Vehicle thief suggestions.

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

User avatar
[email protected]@n
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 am
Ingame name: Fred.
Location: On my chair

Re: Vehicle thief suggestions.

Post by [email protected]@n » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:38 pm

LondonSoldier wrote:@Pacman So you're telling me right now you coul go and hotwire a car? Doubt you could m8. It's not just about connecting wires, it's about which ones. :lol:


Dude, all I am saying is that it shouldn't take you more than a day to actually learn how to hotwire a car. So, it mathematically results that every average Joe, including me or you COULD be able to hotwire a car if we would learn how.
You have to understand that not everybody on this server is willing to spend a week in order to learn how to unscramble.
It's just a game.
Angles wrote:
Also, IRL every average Joe is able to hotwire a car, it's not physics, it's about connecting two wires :lol:


Nope, most if not all modern day cars have Immobility's fit in place, which prevents hotwiring from taking place.


Yeah dude, you need a team of scientists to hotwire a car. This is LS-RP not Real Life, you are able to hotwire any car in this server.
The story of Chinezu' (click)

Ionut 'Chinezu' Cercelus - The Duduianu Clan - alive

Alfredo Prescozada - MS13 - No information available

Diego Etez -Deputy Sheriff Second Class- alive

Felix Toreno - Dead

Angles
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2251
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:45 am

Re: Vehicle thief suggestions.

Post by Angles » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:00 pm

But you made the argument that every average Joe can Hotwire a car IN REAL LIFE, so I refuted you, now you're completely changing the base of your argument to characters on lsrp. lol
Image
Kings and queens rule the land
There's more and more lines drawn in the sand
Pawns are crooks, Castles are rooks
It's too bad the good books
Written for the sub-classes to introduce morality
Had nothing to do with reality
But then again, who would have ever read them?
We read the par-Quran for lunch
Eat old testaments for a snack
And a little Lulla-bible before bed

User avatar
LondonSoldier
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 3249
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: Vehicle thief suggestions.

Post by LondonSoldier » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:53 pm

Angles wrote:But you made the argument that every average Joe can Hotwire a car IN REAL LIFE, so I refuted you, now you're completely changing the base of your argument to characters on lsrp. lol

just don't bother, some people just don't listen

User avatar
[email protected]@n
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 am
Ingame name: Fred.
Location: On my chair

Re: Vehicle thief suggestions.

Post by [email protected]@n » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:47 pm

Angles wrote:But you made the argument that every average Joe can Hotwire a car IN REAL LIFE, so I refuted you, now you're completely changing the base of your argument to characters on lsrp. lol


Yeah, I said A car, I did not say ALL cars or modern cars.
Anyway, we are derailing the main subject.
So you guys don't support the mathematics idea because of your personal reasons, I see.
Any other opinions?
The story of Chinezu' (click)

Ionut 'Chinezu' Cercelus - The Duduianu Clan - alive

Alfredo Prescozada - MS13 - No information available

Diego Etez -Deputy Sheriff Second Class- alive

Felix Toreno - Dead

User avatar
Alonzo.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Posts: 6288
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:14 pm

Re: Vehicle thief suggestions.

Post by Alonzo. » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:34 am

I still think the timer system was ok. While time goes down, you have time to rp, not do it before or after. The unscramble system doesn't seem fair for the ones who are not so good at english.
Image

Angles
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2251
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:45 am

Re: Vehicle thief suggestions.

Post by Angles » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:37 am

Alonzo. wrote:I still think the timer system was ok. While time goes down, you have time to rp, not do it before or after. The unscramble system doesn't seem fair for the ones who are not so good at english.

The timer system implies that any and everyone can hotwire a car given enough time.
Image
Kings and queens rule the land
There's more and more lines drawn in the sand
Pawns are crooks, Castles are rooks
It's too bad the good books
Written for the sub-classes to introduce morality
Had nothing to do with reality
But then again, who would have ever read them?
We read the par-Quran for lunch
Eat old testaments for a snack
And a little Lulla-bible before bed

User avatar
Alonzo.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Posts: 6288
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:14 pm

Re: Vehicle thief suggestions.

Post by Alonzo. » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:41 am

Angles wrote:
Alonzo. wrote:I still think the timer system was ok. While time goes down, you have time to rp, not do it before or after. The unscramble system doesn't seem fair for the ones who are not so good at english.

The timer system implies that any and everyone can hotwire a car given enough time.

So I guess you are ok with how it is? If someone wants to RP a car jacker they can't because they don't have enough english skills. There wasn't any issue(with everyone hotwiring vehicles) when the system had a timer system in place.
Image

User avatar
Iannelli
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:43 am

Re: Vehicle thief suggestions.

Post by Iannelli » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:28 am

1. Increase the rewards from 1 percent to 10 percent. (The chop shop currently gives 1 percent(+-) of the vehicle value. So if I steal a Cheetah, I currently get $6400, which is ridiculous, considering most Cheetahs have top the line security & alarm.

2. Remove the cardboard script. Every vehicle should be able to be delivered, 24/7.

3. I'd keep a system such as unscrambling. Once the engine is on, it leaves you to RP.
Francis Iannelli

Image

Angles
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2251
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:45 am

Re: Vehicle thief suggestions.

Post by Angles » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:39 am

Iannelli wrote:1. Increase the rewards from 1 percent to 10 percent. (The chop shop currently gives 1 percent(+-) of the vehicle value. So if I steal a Cheetah, I currently get $6400, which is ridiculous, considering most Cheetahs have top the line security & alarm.

2. Remove the cardboard script. Every vehicle should be able to be delivered, 24/7.

3. I'd keep a system such as unscrambling. Once the engine is on, it leaves you to RP.


Now this I can agree with.
Image
Kings and queens rule the land
There's more and more lines drawn in the sand
Pawns are crooks, Castles are rooks
It's too bad the good books
Written for the sub-classes to introduce morality
Had nothing to do with reality
But then again, who would have ever read them?
We read the par-Quran for lunch
Eat old testaments for a snack
And a little Lulla-bible before bed

User avatar
Iannelli
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:43 am

Re: Vehicle thief suggestions.

Post by Iannelli » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:01 am

I'd also add this. Give 25 percent(give or take) of the total vlaue of the modifications. $80 for a set of fully chromed Cheetah rims? I've known people who sold busted, rusted Honda Civic rims for more than that. Stolen modifications such as subwoofers(We'll talk about XM on LS-RP), mags and such can sell for as much as half their book value on the black market.

What I'm suggesting is not asking for an entirely new script neither. Just a modification of the numbers in the current script to make it realistic and rewarding.
Francis Iannelli

Image

Angles
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2251
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:45 am

Re: Vehicle thief suggestions.

Post by Angles » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:36 am

Alonzo. wrote:So I guess you are ok with how it is?


Yes, but like Iannelli said give realism to the prices.

Alonzo. wrote:If someone wants to RP a car jacker they can't because they don't have enough english skills.


If someone wants to roleplay or even apply for the server it's a possibility they wont get accepted because of their english skills. Even so, the scrambling game helps with learning complexity of the English language.

There wasn't any issue(with everyone hotwiring vehicles) when the system had a timer system in place.


It doesn't matter how many people do it. The fact is under a timer system any and everyone can hotwire a car if they wanted to and given enough time. Where as with the current system not everyone has the ability to auto hotwire cars, and it's risky business especially when you can trigger alarms, etc. Not including the fact that the scrambling system is easy if you know the basic spelling rules.
Image
Kings and queens rule the land
There's more and more lines drawn in the sand
Pawns are crooks, Castles are rooks
It's too bad the good books
Written for the sub-classes to introduce morality
Had nothing to do with reality
But then again, who would have ever read them?
We read the par-Quran for lunch
Eat old testaments for a snack
And a little Lulla-bible before bed

User avatar
jokurts
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:26 pm
Ingame name: BRONISLAV SOLDATOV

Re: Vehicle thief suggestions.

Post by jokurts » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:34 pm

Looks like the thief job has been completely fixed.
Most of the delivery points have disappeared and the job is almost useless now as there's only 3 boards in LS.
Couldn't really find anything about it on the forums either.
Image

User avatar
Gepan
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:40 am
Ingame name: Steve_Baker

Re: Vehicle thief suggestions.

Post by Gepan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:50 pm

I'd recommend we stop with the useless banter.
Gepan
"This may be a game, but it's real people with real emotions. Something that doesn't bother you may bother someone else"
Former Detective Harris Carter
Report a Officer | Meet Gepan | Join the Department
Gang Narcotics Division - Retired Commanding Officer

User avatar
Straw Dog
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Vehicle thief suggestions.

Post by Straw Dog » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:25 pm

The current script for breaking into a car and hotwiring it are both garbage in my honest opinion. If somebody has a level 5 lock, it takes 1250 seconds for you to /lock pry into their car, that's 20 minutes. Show me somebody who will sit crouching next to the driver side door for 20 minutes when they could buy a $100 baseball bat from the 24/7 and start beating the door down without even a modicum of roleplay. Even the weakest lock takes you 4 minutes to break into, which is 4 minutes crouching next to the DRIVER SIDE door, completely exposed. The /lock pry script doesn't let you break into the car from any other door except the driver door, as if to say you couldn't break in from the rear back seat and climb into the driver seat when you manage to get inside.

Hotwiring is another thing I have a huge problem with. You get words like "NOOSP" which could have 2 results: "SPOON" or "SNOOP" (spoon being the correct one) and if you type in "snoop", it's incorrect. There are too many words like this in the hotwiring system that have more than 1 answer. It also doesn't at all matter if you're eloquent or not, unscrambling words with a 25 second time limit is difficult for anyone, your vocabulary has nothing to do with it. God forbid a player with dyslexia decides to roleplay a car thief.

What I'm saying is that the script is completely RPG and doesn't encourage roleplay at all, it encourages mindlessly smacking away at the door with a baseball bat or your fists. Since I've joined LSRP I've noticed that the script heavily punishes those players deciding to roleplay characters who make their money illegally, making it unnecessarily difficult to make even a small amount of money through scriptwise activities. The rewards you get from, for example, selling stolen cars to a chop-shop don't reflect the server's economy. You get $700 for an average car you spent a minimum of 15 minutes on, but you have to pay the same amount to enter your average business. You would also need to steal 30 of those types of cars to afford a Desert Eagle in the current economy.
Tripper from the 313
ϟcante Maria
Dogtown

User avatar
MetalMeanzKrime
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Vehicle thief suggestions.

Post by MetalMeanzKrime » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:25 am

I preffer the unscramble system, it is a lot more funny. If you don't speak english like primary language, you can rob a car and go to a wood. Then you will can do one millions of hotwires, pointing in a papper the words that you don't know and building it OOCly, so then, the next time, you will know all words that appears in the /uns system. I don't speak english like primary language and it is what I've done. With /uns system you live more the process, and gets you more into the character. Unscramble system should stay.

Locked

Return to “Job Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests