Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Moderators: Game Admins, LS:RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers

Forum rules
When in the Quick Suggestions thread, only post your own suggestions. Do not react to, discuss, or support other players' suggestions. Breach of this rule will result in a regular forum warning.

If you have a suggestion that requires input from more players and isn't just a quick and simple suggestion that doesn't need any elaborating, make a normal thread.
User avatar
OIL Incorporated
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 11:00 pm

Re: Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Post by OIL Incorporated » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:43 pm

Phenomz wrote:I know we're all trying to make this as realistic as possible, but it's a game. It takes a lot of IC and OOC effort for people to make money. For truckers with a Burrito, they make around 20 grand tops per hour. A taxi driver makes around the same (if he's lucky). "nothing to fear since worst case scenario he will lose $50,000", lol 50K might seem nothing to you but it's really a large amount of money. Removing the limit would just promote more OOC hate and arguments. It is also very frustrating when you get scammed. You try your best to get the money you worked 3 hours trucking for and that results in a unnecessary arguments. Some people (including me) would quit LS-RP if they loose like a million dollars over a deal, people come here to have fun and it should be fun for everyone. Both parties should have fun.

Yes, I can see that we're all trying to make it realistic but I have a few questions:
Why not allow levels under 5 to be involved in robberies and scams as there's no OOC levels in real life?
Why don't we remove the robbing limit too, as robbers in real life just don't take 500$ from your wallet.
Why not allow scams on legal deals? I know people who have been forced to sign papers on gun point or robbed at an ATM machine (i.e making people /withdraw all their money)

Not just this but this will make more people get PF for guns and increased PF abusing.
1. You need to stop focussing so much on IG money. Yes it is important, you need it to buy a house and car, but it's not all what LSRP is about.

2. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Buy in increments. Don't take big risks with money. It's not hard, just don't take the easy dumb way.

Emundu
Civilian
Civilian
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:22 pm

Re: Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Post by Emundu » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:32 am

Phenomz wrote:I know we're all trying to make this as realistic as possible, but it's a game. It takes a lot of IC and OOC effort for people to make money. For truckers with a Burrito, they make around 20 grand tops per hour. A taxi driver makes around the same (if he's lucky). "nothing to fear since worst case scenario he will lose $50,000", lol 50K might seem nothing to you but it's really a large amount of money. Removing the limit would just promote more OOC hate and arguments. It is also very frustrating when you get scammed. You try your best to get the money you worked 3 hours trucking for and that results in a unnecessary arguments. Some people (including me) would quit LS-RP if they loose like a million dollars over a deal, people come here to have fun and it should be fun for everyone. Both parties should have fun.

Yes, I can see that we're all trying to make it realistic but I have a few questions:
Why not allow levels under 5 to be involved in robberies and scams as there's no OOC levels in real life?
Why don't we remove the robbing limit too, as robbers in real life just don't take 500$ from your wallet.
Why not allow scams on legal deals? I know people who have been forced to sign papers on gun point or robbed at an ATM machine (i.e making people /withdraw all their money)

Not just this but this will make more people get PF for guns and increased PF abusing.

I really agree with this. This is a game, and people have worked hard for their money. If you remove scam restrictions everyone would scam, it would be a scam party all over LSRP.

Scenario 1 (with scam restrictions):
John: Hi, I'm selling a Deagle for 60,000. Wanna buy?
Jane: Yes.
John hands the gun over to Jane.
Jane hands the money over to John

Scenario 2 (without scam restrictions):
John: Hi, I'm selling a Deagle for 60,000. Wanna buy?
Jane: Yes, but you give first.
John: No, doesn't work like that, you pay first.
- Endless argument -
* Jane is having trouble finding a gun *
* Jane either gets a PF license and abuses it or breaks a ton of rules if she sees someone with a gun *


It's already hard as hell to get guns on LSRP. Making it harder would make everyone more crazy to get one. This is a game, we're here to have fun. You can't deny that you're having loads of fun when you shoot / kill someone. People fist-fight so much because fists / bats are the only things they have. Removing scam resistrictions would screw so many things up.

User avatar
Indefinite Affiliation
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 3208
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:17 pm
Location: Long Beach, East LA.

Re: Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Post by Indefinite Affiliation » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:04 pm

The restrictions assist in keeping some sort of a balance, otherwise people would be scamming people twenty-four-seven and that would simply cause havoc.
I believe there used to be a time with no restrictions regarding the scamming in the server, until these rules have been made due to issue stated above.
Image

User avatar
AnselmiX3
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Post by AnselmiX3 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:08 pm

Emundu wrote:
Phenomz wrote:I know we're all trying to make this as realistic as possible, but it's a game. It takes a lot of IC and OOC effort for people to make money. For truckers with a Burrito, they make around 20 grand tops per hour. A taxi driver makes around the same (if he's lucky). "nothing to fear since worst case scenario he will lose $50,000", lol 50K might seem nothing to you but it's really a large amount of money. Removing the limit would just promote more OOC hate and arguments. It is also very frustrating when you get scammed. You try your best to get the money you worked 3 hours trucking for and that results in a unnecessary arguments. Some people (including me) would quit LS-RP if they loose like a million dollars over a deal, people come here to have fun and it should be fun for everyone. Both parties should have fun.

Yes, I can see that we're all trying to make it realistic but I have a few questions:
Why not allow levels under 5 to be involved in robberies and scams as there's no OOC levels in real life?
Why don't we remove the robbing limit too, as robbers in real life just don't take 500$ from your wallet.
Why not allow scams on legal deals? I know people who have been forced to sign papers on gun point or robbed at an ATM machine (i.e making people /withdraw all their money)

Not just this but this will make more people get PF for guns and increased PF abusing.

I really agree with this. This is a game, and people have worked hard for their money. If you remove scam restrictions everyone would scam, it would be a scam party all over LSRP.

Scenario 1 (with scam restrictions):
John: Hi, I'm selling a Deagle for 60,000. Wanna buy?
Jane: Yes.
John hands the gun over to Jane.
Jane hands the money over to John

Scenario 2 (without scam restrictions):
John: Hi, I'm selling a Deagle for 60,000. Wanna buy?
Jane: Yes, but you give first.
John: No, doesn't work like that, you pay first.
- Endless argument -
* Jane is having trouble finding a gun *
* Jane either gets a PF license and abuses it or breaks a ton of rules if she sees someone with a gun *


It's already hard as hell to get guns on LSRP. Making it harder would make everyone more crazy to get one. This is a game, we're here to have fun. You can't deny that you're having loads of fun when you shoot / kill someone. People fist-fight so much because fists / bats are the only things they have. Removing scam resistrictions would screw so many things up.
how about jane uses some common sense and finds someone trustworthy with people to vouch for em before buying something straight up huh.

This is a role play server. The limits in place currently limit role play and they have for years. Back in the day when it was 4K for a deagle it wasn't so much of a problem - because people rarely hit the scam limits, but now it's 30K + for one gun it's ridiculous for a con artist to make a living - let alone have some enjoyable role play without the bellend on the other end ruining it by asking for "OOC promises" and purposely bypassing the limits.

User avatar
Phenomz
GNAG
GNAG
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:56 pm
Ingame name: Jack McCurdy

Re: Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Post by Phenomz » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:38 pm

AnselmiX3 wrote: how about jane uses some common sense and finds someone trustworthy with people to vouch for em before buying something straight up huh.

This is a role play server. The limits in place currently limit role play and they have for years. Back in the day when it was 4K for a deagle it wasn't so much of a problem - because people rarely hit the scam limits, but now it's 30K + for one gun it's ridiculous for a con artist to make a living - let alone have some enjoyable role play without the bellend on the other end ruining it by asking for "OOC promises" and purposely bypassing the limits.
Good luck finding trust worthy dealers out there. It's hard and even impossible to find those 'trust worthy' dealers. It's not hard to make money as a scammer, you can literally make 45,000 every 30 minutes, that's 90,000 in an hour; 42,000 more than a professional trucker makes.
Image
McCurdy Accessories
Image
Jack McCurdy: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
TheeAmericanoIdiota
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:22 pm
Ingame name: George_Lincoln
Location: Anaheim to the Middle East

Re: Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Post by TheeAmericanoIdiota » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:25 pm

This could be helpful and good.
Image

User avatar
Mannan
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:47 pm
Location: Ireland.

Re: Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Post by Mannan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:21 pm

I'm unsure about this one. Like any rule that's broken, it should be dealt with accordingly. I think Darius made a good point in saying:
Darius94 wrote:In such a situation, the money should be forced out to the other party from the ajailed player. This way, they get ajailed and they money deducted. He won't do it again.
I think perhaps having a more strict outlook on it than actually removing it or heightening the limit would be a better approach. I also agree with your point of "people just walk up to random people and ask for guns or drugs". I see that every day. I even get people come up and ask me for guns and drugs on FD duty. It's clear trollish behavior and I think punishments on the likes need a stricter attitude.
Image

User avatar
Skippy.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:26 am
Ingame name: hello
Location: Chile

Re: Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Post by Skippy. » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:38 pm

Surprises me how many times this suggestion has been brought up, but just now it receives moderate support.

You might think that scammers will go rampage and start doing this all day after removing the limit. Instead, people will wake up and step out of their bubble, creating awareness on how shady these activities can be. Nobody will want to buy an absurd amount of guns/dope from strangers and that's a step towards progress.

However, I agree that having a level restriction is necessary, in case any vultures wander around the airport trying to suck all of the money out of the new players.

User avatar
.Buckshot
Golden Goose
Golden Goose
Posts: 1056
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:13 pm
Ingame name: Inactive

Re: Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Post by .Buckshot » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:24 pm

Masuda wrote:"I'll give you 51k so you can't scam me." I've seen this on the forums too, should get removed that limit.

User avatar
KingNay
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:11 pm
Location: England

Re: Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Post by KingNay » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:54 pm

As long as the level restrictions stay then I wholeheartedly support this. Drug/weapon deals are supposed to be risky, with both sides taking adequate precautions and preparations to prevent scamming. This would bring that real risk to large scale deals. Also, it also allows the most daring of scammers to mastermind schemes to steal an even greater amount of money (most daring on account of the inevitable security the other party brings), adding another level/risk to such transactions.
Nathan Remigio: Alive and well.

Image

User avatar
Phenomz
GNAG
GNAG
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:56 pm
Ingame name: Jack McCurdy

Re: Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Post by Phenomz » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:56 pm

Skippy. wrote:Surprises me how many times this suggestion has been brought up, but just now it receives moderate support.

You might think that scammers will go rampage and start doing this all day after removing the limit. Instead, people will wake up and step out of their bubble, creating awareness on how shady these activities can be. Nobody will want to buy an absurd amount of guns/dope from strangers and that's a step towards progress.

However, I agree that having a level restriction is necessary, in case any vultures wander around the airport trying to suck all of the money out of the new players.
People will wake up, yes but it's a game. We're all here to have fun and scamming is frustrating, we don't have to encourage that.
I said this earlier too, money is not easy to come around. Even with the restrictions, it takes a while for people to recover. I mean, you could have millions off prosustitution, farming paychecks and savings but that's not everyone.
Image
McCurdy Accessories
Image
Jack McCurdy: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Freddo
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 6:07 pm
Ingame name: LSRPs Jim Lahey
Location: Southampton, England

Re: Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Post by Freddo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:16 pm

Phenomz wrote: People will wake up, yes but it's a game. We're all here to have fun and scamming is frustrating, we don't have to encourage that.
I said this earlier too, money is not easy to come around. Even with the restrictions, it takes a while for people to recover. I mean, you could have millions off prosustitution, farming paychecks and savings but that's not everyone.
By saying you don't want to encourage scamming sounds like you've lost something because of a scam and you couldn't take the loss. Scamming is what can happen in reality, you take that risk, just like you would irl.
Also, about money being hard to come by. Believe me, it's easy. Like reality, you stay wise about your spending's, you don't squander it on useless crap.
For example i'll see people pay 80 grand for a shotgun that's in all seriousness worth no more than 30. All because they want a gun. Then it just so happens that they loose the gun later that night, and now they have nothing. No cash, no car or anything. Trust me people are stupid enough to do that just for a shotgun with 20 bullets.
Who is to blame?, you might ask. The buyer. It's people like that, who sound like you. People cant take the loss when something doesn't go their way. Because the only thing on their mind is I want a gun. That's all that cares to them, not the RP or anything else.

Plus you said scamming is frustrating. Do you know how frustrating it is when retards come up to me and other sellers saying "I'll buy it for 51 grand". Or a number really close to the boundaries so they know that there is no risk.
I think that the level cap should stay in place as playing up to level 5 should surely gives you enough time to understand that there is a big risk when buying things illegally.

User avatar
Phenomz
GNAG
GNAG
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:56 pm
Ingame name: Jack McCurdy

Re: Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Post by Phenomz » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:26 pm

Freddo wrote:
Phenomz wrote: People will wake up, yes but it's a game. We're all here to have fun and scamming is frustrating, we don't have to encourage that.
I said this earlier too, money is not easy to come around. Even with the restrictions, it takes a while for people to recover. I mean, you could have millions off prosustitution, farming paychecks and savings but that's not everyone.
By saying you don't want to encourage scamming sounds like you've lost something because of a scam and you couldn't take the loss. Scamming is what can happen in reality, you take that risk, just like you would irl.
Also, about money being hard to come by. Believe me, it's easy. Like reality, you stay wise about your spending's, you don't squander it on useless crap.
For example i'll see people pay 80 grand for a shotgun that's in all seriousness worth no more than 30. All because they want a gun. Then it just so happens that they loose the gun later that night, and now they have nothing. No cash, no car or anything. Trust me people are stupid enough to do that just for a shotgun with 20 bullets.
Who is to blame?, you might ask. The buyer. It's people like that, who sound like you. People cant take the loss when something doesn't go their way. Because the only thing on their mind is I want a gun. That's all that cares to them, not the RP or anything else.

Plus you said scamming is frustrating. Do you know how frustrating it is when retards come up to me and other sellers saying "I'll buy it for 51 grand". Or a number really close to the boundaries so they know that there is no risk.
I think that the level cap should stay in place as playing up to level 5 should surely gives you enough time to understand that there is a big risk when buying things illegally.
I agree with the reality thing. I have a better idea, let's remove the level restriction too and the safezones too. Because you know in reality, there are no OOC levels protecting you or there are no areas where you can't be robbed or killed. Not just this but the 500$-rob thing too, isn't that unrealistic?
Now that you've mentioned it, let me enlighten you with a rule. I'm sure you've read this in rules but don't remeber it for some reason. Blatantly avoiding scamming rules is an ajailable offense. You can't increase a buyers price to avoid scamming prices. So instead of losing your cool, just tell them in a friendly way that it's not allowed.
You want to bring in RP, alright. Why can't we allow scamming on legal transactions? I can imagine how fun and enjoyable it will be getting scammed everyday. For the zillionth time, we all are here to have fun. I respect the fact that most of you want to make LSRP more realistic, but it's just a game.
Image
McCurdy Accessories
Image
Jack McCurdy: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

jbutton169
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1120
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:17 pm

Re: Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Post by jbutton169 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:38 pm

I think the $500 rule should be removed too and should be 5-10% of the cash you are carrying, this will also stop people carrying stupid amounts of money around too.
Frank Ambrosini- Former captain in the Bellomo Crime Network, Dead.
Duncan McGregor - Former Road Slayer's Vice President
Tyrell Tatum - Founder of Willowfield Riding Club and SAMMA

User avatar
Black Zeus
Pink Panther
Pink Panther
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:58 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Remove the scam limits for illegal transactions

Post by Black Zeus » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:44 pm

jbutton169 wrote:I think the $500 rule should be removed too and should be 5-10% of the cash you are carrying, this will also stop people carrying stupid amounts of money around too.
Having money on hand does not necessarily mean that you are carrying everything in your pockets. A lot of people are using savings which renders the whole bank system useless, forcing them to have money on hand.
COGITO ERGO SUM

Locked

Return to “General Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest