Flexible trucking prices.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

A$AP Villain
Mafia
Mafia

Flexible trucking prices.

Post by A$AP Villain » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:42 pm

So, most likely 99% of the big truck truckers will complain about Malt being nearly steadily full. And every single one of them does barely any routes but cereal-malt. There's plenty of industries that don't et any attention at all, because it simply doesn't pay off. Although a thought here is, that could be fixed with flexible prices. I'd leave the most loved routes untouched, such as malt-cereal and Meals - Docks, and make the others flexible. Reason for these to stay, is simply so unexperienced, new truckers have a standard route before they get familiar with the system.

I'd see it as realistic, that if an industry notices, it's demand never gets supplied, they're ready to pay more for the demand to be supplied. As in, instead of just 60$ profit per crate, after being 2-3 hours of on 0, they'd maybe raise the price to 100$ per crate, and keep it untill fully stocked up, or a certain level of stocked up, all untill they're empty and "desperate" again. It'd add a bit of diversity, realism and difficulty to the trucking script, and roleplay itself. It requires you to be steady attentive to the trucker PDA, and allows you to earn a tad bit more profit than others, simply with some more effort and dedication. Also, such markets barely have a steady price IRL, due to material worth (gold, silver, steel and such mostly), and demand. So, this would benefit not only to the player's individual profit/fun/diversity, but also add a bit of reality when it comes to certain markets.

With some further thought, and good scripting I don't see how the script can be abused, as there'll be a limit to what they offer, and not some industries suddenly offering 1000$ profit per crate.

Here's a nearly perfect, visual example:

Caught it at a lucky time, most likely due to the fact most people cannot even access the server, but as you see, the Brewery is fully stocked up on Beverages, and will within the hour most likely be full of Malt.

And here, the Fort Carson Distillery, which also produces beverages is nearly on their demand, and their supply fully empty simply due to the fact that it doesn't pay off to move these products.

Freddo
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: LSRPs Jim Lahey

Re: Flexible trucking prices.

Post by Freddo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:34 pm

I agree with this completely, as trucking can get easily boring driving the same route as everyone around you, when there's loads of other fun routes which just get left behind because the profit is just too low compared to usual Meals and Malt.
But I'd love to see this, as the diversity it would bring to trucking will be great, and it just allows you to learn a new route and try things out. Furthermore I feel this will leave more industries re-stocked and available for truckers to go to and deliver to companies around LS.
Videos HERE Occasionally

Deathofbest
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Sean Hawks

Post by Deathofbest » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:43 pm

Well, the thing is after first reading the trucker job's guide I was more than excited and was having fun trying out various routes, but I ended up sticking to those routes that yield a fair amount of money. I'm talking about the beverages and meal that're boxed. After I got my hands on my first big rig I ended up sticking again to the route that provides the most.

We have to name the problems with the current trucking career. People such as me, are tend to stick to those routes that pays well for their trucking job instead of roleplaying or attending to any other activity.Therefore they will choose the route that yields the most money, and in the current situation this route is the Malt-Cereal one. So far, there wouldn't be any problem with the systeam, but after doing this route a thousands of times people gets bored with it.
The other component that's missing from this job in my opinion, is the possibility to make formal convoys, I mean, even in real life companies pay more money for more cargo. Therefore it would be more than welcomed if we could get a /convoy command or something simmiliar to be able to make make convoys like that.

Basically this topic is about the flexible price for truckers that could help us to develop a more viral systeam. If we would be able to work out a systeam together with the developpers, I am more than certain that truckers number would be increasing and the job would be vivid maybe more than it ever was.

Making the prices flexible would lead us to the point where not only Blueberry's Brewery would be on full stock and the Ocean Dock's Concrete Plant wouldn't lack of resource. If we get the attention of the developpers I and the whole Hucklefield Logistics would be more than willing to help you out.

Apologizes for the long post and the grammatical mistakes.

ThaCrypte
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Dominick Walter

Post by ThaCrypte » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:14 pm

Yeah, I support this.

It's basically how economy works. High demand > high prices, Low demand > low prices.

Matuze
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Matuze » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:24 pm

I totally agree with this Idea. Like Freddo said, trucking becomes more and more boring, because all you do is going all day, all week or all month on the same route, because it's the most profitable route. For me - it's Meat-Meal route, for others - Malt-Cereal route. And that's it. Other routes ar non-profitable, so there is a reason of boredom. And, with all my hands, I agree with Deathofbest opinion.

In other words - we need some innovations in our job.

Clara Grany
Cat
Cat
Ingame name: Lara_Grany

Post by Clara Grany » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:51 pm

Agreed and supported.

This would be a nice solution to everday truckers' problem
Spoiler: show
Malt house is full, skip it on next run
and of course would be more entertaining to deliver for other factories, not just robotically between Blueberry and Las Payasdas, expanding trucking job to other areas aswell.

tagtag
The Procurer
The Procurer

Post by tagtag » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:28 am

malt-cereal route has the additional benefit of being a 2 way run. That should also be implemented into further routes.

Ari
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Post by Ari » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:37 pm

The prices need to be adjsuted so that truckers can earn more money per run and per hour.

They inflated the prices of PF license guns among other things (That truckers in particular need to protect themself, especially recently with the large amount of people getting robbed doing truck runs which stops them from being able to earn money.) which makes it hard for truckers to make money, since a lot of things have been inflated to compensate for the out-of-whack economy (not AS bad anymore) I believe truckers and all other legal jobs need a buff to ensure they have an incentive for the players.

RPing legal requires an incentive considering if you're in a legal faction, you don't really need to RP or do anything and still earn a reasonable paycheck (PD/SD, Gov, FD, etc) and the same is true for illegal factions most of the time, even selling drugs earns you some quality money, guns obviously being the best.

A incentive for legal (trucker, etc) jobs needs to be restored to also compensate for the inflation of the economy.

Also, I agree with the whole thread.

A$AP Villain
Mafia
Mafia

Post by A$AP Villain » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:48 pm

Took this just to prove the malt-cereal point.

Just 6 PM. Meaning most of the american players aren't even online, yet Fleischberg is completely full, and there's 3 trucks waiting with each 30 tonnes.

smajcevicius
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Sam Brandy

Post by smajcevicius » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:04 pm

Support !

SOON

SoulStorm
Civilian
Civilian

Post by SoulStorm » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Fully supporting!

Clara Grany
Cat
Cat
Ingame name: Lara_Grany

Post by Clara Grany » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:43 am

Any updates on this, testers?

zomg-itz-artur
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Salvatore_Santori

Post by zomg-itz-artur » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:46 pm

500% agreed with this post, I actually preferred the old system because it would randomly generate a route for you and the routes were relaxing and fun at the time.
This new system is just a grind of the same 1 or two routes depending on which is full if you want to make even a decent amount of cash.

zomg-itz-artur
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Salvatore_Santori

Post by zomg-itz-artur » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:14 am

rip suggestion

Shane Jarrett
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Shane Jarrett » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:02 am

I fully supported this and I also liked the idea of the old system I wasn't there when the old system was active but I full support this topic.

Return to “Job Suggestions”