Thief Job - New Version

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

Syev
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Emil Seghpesdrosian

Re: Thief Job - New Version

Post by Syev » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Jimbo95 wrote:Maybe official factions can have a warehouse which re-enters stolen property into the market?

It'd go kind of like this: Somebody with the thief job steals something. He goes to a member of an official faction with access to that warehouse, and sells it to him. That member of an official faction then goes to the faction warehouse, and sells it there for a profit.

I think it's a lot better than selling to NPCs. It also adds an additional perk to official factions. :)

NPCs are probably placed there when no faction wants to take advantage of doing this.

TonySn0w
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by TonySn0w » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:32 am

I fully support this, it's interesting.

9TREYBLOODKID
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Young Trap Lord

Post by 9TREYBLOODKID » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:04 am

Interesting feedback.
9TREYBLOODKID wrote:Out with the old, in the with new.

[email protected]@n
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Fred.

Post by [email protected]@n » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:21 pm

If you steal clothes from a house you can sell them to ANY clothing stores, if you steal them from a clothing store you have to sell it to a different store. Don't steal them from BINCO then go to a different BINCO and sell them, that'd be non-rp and stupid

Thiefs usually sell their capture to other civillians, for a lower price than the original one. I'd say that only small time shops would buy something from a random guy.
The game is in the next way: you see an expensive pair of Nike shoes, but you don't wanna pay that much, so you get to this "guy" who could sell them for a lower price, our "guy" being the thief. If the shoes are 500$, the thief should sell them for 200$, for example.
On the other hand, there are a few more things that need to be adjusted on this main idea, and I'd really appreciate if something would be done about that. There's nothing to encourage illegal roleplay at the moment, you have to roleplay with /mes everything, gaining no money scriptwise.
The story of Chinezu' (click)

Ionut 'Chinezu' Cercelus - The Duduianu Clan - alive

Alfredo Prescozada - MS13 - No information available

Diego Etez -Deputy Sheriff Second Class- alive

Felix Toreno - Dead

lombaXian
Gangster
Gangster

Post by lombaXian » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:22 pm

FULLY SUPPORTING!That's a brilliant ideea you have right here!But,the rank system kinda kills me.Skill points would be more welcomed.

Gattsu
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: スパイク・スピーゲル

Post by Gattsu » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:52 am

I'm really supporting this idea, it gives low level criminals a way too start without getting guns etc involved, love it.

Sebzone
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Sebzone » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:21 am

not bad at all
Last edited by DRUNKY on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spamming. (Violating rule 5. No spamming.)

Lucius99
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Luke_Moscropp

Post by Lucius99 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:32 am

I like this idea it gets people which want to roleplay as crimals something better then just selling guns and drugs it also would have a big part in gangs they could set up a big robbery and this would make then able to make money from it.

Hotshot-Ross
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Hotshot-Ross » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:40 pm

why not making it possible without having the job? it should be a possiblity to everyone.
overall nice.

Sparkzor
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Sparkzor » Mon May 11, 2015 8:56 pm

Totally supporting this. Maybe I can add something too.

When you approach a house, business or whatever property you want to steal from, and see that it's locked, maybe you can add a screwdriver object, or a picklock which can be used to break in, or carefully unlock and do your job. When you approach the interior or the porch, you can write like /house breakin or /house pry and it should launch an unscramble window, much like unscrambling the words when starting engine, with a timer of course. If you fail to unscramble it the security will pop, depends on it's level (1, 2, 3, 4) and if you are lucky and the security level is low you can just try again. That goes only if you want to go in carefully. If you want to break in, depends on your thief level it will start a timer, and after the timer goes off you will be able to /enter and do your robbing job :D The problem is that when the timer starts, the security alarms will go off and this is going to force house owners to take care of their house security, too.

Another idea I got is that when you rob the furniture in a house, you can like approach an object and do /pickup just like picking up a crate from a factory for trucking, and transport it out from the house inside your car if it's possible to script. This way it will make thiefs to be more aware from going into public depends on what they rob and it would also alert the law enforcement if they see you. For smaller objects you could use like /placeinpocket or some kind of command which can allow you to store smaller objects inside your pocket. And they can be seen when you get /frisked

Monty
LS:RP Tester
LS:RP Tester

Post by Monty » Thu May 14, 2015 10:17 am

Supporting the idea
Last edited by Patrick on Thu May 14, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warned : Spamming
Keyvonte "Key" Pettis

SurSide
Mafia
Mafia

Post by SurSide » Fri May 15, 2015 8:42 am

As the leader of The Thieves I fully support this idea and I would love to see it implemented. However the only thing is, cars shouldn't disappear from people's stats. That is all.

#YOLO
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Corey_Teller

Post by #YOLO » Fri May 29, 2015 9:22 pm

I kinda like this idea, it will be unique but it needs few changes, able to steal like tires and much more. I support this.

Jody_Shak
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Jody_Shak » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:24 am

FracRacAcCtal wrote:Sorry about this but I do not support this job,
In general I do not like the idea of scripted jobs that much.
This job especially would require less interaction with people and more spamming commands, less /me's.
Seems more of an RPG-esque thing to me.

Whats wrong with job being scripted? You will still need to rp your actions. Plus people will be more carefull with their stuff.

Alonzo.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Alonzo. » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:34 pm

As long as the word unscramble is gone from /engine I am up for it.

Return to “Job Suggestions”