Easier phone commands

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers

Forum rules
When in the Quick Suggestions thread, only post your own suggestions. Do not react to, discuss, or support other players' suggestions. Breach of this rule will result in a regular forum warning.

If you have a suggestion that requires input from more players and isn't just a quick and simple suggestion that doesn't need any elaborating, make a normal thread.

Do you support this suggestion?

Poll runs till Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:02 am

1) Yes.
25%
1) Yes.
25%
2) No.
25%
2) No.
25%

Total votes: 36

TamTam
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Yegor_Babkin

Easier phone commands

Post by TamTam » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:51 pm

It's kinda annoying that when somebody sends you a message and then you have to click that green dot and stop driving your car...
Well, 20% of my time in LSRP is driving in my car. So let's make an additional way to check messages:

-Once you get a message you can do /viewmessages and simple as it sounds it'll show you the messages in the chat, you will no longer need to click that dot, enter the number and view it in the phone itself and stop driving or whatever you're doing.
(The messages will be finaly written in the chatlogs).

Example for the command:

/viewmassages
1) New message from 167213516.
2) New message from 172362134.
3) New message from 7573.

Then you can just /viewmessage 1 and it'll show you the message! (In the chat).

We already have /sms command, so let's add /viewmessages..

DruggsyL
Mafia
Mafia

Re: Easier phone commands

Post by DruggsyL » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:31 am

Yes please, the phone system is pain in the ass specially for slow internet peasants.

FlowN
Almost Human
Almost Human
Ingame name: Daniel Holt

Post by FlowN » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:18 pm

I see the current system as being more realistic. IRL you would need to actually browse your phone in order to get and see the messages. A simple command would just make it too simple. There already is a shortcut to the new messages (red text in the upper right side), this would be too easy IMO.
SENATOR DANIEL BRIAN HOLT - CREATING CHANGE | THE SAN ANDREAS REPUBLICAN PARTY
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT | COMMUNITY THREAD

TheCoolNick
I'm here to help you!
I'm here to help you!
Ingame name: Guess it

Post by TheCoolNick » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:27 pm

Well, the time you clicks on the green dot and the time you will /viewmassages it's the same time and you stop to drive at that time... So, not really supporting.
Ayo.
Have a problem? Need Help? Feel free to send me a private message and I will help as soon as possible!
Reserved Tester
About me

GhostofShadows
Holder of Ws
Holder of Ws
Ingame name: Cholo_Ese

Post by GhostofShadows » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:36 pm

FlowN wrote:I see the current system as being more realistic. IRL you would need to actually browse your phone in order to get and see the messages. A simple command would just make it too simple. There already is a shortcut to the new messages (red text in the upper right side), this would be too easy IMO.
^ This. I love the realism in this game, and the phone system adds on to that. While a simpler command system would be easier for many other players, it'll just feel like it's just another old and cheap light roleplay server. It's just the little things that makes the biggest differences in the server, and the current one is one of those. Dunno, just me.
[16:35:50] (( PM from Jared_Landry (ID: 180): You aren't welcomed to roleplay anywhere near here. ))

[16:36:01] This user is blocking private messages from you.

6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: OHHHHHH MAH DAWWWG
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: ugh
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: what the fuck do you want bitch?
6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: whats good, CJ?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: cj?! the fuck?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: kill your fucking self bitch

TamTam
Gangster
Gangster

Post by TamTam » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:52 am

For all those who say it breaks realism~

In real life, when you browse messages you are not focused on driving, but you can still push the gas button. The current system stops you from driving, and controling the wheel, which can be done IRL while SMSing.

TheCoolNick
I'm here to help you!
I'm here to help you!
Ingame name: Guess it

Post by TheCoolNick » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:34 am

IRL it's not allowed to use the phone while driving..
Ayo.
Have a problem? Need Help? Feel free to send me a private message and I will help as soon as possible!
Reserved Tester
About me

TamTam
Gangster
Gangster

Post by TamTam » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:10 am

TheCoolNick wrote:IRL it's not allowed to use the phone while driving..
IRL it's not allowed, just like in game bro, this is an IC issue with the law enforcement, not with the game scripts.
This is a RP server, the point of SMSing while driving it's a role-play. This shouldn't be forced by the game script.
All the point is when you are SMSing while driving, you should RP not focused and show it, it's just like the rob role play, you are not forced by the game script to /pay, you are forced by the game rules and that how it should be with any script.

ImBlair
Mafia
Mafia

Post by ImBlair » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:32 am

No. Simply no. It used to all be in the chat itself before the new phone system was implemented and it was pretty stupid and too easy to view a message in dire situations. I like how it is now.

TamTam
Gangster
Gangster

Post by TamTam » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:58 am

ImBlair wrote: Too easy to view a message in dire situation
How hard is to use your phone in real life?!
ImBlair wrote: Dire situation

You can already SMS your friend already in dire situation if you know the number, or if you have him in your contract: /SMS friend HELP MEEEEEEEE.
It involves the powergaming, we have admins to take care of power gamers, there always PG in the server, it'll not stop.

TamTam
Gangster
Gangster

Post by TamTam » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:02 pm

DruggsyL wrote:Yes please, the phone system is pain in the ass specially for slow internet peasants.
And what about players like him, with higher ping?
When I played 350 ping, when I was about to /phone, it had a delay of 5 seconds.

FlowN
Almost Human
Almost Human
Ingame name: Daniel Holt

Post by FlowN » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:14 pm

TamTam wrote:.
It involves the powergaming, we have admins to take care of power gamers, there always PG in the server, it'll not stop.
Why in the whole world would you implement a system which wouldn't work properly, knowing it will be abused and saying that admins will take care? Don't put it there, in first place, then.

Before, the whole phone system was in chat. Then this new system was implemented. Why in the whole world would you like to downgrade it?
SENATOR DANIEL BRIAN HOLT - CREATING CHANGE | THE SAN ANDREAS REPUBLICAN PARTY
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT | COMMUNITY THREAD

TamTam
Gangster
Gangster

Post by TamTam » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:31 pm

FlowN wrote:
Why in the whole world would you implement a system which wouldn't work properly, knowing it will be abused and saying that admins will take care? Don't put it there, in first place, then.

Before, the whole phone system was in chat. Then this new system was implemented. Why in the whole world would you like to downgrade it?
I don't say to remove the current system, just add an other one.
There is more abusing in robbing, and scamming and more and more, should we add robbing script? No. Same here.

GhostofShadows
Holder of Ws
Holder of Ws
Ingame name: Cholo_Ese

Post by GhostofShadows » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:42 pm

TamTam wrote:
FlowN wrote:

I don't say to remove the current system, just add an other one.
There is more abusing in robbing, and scamming and more and more, should we add robbing script? No. Same here.
But if you add the system, people will obviously use that more than the current one we have, which is pretty much replacing the one we have now, and it's basically getting rid of the current phone system at the end of the day.
[16:35:50] (( PM from Jared_Landry (ID: 180): You aren't welcomed to roleplay anywhere near here. ))

[16:36:01] This user is blocking private messages from you.

6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: OHHHHHH MAH DAWWWG
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: ugh
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: what the fuck do you want bitch?
6:50 PM - ★★ѕωιfтѕнιfту★★: whats good, CJ?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: cj?! the fuck?
6:51 PM - Anthomyst: kill your fucking self bitch

TamTam
Gangster
Gangster

Post by TamTam » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:54 pm

GhostofShadows wrote:
GhostofShadows wrote: But if you add the system, people will obviously use that more than the current one we have, which is pretty much replacing the one we have now, and it's basically getting rid of the current phone system at the end of the day.
That's my point, to offer players to choose comfortable way to use the phone system. You are not forced to use it anyways, if you say most of the people will use it, it means the idea is great.

Return to “General Suggestions”