Thief Job - New Version

Moderators: Game Admins, LS-RP Testers, Junior Developers, Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

9TREYBLOODKID
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -
Ingame name: Young Trap Lord

Thief Job - New Version

Post by 9TREYBLOODKID » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:37 am

This job will be a way for criminals to make money without having to deal with drugs & guns because thats basically the only way they can make money on the server at the moment, if they want to be mechanics or trucking it doesn't fit into thier criminal roleplay, and of course you still need money as a criminal to buy cars,houses,accessories,weapons..etc. I think it will add a great addition of roleplay for criminals on the server such as mafia members, gang members, and hood rats. There will be ranks to this job wich will be explained later on. I think criminals can make money off of Cars,Furniture,Radios, clothes and just plain car parts. It would be alot of fun for the criminals also. Here is the ranking system:

Rank One: Pety Thief
The pety thief rank is the rank you will get as you join the job. You will be able to get this job in a hidden place, or a place such as the black market. My idea is the sewers behind the big ammunation on main street. There is a hidden door if you proceed through them wich would be a perfect place. Pety Theives can only steal Clothes. The main places you can find clothes are houses and clothing stores such as binco, ZIP, pro laps, and the other stores. If you steal clothes from a house you can sell them to ANY clothing stores, if you steal them from a clothing store you have to sell it to a different store. Don't steal them from BINCO then go to a different BINCO and sell them, that'd be non-rp and stupid. For every five clothing items you get you should gain Five hundred dollars.

Rank Two: Thief
The thief rank you will get after you make $10,000 in the rank Pety Thief. With this rank you can steal Radios and still clothes. You can take radios from places such as Stores, Garages, Houses, and cars. ((not xmr modded cars, certain cars set around for the job.)) You can sell radios in the black market, or you can sell them to the furniture store that you deliver to as trucks, House & Biz upgrading. For every radio you sell you should get 1,000. There should be a scripted line as you take the radio such as * Player_Name unscrews the radio, putting it into his bag. *

Rank Three: Sneaky Thief
This is the rank you will get after you make $15,000 dollars in the rank Thief. You can steal car parts,radios, and clothes. The way you steal car parts is to have a bat, you will get a checkpoint to a certain car somewhere in Los Santos, San Fierro, Or Las Venturas. You have to beat the car with a bat, and wait untill a part falls off onto the ground, the part is merely random. You will then take the part to the mod garage where you can sell it depending on the part, the price for each part will be up to the scripter.

Rank Four: Master Thief
This rank you can steal anything that I mentioned above, and deliver it the same way, the only new thing added will be cars, you can sell cars to dealerships for $5,000 each, but the player who owns it will not lose thier car entirely, it will go to their spawn point. This will incourage players to roleplay their cars realistcly, not leave them in a dark secluded area, unlocked.

Notes: I understand this will be very hard to script as I have tried it once before for another server and failed, but if it can be scripted I think it will be an amazing addition! Please leave your thoughts good or bad about it, but please, dont leave your opinion on how you think it will be hard to script, tell me how you like the idea.
9TREYBLOODKID wrote:Out with the old, in the with new.

Young
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Mark_Young

Re: Thief Job - New Version

Post by Young » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:00 am

Hm. I like this suggestion, there's a lot of interesting propositions. Let's see some player feedback and suggestions.

Rovan_White
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Rowan_White

Post by Rovan_White » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:24 pm

Fully supporting. Having ranks in that job will make it more attractive. As petty thief would like to be a master one.
Hopefully people will stop leaving their cars far away from their house or apartment complex they live in.

Kjay
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Kjay » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Supporting defenitely, i love the idea.
I was allready missing the thief job, but this one is even better!

GreenHaze
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by GreenHaze » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:41 am

NOT SUPPORTING. I'm sorry, I like the original theif job, whenever it's finished, I am really expecting it. Damian works to hard to add something we don't need. Don't try to fix what isn't broken. And the theif job isn't broken, just needs to come out of it's retirement.

Ultra
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -

Post by Ultra » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Well it's definitely better than the present thief job...

but the player who owns it will not lose thier car entirely, it will go to their spawn point.

So it would just be despawned and +1 dent?
Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories.

Sun Tzu

Ditch
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ditch » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:42 pm

I'd go with this if you added house robberies back in aswell, and letting people rob furniture and things would be cool.

Zalasso2
- Gold Member -
- Gold Member -

Post by Zalasso2 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:31 pm

Great proposition. I think that one of the ranks should be pickpocket - you take other players pockets - maybe 5%-10% of cash they have and you escape or you do it in other way like you talk to them, ask them for a lift or something and you fully Roleplay it.

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ferdinand » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:57 pm

Zalasso2 wrote:you take other players pockets - maybe 5%-10% of cash they have

That's never going to happen as it collides with robbery rules.

Indefinite Affiliation
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Indefinite Affiliation » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:20 pm

It needs some minor adjustments but overall I like the idea.

Kingsman
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: George Kingsman

Post by Kingsman » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:15 pm

I like the concept of being able to steal radios from cars but I'm doubting the idea that you'd like to see them set up all over LS, owned by nobody. I think it would get boring pretty fast for the thief as well as predictable for officers that could be just on the look-out in an unmarked car not so far away. Or are you thinking of making the cars from which a thief can steal spawn randomly? I don't see why this wouldn't be possible with other players their car. If the thief succeeds to steal the radio (which should be already a challenge), then the owner of the car wouldn't lose his XMR but get for instance +1 dent. I think we're trying to protect our possessions too much and spending too little attention on the cause-consequence relation that occurs IRL. If someone steals from your car, there is damage to your car. Hence the +1 dent and it would be a bigger motivation for civilians to communicate with LEO's to have the criminals/thiefs caught.

Overall this is a great idea. Would be an asset to the server to see this implemented but it needs some more reasoning in my opinion.

danzor
Mafia
Mafia

Post by danzor » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:39 pm

Zalasso2 wrote:Great proposition. I think that one of the ranks should be pickpocket - you take other players pockets - maybe 5%-10% of cash they have and you escape or you do it in other way like you talk to them, ask them for a lift or something and you fully Roleplay it.

Think of it 10% of 5 million is 500k..so all you have to do is find a guy who drives a bullet and rob him and boom you've got money, so no I'm not supporting that but with some tweaking and adjusting I support this new version of thief job.

Mile
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: I'm around

Post by Mile » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:39 pm

SpecialOps wrote:I like the concept of being able to steal radios from cars but I'm doubting the idea that you'd like to see them set up all over LS, owned by nobody. I think it would get boring pretty fast for the thief as well as predictable for officers that could be just on the look-out in an unmarked car not so far away. Or are you thinking of making the cars from which a thief can steal spawn randomly? I don't see why this wouldn't be possible with other players their car. If the thief succeeds to steal the radio (which should be already a challenge), then the owner of the car wouldn't lose his XMR but get for instance +1 dent. I think we're trying to protect our possessions too much and spending too little attention on the cause-consequence relation that occurs IRL. If someone steals from your car, there is damage to your car. Hence the +1 dent and it would be a bigger motivation for civilians to communicate with LEO's to have the criminals/thiefs caught.

Overall this is a great idea. Would be an asset to the server to see this implemented but it needs some more reasoning in my opinion.

Agreed^ that's a good point as well, but apart from that, i'm loving the idea, it would definitely be a great addition!
Last edited by Salem on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warned - Rule #5 Spamming

My Characters.

[spoiler]Reggie Higgins - Trenchtown Riverton Kings - Travelled.
Benny Banks - East Seville Boulevard Families. - Dead
Vladislav Komarov - Beogradski Klan - Out of Town
Mozart Jacobson - Choppa City - New Orleans
Aleksandr Khabalov - Brigada Kabanova - Away
Dedrick Meadrows - Crystal Gardens Projects - Away
Tai Tseung - Insane Mob Piru - Away
Willie Underwood - Grape Street Compton Crips - Moved out
Bobby Atkinson - Devil Town Families - Away
Patrick Pope - Essex Boys - Away
[/spoiler]

Machette
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Machette » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:04 pm

From my point of view this is a good sugestion , better then how it is now , people can make some money in a illegal way other then selling guns or packages , or like he said, being a trucker , and seems fun also.
We should see this suggestion i think implemented as fast as possible.
/support
MACHETE

FracRacAcCtal
Civilian
Civilian

Post by FracRacAcCtal » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 am

Sorry about this but I do not support this job,
In general I do not like the idea of scripted jobs that much.
This job especially would require less interaction with people and more spamming commands, less /me's.
Seems more of an RPG-esque thing to me.

Return to “Job Suggestions”