Plane rentals.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers

Cranlet
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Plane rentals.

Post by Cranlet » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:33 pm

I know this might sound like a niche suggestion, but bear with me.

Currently, if you want to RP your character being a hobbyist pilot, you've only got one option. That option is to buy a plane outright and have it belong to you. I don't really think that's realistic, and I think that a plane rental system (similar to the car rental system) should be implemented. As long as you've passed the pilot test, you could go to the airport, plop down a fee (~50k or so, not cheap, but far more accessible than buying a plane) and then take flight. I really don't see many downsides.

In real life, if a hobbyist pilot wants to go flying for a day but doesn't have the money for their own plane (a lot don't, planes are rather expensive in real life too. even for a basic Cessna 172 Skyhawk, or basically a Dodo ingame), they rent one. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to rent planes on LS-RP too. I'm thinking only having the Dodo available to rent, although maybe we could have the Beagle too.

I'm making this suggestion because I think aviation RP is a very interesting type of RP, and I want to get into it. But I simply don't have the money on either of my characters to even consider it right now. Currently, unless you've got 12 million to just spend on what's basically a toy, you're screwed if you want to RP flying, unless you know someone who trusts you enough to lend you their plane, which is rare. Currently, it seems like planes and flying are more of a way for people to flaunt their OOC wealth than anything else. I think this should change.

WhiteShadow
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Alexander_Darnell

Re: Plane rentals.

Post by WhiteShadow » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:20 pm

I have bought my own plane and RP it belonging to a flight club. I don't think it's a good idea for plane rentals unless it's sorted out on the forums but I imagine someone could do something like this if they owned a couple planes and had contracts up which people signed to rent a plane (like actually buy it from them and own it for a week or something).
WhiteShadow

Alexander Darnell - Retired Police Captain I
Jay Norman - Retired Master Thief
Ex-Senior Forum Moderator
Image Ex-Head of Other Games Mods

Retired from the LS:RP Staff Team
Left the Server/Community
"No matter how hard you try at doing the right thing or the good thing you’ll always end up with people hating you for a stupid reason."

Return to “Vehicle Suggestions”