Medical Insurance in Hospitals!

Forum rules
When in the Quick Suggestions thread, only post your own suggestions. Do not react to, discuss, or support other players' suggestions. Breach of this rule will result in a regular forum warning.

If you have a suggestion that requires input from more players and isn't just a quick and simple suggestion that doesn't need any elaborating, make a normal thread.
roleplayer3
Civilian
Civilian

Medical Insurance in Hospitals!

Post by roleplayer3 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:32 pm

Already so guys we all know LSRP is one of the most realistic English roleplay servers out there on SAMP, but something just isn't right in my own personal opinion. I think that there should be an Insurance option in the hospitals in the game instead of having to pay 500$ for medical coverage after you die each time. This idea came to my head as in real life people actually do have many options in acquiring medical insurances in hospitals instead of having to pay a huge bill when they are exposed to any injuries or harm to their health. This can be added to the script with a medical insurance of a fair price that would be
chosen by whoever is in control of that, and each paycheck under the tax, it would show for example:

" Medical Insurance: 1000$ "

I think this is a good suggestion that came into my mind and would increase the scent for roleplaying experience in my own personal opinion. What do you guys think?

Neaksy
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Weissberg

Re: Medical Insurance in Hospitals!

Post by Neaksy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:04 am

The whole economy and tax system needs to be revamped, but this is definitely a good idea. This is the United States, there's no such thing as free healthcare, yet people still roleplay it as such because prices are so low, and it makes no sense. It would be a good start to scripting a fluid and dynamic economy where taxes and insurances go to a global bank which then distributes the money back to people accordingly through paychecks and such (which is how the economy and inflation would be fixed).

GhostofShadows
Holder of Ws
Holder of Ws
Ingame name: Cholo_Ese

Post by GhostofShadows » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:56 pm

Agreed. I was myself wondering why this type of thing isn't included in the server. Even light roleplay servers have medical insurance in hospital each time you die. I would love to see this in the game.
[16:35:50] (( PM from Jared_Landry (ID: 180): You aren't welcomed to roleplay anywhere near here. ))

[16:36:01] This user is blocking private messages from you.

6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: OHHHHHH MAH DAWWWG
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: ugh
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: what the fuck do you want bitch?
6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: whats good, CJ?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: cj?! the fuck?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: kill your fucking self bitch

Marauder
Game Administrator

Post by Marauder » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:13 pm

Health care in SA is free, presently.
Marauder Head of Events
Head of Media/News Team Level 2 Admin
Faction Management • State Assembly
Marissa Hazeldine
#SometimesI'mAlsoALawyer

Unavailable in game until Monday October 2nd. Will be periodically checking forums when possible.

Tsarina
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: GOVERNMENT HOOKER

Post by Tsarina » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:03 pm

Sarcasmohjoy wrote:Health care in SA is free, presently.
The general law states that SA healthcare is free, as Sarcasm said, and many people roleplay it as such. The only payment deducted for injuries/medical care is from /heal, which is at the FD member's discretion (we can charge you how much we want, but most people tend to charge 0-$1) which isn't necessarily roleplayed. It would be nice to see if the law was to change, though.

Neaksy
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Post by Neaksy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Which is unrealistic because IRL there is no such thing as a free healthcare system, let alone any US state where healthcare works differently than the current one which works the same on a national level. I do understand this is a game and SA works differently but this is nowhere near probable, realistic and coherent. Making pricey healthcare an actual thing on LS-RP would allow for more (realistic) roleplay around it, people who can't afford would deny medical assistance due to financial problems. (If anything it could potentially decrease the amount of people who just see FD as a /heal drive-thru and don't roleplay the consequences of having to pay thousands of healthcare due to their treatment, and taxes.) I don't believe one second a state whose economy is so inflated would allow for a free healthcare system to prevail, when it would make so much money in taxes.

Tsarina
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: GOVERNMENT HOOKER

Post by Tsarina » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Although the UK's healthcare (the NHS) is frequently referred to as ''free'', it's essentially paid for via taxes (eventhough LS is essentially in the USA, where healthcare isn't free). Prescriptions are also not free for people who are over 18, aren't students or receiving a benefit of some sort. Inserting a deduction of money for hospital treatment via the paycheck system (where tax and rent deductions are shown) could work if the general rule of LSRP's free healthcare was to change.

Meron
Ass Dropper
Ass Dropper

Post by Meron » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:19 pm

All hospitals around the map are pretty much general and not private and hence they are free and paid by the government. That's why you don't see medical staff charging people thousands for those fancy operations and other services they offer.

However, if you're talking about a scriptwise system for lower death fees upon getting brutally wounded, then that might work. But poorly since the actual system will go bankrupt with people getting BW'd each 5 seconds.
"Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever".

Imperium
- Silver Member -
- Silver Member -
Ingame name: Sophie Thyne

Post by Imperium » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:29 pm

From an IC point of view, healthcare is free in San Andreas:
The State shall have all medical services and offerings provided to the public at no direct cost or charge. The State shall be subsequently exempt from medical damages resulting from no-cost care.
(The Constitution of San Andreas, Article 1, Section V, subsection 5)
To have to pay for medical services without insurance would not only affect death bills, but also spread into the courts and possibly the senate.

I like the idea though, it might be interesting to see the FD brought before the court for medical malpractice (currently this can't happen as shown in the above quote)
IMPERIUM

Deputy Attorney General Sophie Thyne
San Andreas Department of Justice
26 June 2016 — PRESENT

JOIN THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE DISCORD SERVER
https://discord.gg/99PJUC3

AnselmiX3
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by AnselmiX3 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:38 pm

I reckon we should have some sort of medical bill and stop encouraging the synthesising of cash from thin air. The economy is already fucked and is presently getting worse. That's just one reason, next to the fact that it's realistic to be crippled by medical bills without insurance.

knppel_alt
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Totally_Not_Carry

Post by knppel_alt » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:47 pm

One crucial thing: If we implement an actual market for healthcare, we'd also need competition for the FD- the setting that they have to treat everyone and for free comes not for an ic reason, but due to them having script-wise access to heal wounded people, something other's cant.

I personally would find the idea amazing, ASGH and County Hospital always fighting for patients (because they bring money), ambulances speeding to secure the load first before the competition can come treat them... :lol:

The current monopoly setting kind of disables some FD members I know of creating a lasting motivation, since treating people, in this context, simply gets reduced to a duty that you mechanically have to do.

Where's the funny scenes where we leave it to the professionals and people learn very valuable lessons, eh? :wink:

AnselmiX3
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by AnselmiX3 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:55 pm

Last I heard we were meant to be getting a new side-job called 'paramedic', which allows independent people to take on the medical role without being a member of FD. What happened to that? There's already a license to practice medicine in place, so where are the abilities and equal opportunity to actually do it?

Neaksy
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Post by Neaksy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Arkady Krushenko wrote:From an IC point of view, healthcare is free in San Andreas:
The State shall have all medical services and offerings provided to the public at no direct cost or charge. The State shall be subsequently exempt from medical damages resulting from no-cost care.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe this is the case. The law would suggest free healthcare if direct was removed. But that word makes all the difference. Direct costs are specific to something in particular, to charges that can be traced to a product or event in particular (like /heal, death bills), while indirect costs can be insurance, taxes and bills (in which your money is taken out despite you not having done anything in particular to end up having that money taken away, for no specific reason). So healthcare is not to be charged directly, but it is allowed to indirectly charge for people's healthcare - basically through taxes, which this law exempts by this silly wording.

Due to the current script, all the costs are direct and spontaneous to begin with (so the law is being broken continuously because of the script). Whereas indirect costs (which are still allowed by this law) are not in place. You never pay for medical bills unless you die. You never pay for medical care until we, FD, heal you after the roleplayed operation. All of those charges are direct because they only happen for specific reasons and spontaneously, which are portrayed by the script commands which take your money only once and directly from you. This law actually does not say healthcare is free, but it does suggest there is an universal healthcare system, which is different.

Either way the United States is still one of the only countries which do not benefit from universal healthcare (as shown in the above map), so it should be roleplayed as such. San Andreas is part of the USA, which still in 2017 is one of the countries not benefiting from such healthcare. Yes, laws are different in SA compared to the rest of the country but in my opinion those differences only exist to create more roleplay (like gun laws). Free healthcare, however, decreases the amount of RP around real-life issues related to healthcare. Things like Obamacare being roleplayed and portrayed more often by scripts and an actual realistic tax system based on real-life would be a good addition (because of the aforementioned reasons, but also because of the points posts above that agree on the matter have raised).

Marauder
Game Administrator

Post by Marauder » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Neaksy wrote:
Which is unrealistic because IRL there is no such thing as a free healthcare system, let alone any US state where healthcare works differently than the current one which works the same on a national level. I do understand this is a game and SA works differently but this is nowhere near probable, realistic and coherent. Making pricey healthcare an actual thing on LS-RP would allow for more (realistic) roleplay around it, people who can't afford would deny medical assistance due to financial problems. (If anything it could potentially decrease the amount of people who just see FD as a /heal drive-thru and don't roleplay the consequences of having to pay thousands of healthcare due to their treatment, and taxes.) I don't believe one second a state whose economy is so inflated would allow for a free healthcare system to prevail, when it would make so much money in taxes.
Nobody is ever denied medical care. Frivolous cosmetic things require immediate payment but I can walk into an ER right now and get treatment
Marauder Head of Events
Head of Media/News Team Level 2 Admin
Faction Management • State Assembly
Marissa Hazeldine
#SometimesI'mAlsoALawyer

Unavailable in game until Monday October 2nd. Will be periodically checking forums when possible.

Neaksy
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Post by Neaksy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:44 pm

Sarcasmohjoy wrote:Nobody is ever denied medical care. Frivolous cosmetic things require immediate payment but I can walk into an ER right now and get treatment
I was referring to patients refusing medical treatment, not FD denying medical care.

Return to “General Suggestions”