Leasing and paying off cars.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers

KidPistolLSRP
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Jerry_Burke

Leasing and paying off cars.

Post by KidPistolLSRP » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:13 am

We should be able to do this.
We should be able to put a down payment on a car we want, and pay a certain amount every 5 paychecks in order to keep the car. If we miss a few payments on our car, the PD can tow it and we can lose it ICly. This would allow us to have cars we shouldn't have to save up for a lot earlier.

For example:
If I want a Huntley, and a Huntley costs 300 grand. I should be able to put a minimum down payment or more on it and pay lets say 1000 (AND if I want to pay more to quicker the ownership process) every 5 paychecks until the car is paid off and eventually in your name.

Please consider it.
Hmage

Keny
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Re: Leasing and paying off cars.

Post by Keny » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:09 pm

This wouldn't work in game. This would be nothing but mess. Players would buy vehicles, do stupid things with them and just avoid paying the fees.

KidPistolLSRP
Gangster
Gangster

Post by KidPistolLSRP » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:17 pm

Keny wrote:This wouldn't work in game. This would be nothing but mess. Players would buy vehicles, do stupid things with them and just avoid paying the fees.
This is where credit score might need to be implemented also.
Hmage

.Andy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: M.Foster

Post by .Andy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:57 pm

I love it but, let's be real. You're digging off into a lot of logistics here and this one simple suggestion would require a lot to work around. As it is, we have much simpler and transparent suggestions that need to be considered before we work on something that could essentially make or break the economy.

KidPistolLSRP
Gangster
Gangster

Post by KidPistolLSRP » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:30 pm

.Andy wrote:I love it but, let's be real. You're digging off into a lot of logistics here and this one simple suggestion would require a lot to work around. As it is, we have much simpler and transparent suggestions that need to be considered before we work on something that could essentially make or break the economy.
How is leading a car breaking the economy? All we'd have to do is go to the dealership, select the car we want, select the option to lease, pay either the minimum down payment OR more of you choose, and begin paying money every 5 paychecks to keep your car. Pretty simple if you ask me. I'd love to buy another car but I'd prefer to lease my next one if giving the option. Then not only would I have my car earlier as opposed to saving up 600 grand but I'll be able to begin paying it off until it's fully paid off.

This idea would be beneficial to many new members who would like to get a car early. Also and it would give the role play more bills. Apartment Rent and Car Payments.
Hmage

Keny
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Keny » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:42 pm

What would happen if you don't pay the fees? What if players quit few seconds before the paycheck and they avoid paying for the car?

Threadstrong
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Threadstrong » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:44 pm

This seems like a lot of work for very little payoff, to be honest.

Keny
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Keny » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:45 pm

Threadstrong wrote:This seems like a lot of work for very little payoff, to be honest.
I can see players level 1 with cheetahs and whatnot, rolling around and trolling PD/SD.

KidPistolLSRP
Gangster
Gangster

Post by KidPistolLSRP » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:06 am

Keny wrote:
Threadstrong wrote:This seems like a lot of work for very little payoff, to be honest.
I can see players level 1 with cheetahs and whatnot, rolling around and trolling PD/SD.
Not really because the minimum down payment for a cheetah could be 100 grand or 150...
Hmage

FlowN
Almost Human
Almost Human
Ingame name: Daniel Holt

Post by FlowN » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:37 am

Let's make it more expensive, so it will not be like a big car giveaway. Let's say half of the original price.

Don't talk about players trolling PD with Cheetahs. They can still randomly buy Faggio's and evade PD (because of their handling).

I still have a question: if you don't have the money, the car is taken away from you, from what you said. Then, let's say you pay 400k for a Cheetah. There is no way to pay off the rest in a decent amount of time (not a year). It's like if you had the money, you would buy a car. If you only had 400k, you wouldn't be able to get the rest in a short amount of time.

I would like to see this though. The only problem I see is that players who were poor, like only had the 400k (which they spent on the car) will get poorer since they won't be able to pay the rest.
SENATOR DANIEL BRIAN HOLT - CREATING CHANGE | THE SAN ANDREAS REPUBLICAN PARTY
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT | COMMUNITY THREAD

KidPistolLSRP
Gangster
Gangster

Post by KidPistolLSRP » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:30 am

FlowN wrote:Let's make it more expensive, so it will not be like a big car giveaway. Let's say half of the original price.

Don't talk about players trolling PD with Cheetahs. They can still randomly buy Faggio's and evade PD (because of their handling).

I still have a question: if you don't have the money, the car is taken away from you, from what you said. Then, let's say you pay 400k for a Cheetah. There is no way to pay off the rest in a decent amount of time (not a year). It's like if you had the money, you would buy a car. If you only had 400k, you wouldn't be able to get the rest in a short amount of time.

I would like to see this though. The only problem I see is that players who were poor, like only had the 400k (which they spent on the car) will get poorer since they won't be able to pay the rest.
I'm kind of confused by your question bro. I mean it's just financing a car until you own it. If you have 500k and you want to lease a cheetah for 400k, you'd just have to pay 3000 or however much you want every 5 paychecks until it's paid off. If you miss multiple payments, the PD can tow your car and remove it from your character. Just like real life
Hmage

FlowN
Almost Human
Almost Human
Ingame name: Daniel Holt

Post by FlowN » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:09 am

I meant that yeah, a Cheetah costs 800k, you pay 500k and you still need 300k. 300k / 3k = 100 * 5 hr = you'll need 500 hrs to get the rest. Is it worth it...? Anyway, the base of the suggestion is awesome and would make a great addition IMO, the others can be re-thinked anytime. Supporting.
SENATOR DANIEL BRIAN HOLT - CREATING CHANGE | THE SAN ANDREAS REPUBLICAN PARTY
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT | COMMUNITY THREAD

KidPistolLSRP
Gangster
Gangster

Post by KidPistolLSRP » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:33 am

FlowN wrote:I meant that yeah, a Cheetah costs 800k, you pay 500k and you still need 300k. 300k / 3k = 100 * 5 hr = you'll need 500 hrs to get the rest. Is it worth it...? Anyway, the base of the suggestion is awesome and would make a great addition IMO, the others can be re-thinked anytime. Supporting.
Ahh yea lol my bad yea I gotta rethink that but maybe a minimum every 5 hours paycheck might be needed. It doesn't have to be 3k. Maybe it could be 10 grand every 5 paychecks.
Hmage

Badshah
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Badshah » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:52 am

10% of the car has to be paid off every 5 paychecks after paying a 30% down payment.
You have to be level 15+ to lease a car. Maybe level 10, idk.
Some cars can't be leased, such as a cheetah, jester, flash, etc. Donator cars can not be leased.
This would come in handy for things like the taxi driver job, trucker job, etc. Trashmaster can't be financed/leased/whatever.
Can't lease cars that cost less than or equal to 50k.
Discuss?

!من النهر إلى البحر، ستكون فلسطين حرة
Hmage

Blu
Dead Meme
Dead Meme
Ingame name: Too many to count

Post by Blu » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:50 pm

Something more realistic would have to be put in place for this to work.
Maybe a down payment of 1/4 or 1/2 of the car's worth would need to be put down, as well as maybe 10 grand a week comes out of your bank account. On top of this, the bank will automatically lower your balance into the negatives and you'll be forced not to buy anything else until your debt is paid off. Sort of like how medical bills work.

Hmage
Hmage

Return to “Vehicle Suggestions”