Office Career

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

ErAgent
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Re: Office Career

Post by ErAgent » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:14 pm

It's Amazing, then isn't boring since you can develop a lot of rp scenes ( break with your collegues or meeting with the team if there's a faction or not ) and maybe a brokers faction. The building with the elevator in downtown could be a good place.

Usk
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Usk » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:14 pm

This would be so awesome. I would love seeing this getting implemented.
Last edited by Glen on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Warned. Common Courtesy (No spamming).

ItsRocky
Gangster
Gangster

Post by ItsRocky » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:01 am

I don't see why not, can be quite interesting.
Last edited by Glen on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warned. Common Courtesy (No spamming).

ErAgent
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by ErAgent » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:47 am

The building in downtown is perfect. Someone should develop the elevator and then the job. Then, finally we can get something different and a job worthy to be called it, not like the fish or the DETECTIVE ( imho, most useless job ).

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ferdinand » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:41 pm

Alternatively, we could do something less conventional. Imagine a job was made with no name so that you earn money by unscrambling words (like back when you could break into houses), with a set limit of how much you can do in an hour. Each player could do the work of unscrambling words (the word pool has to be pretty large though), and then roleplay it as any (non-interactive) job they wished (obviously jobs which require interaction such as drug dealing or repairing cars can't be done this way). They could be a secretary doing office work, a start-up IT expert, manual laborer in a factory or warehouse, farmer etc.

Erty
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Erty » Sat May 09, 2015 10:39 pm

I find this idea totally amazing ever. This would be very perfect for the roleplays, even if it's boring. I am totally supporting this awesome idea.

Deep.
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -
Ingame name: Fredo_Banks

Post by Deep. » Tue May 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Good idea, now I had my chance to rping meanwhile cash flow into my bank.. Supporting this!
Last edited by Deep. on Tue May 26, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esco
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Esco » Tue May 26, 2015 7:00 pm

Ferdinand wrote:Alternatively, we could do something less conventional. Imagine a job was made with no name so that you earn money by unscrambling words (like back when you could break into houses), with a set limit of how much you can do in an hour. Each player could do the work of unscrambling words (the word pool has to be pretty large though), and then roleplay it as any (non-interactive) job they wished (obviously jobs which require interaction such as drug dealing or repairing cars can't be done this way). They could be a secretary doing office work, a start-up IT expert, manual laborer in a factory or warehouse, farmer etc.

That's a very good idea

#YOLO
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Corey_Teller

Post by #YOLO » Thu May 28, 2015 4:58 pm

I suport this, unique idea!
Last edited by thinker on Fri May 29, 2015 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: User warned (Spamming)

Sed
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Alan_Fabbro

Post by Sed » Fri May 29, 2015 5:15 am

I've posted my support for this idea already, but this really takes the lid (or cap) of role-play. As I see it, many people need a consistent flow of money. This reduces the reliance on mechanic abuse, provides an alternative to people who aren't stark role-players yet (new player). This suggestion is hot, and I really hope to see it implemented.

Ignoto101
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ignoto101 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:56 am

What if we took this idea a bit further and added in positions for telemarketers and maybe even lawyers, too. As a telemarketer, the player would be given a list of random numbers of players currently in-game, and they would go through every and each number by calling them personally and asking them if they would be interested in purchasing a certain kind of a product. For every number called that has successfully been answered by the other party, the telemarketer would receive a modest sum of money. If the other player agreed to purchase the item, the telemarketer would receive a small commission of the sale price. That way the workers could interact with other players, possibly providing both parties with some cool role-play.

As for the lawyer position, it would basically be something for the people who are listed as lawyers on the State Bar. Only people with a valid lawyer license (currently awaiting implementation) would be able to take the job. These in-house lawyers would then work at the corporation, doing similar, perhaps a bit menial but rewarding tasks as the other office workers would do. This could potentially provide more role-play for people role-playing as lawyers since they could just go to the office and work from there, also providing them with a source of income in case there wouldn't be that many actual clients around.

These types of office jobs would be very refreshing for the server, especially when most of our in-game jobs revolve around driving and going through checkpoints.

Remorse.
Sicario
Sicario
Ingame name: Stomper Galvez

Post by Remorse. » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:26 am

Wonderful idea, I like it. People im sure in real life an office job would be boring just as much as this would be but you and your friends could add roleplay to this job just like maybe some people do with the fishing job, I know for a fact the fishing job is boring just putting in a command without any roleplay but some people get boats and go fishing together and go into detail with their roleplay just like many could do with this. Who knows maybe a faction could open up and use the building this implemented to as their offices which would add to their roleplay, be creative with it so its not boring.
All I want is money, all she want is me.
#FREEKODAK

Shaikh
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Kal

Post by Shaikh » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:43 am

I agree. This could have ample applications to legal RP. It could be used for legal factions who roleplay with interiors and perhaps registering a business under such a name would allow you to use the script. Supporting, server needs more scripted jobs.

Pwedmy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Hue unknown

Post by Pwedmy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:50 am

Amazing idea, I like it and sure it'd be a whole new thing to lsrp.
Sure this would be useful!

Surreal
Management

Post by Surreal » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:00 am

From a real office job to a fictional office job, I don't think I would be involved in this!

It may not involve "RP" but you can get away with doing other server jobs - like trucking - without interacting with others or explicitly role-playing anything around people. These jobs are what you make them, and this job plays well into the limitations we have for players to earn money. Everyone has a keyboard and can simulate data entry, and it's a mini-game to earn cash (whilst holding a relevant IC theme) for people that are interested. Not a bad idea.

Return to “Job Suggestions”