their only income, they're supposed to make money in some other way.

If you spend all your IG time driving in a car and doing nothing, than it would be normal that you would be losing money faster, same like irl it costs a lot to drive around whole day.
what about Roadtrain? 20k...
It should cost more than the normal cars as they consume more fuel and they are used to make money, so it's logical, but I doubt that it will hit 20k.
He is right with the faction vechicles, they should consume too.
Agreed.
"You chase the hoes, I chase the paper, you're a sucka fo' love nigga, I'm a moneymaker!"
[Guide] How to roleplay a Hu$tla![Guide] All animations commands with animated gifs!

♫ Str8 Hu$tle Records ♫

Neaksy
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Nadzkova

Post by Neaksy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:24 pm

Phenomz wrote:Yes and faction cars should consume fuel too.
Agreeeed, I don't get why it's not a thing to begin with.

Though I'm not sure if fuel prices should go up; look. The economy is already messed up as is right now. Why not try to fix it instead of leveling all the costs up and ruining more? That's the issue I have with suggestions about raising prices to even more unrealistic ones. If people want to roleplay being poor and not being able to refill their car, that's on them. But making it $2,000 won't change a thing: people buy cars worth hundreds of thousands sometimes, everyone's got the mechanic job which is $1,250 an hour and don't get me wrong this should be removed as well but the current way the economy works, doubling the prices wouldn't change much.

I will not support this suggestion - besides faction vehicles consuming fuel - because the economy itself needs a major overhaul, and raising the prices for things that provide little to zero roleplay to begin with (people just go to the gas station, do /fill without any roleplay involved) will not make a difference; it's not a solution.

Hu$tla
Certified Hustla
Certified Hustla

Post by Hu$tla » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:47 pm

And you did not read the whole suggestion.

Fuel should be consumed faster - adding more realism to it than it is now, as now with a full tank(on which you spend a lousy 300$ or so) you can go around whole San Andreas for like 5 or 10 times which is quite unrealistic thing to do isn't it?

♫ Str8 Hu$tle Records ♫

Neaksy
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Nadzkova

Post by Neaksy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:58 pm

Hu$tla wrote:Fuel should be consumed faster - adding more realism to it than it is now, as now with a full tank(on which you spend a lousy 300$ or so) you can go around whole San Andreas for like 5 or 10 times which is quite unrealistic thing to do isn't it?
Fuel should be consumed faster indeed but prices shouldn't go up - since faster fuel consumption already means paying for fuel more often anyway. I do agree with this, but I don't agree with the rest of the suggestion which is that fuel prices should go up. To come back to the idea of fuel being consumed faster, it does make sense: you don't go to the gas station IG nearly as often as you do IRL; especially a huge state like SA and people just being able to drive all around it and still having enough fuel for 50 more laps if not even more depending on the vehicle.

DumbyDaSexy
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Donnie Bradshaw

Post by DumbyDaSexy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:35 pm

I agree that the system should get a re-work, probably about 1,000$ but nothing above that.. and it should consume way faster so it becomes more RLish. The economy is way broken as it is. We don't need to make it worst.

Tsarina
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: GOVERNMENT HOOKER

Post by Tsarina » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:59 pm

As I've said on another suggestion that revolves around revamping the economy, this is the issue. The economy in general is in need of a revamp AKA it should be more challenging to earn money instead of making it all too easy to get into the millions, which in turn will make LS' currency worth more. With this will be a slight inflation of the price of things such as fuel in order to balance the economy out and not have things super cheap with too much excess cash to spend, although not exactly on the other extreme; things too expensive and it being too hard to earn money - a happy medium which promotes realism and a sense of achievement.

GhostofShadows
Holder of Ws
Holder of Ws
Ingame name: Cholo_Ese

Post by GhostofShadows » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:18 am

Disagree. People don't respond to mechanic calls very much as it is because not everyone is willing to RP as one, so it'll be annoying. Also, it would drain your cash very quickly if it needs constant refuel at a higher price. Just don't think it's necessary and the current system is good enough. Don't fix what isn't broken.
[16:35:50] (( PM from Jared_Landry (ID: 180): You aren't welcomed to roleplay anywhere near here. ))

[16:36:01] This user is blocking private messages from you.

6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: OHHHHHH MAH DAWWWG
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: ugh
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: what the fuck do you want bitch?
6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: whats good, CJ?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: cj?! the fuck?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: kill your fucking self bitch

Hu$tla
Certified Hustla
Certified Hustla

Post by Hu$tla » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:59 am

GhostofShadows wrote:Don't fix what isn't broken.
Tell me why it isn't broken.
Is it realistic? No.
Does it even affect the poorest characters' budget? No.
Does anyone's character care about the fuel like they care irl? No.
Fuel is something that currently is ignored by 99% of the players, nobody cares about it's prices, nobody knows that it even exist until they refuel they car like once in two weeks. With this current situation it's like it almost doesn't exist and it's like free which irl is MUCH more different. So why not just remove it than when nobody cares about it?
It's broken, this is RP server, people should care more about the fuel and it shouldn't be something that is cheap and that lasts for too long for that money, it needs to be more realistic.
And I wouldn't call it fixing, it sounds more like improving the current script to portray the realism a bit more.

♫ Str8 Hu$tle Records ♫

Return to “General Suggestions”