[GUIDE] Now What?

All old Questions / Technical Support topics are moved here. You can search this section for an answer to a question also, if you wish.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Junior Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Slosten
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

[GUIDE] Now What?

Post by Slosten » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:00 am

Now What?
A guide for beginners by Slosten

Los Santos Roleplay is a very popular server. Around five people register every day, and more than TWO HUNDRED people are online during peak times! With all these people, the testers and administrators go through quite a lot. Many people will constantly break the rules, and new players always need help! Let's go over a few of the basics so you don't have to bother them quite as much.

I registered my account, and it was accepted! Now what do I do?

You go ingame! Once your application is accepted, you may connect to the server using the name you registered with. Once you connect, you will be asked to supply your password. This is the password that you included while registering on the User Control Panel, also known as the UCP.

Once you've logged in, you will spawn at the airport.

Okay, I'm at the airport. Now what?

You need to get a job. To do so, walk over to the bench with the spinning yellow "i" in front of it. Walk into the icon and do /newspaper. You will be given a list of available jobs. I'd like to note that the Mechanic job pays the most every hour, which is why most people get it. Don't let money keep you from doing something you'll truly enjoy, however!

After you've chosen your job, a marker will be placed on your map.

Alright, I chose a job and it's marked on my map. Now what?

Now you have to get to it! You have three options:

A. You can walk
B. You can drive a rental car
C. You can call for a taxi

I'd like to drive a rental car.

Alright, it's simple. Make your way to the parking lot (which you can find on your map). Around four rental cars will spawn in the parking lot regularly. They have an unlimited amount of fuel, are not locked, and have the engine on. However, PLEASE do not use these vehicles inappropriately! Even if they aren't yours, you should treat them as if they are.

There aren't any rental cars!

That's alright! Keep in mind, you aren't the only new player. Others might connect and get to the rental cars before you have a chance to. If that happens, just go with option C!

To call for a taxi, you'll need a cellphone. You can buy one at a 24/7. After you get a cellphone, use the command /call 544. Then just tell them where you are, and they'll pick you up! Keep in mind that taxi drivers will charge you for the ride.

How do I get to a 24/7?

Simple! Look around for buildings with a spinning yellow "i". These buildings are "businesses," which means you can enter them. To enter a business, stand in the spinning icon and type "/enter". There are many types of businesses, such as:

Convenience Stores
Gas Stations
Restaurants
Clubs
Component Factories
Hospitals
Police Precincts

And much more!

I lost money when I entered a business!

Some businesses charge entrance fees. That means when you walk in, a small amount of money will be removed from you and deposited in the owner's bank account. When you walk into a spinning icon, a message will pop up with the business name, owner's name, and entrance fee. That way, you know whether it's worth paying or not!

I'm in a 24/7 but I don't know how to buy a phone. Now what?

Use the /buy command. A list will pop up with available objects. Select the item you wish to purchase (in this case, a cellphone) and click Cart. Then, when you're ready to leave, click Checkout. It will ask you to confirm your purchase. Click Confirm. You now have a cellphone!

I called for a cab, but they're not coming!

Cab drivers aren't always on duty. If no one responds to your call, you'll have to walk or find a rental car. Sorry!

I called for a cab, and they came. Now what?

Tell them where you want to go. If you aren't sure where the job is, open your map and move your cursor to the red blip. It will show you on the bottom right corner where the job is. After that, just tell the cab driver what it said.

He dropped me off at the job. Now what?

You should see another spinning icon nearby. Walk into it and use the command it tells you to use. Then, you'll be employed!

I'm employed, now what?

Do your job! If you're not sure how, use /jobhelp, and it will give you helpful hints.

I've been playing for an hour, and it just said "payday" on my screen. What does that mean?

Every hour, paydays are given out. You will receive a certain amount based on what job you have. To collect your payday, go to the bank in Rodeo (across the street from the tunnels and the country club) and go inside. You'll notice yet another spinning icon. Walk into it, and you will receive your money!

So is this all I do? Do my job and earn money?

Of course not! The main aspect is to roleplay. Meet new people, talk to them, interact. Maybe even join a faction (a group of roleplayers dedicated to roleplaying in a specific manner). There are many different factions, and they range from street gangs to mafias to police officers! Once you join a faction, they'll help you figure out the rest.

To be continued.
Last edited by thinker on Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Outdated

Dagino
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: [GUIDE] Now What?

Post by Dagino » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Useful guide and clearly written, nice job.
七転び八起き

Ientile
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Michael Beiler

Post by Ientile » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Quality guide, Pat.

Slosten
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Slosten » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:31 am

To be honest I thought it made the server seem like a moneygrub server, or whatever the fuck they're called.

I wrote it out of boredom, but I'm glad it seems useful.

Decker
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Carl Decker

Post by Decker » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:50 pm

Pretty decent, alot of effort put into it.
Carl Decker

Rasmus
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Vince

Post by Rasmus » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Nice guide, good read.
I, Rasmus, will join the probation group in order to serve my debt to Los Santos Role Play. I choose to follow the rules inside of the group as followed. I am fully aware that the tasks involved can change and or even expand as the leads see fit. I will agree to a ban if I can not fufill the groups purpose!

Decker
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Carl Decker

Post by Decker » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:38 am

Stickied.
Carl Decker

Zwips
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ingame name: Antonio Bocaletti

Post by Zwips » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:46 am

Might be handy, if any newcommers ever read at the forum.
-Let's hope they do.

Crystal_Owa

Post by Crystal_Owa » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Nice Beginners guide :wink:

Juannio_Rivera

Post by Juannio_Rivera » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:04 pm

ok how do i get to play the game i pss the test i read the rules I NEED TO KNOW WERE DO I GET TO PLAY :?: :?: :?: :cry: :? :shock: :( :?: :cry: :? :shock: :shock: PLZ HELP ME

blacksmith
Mafia
Mafia

Post by blacksmith » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:27 pm

Here is info for you: http://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=80117

P.S great job.

viking24
Mafia
Mafia

Post by viking24 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:39 am

Very useful guide,4 thumb for ya :D
I, viking24, will join the probation scheme in order to serve my debt to Los Santos Role Play. I am here to help around on the LS:RP forum board among other tasks. I choose to follow the rules inside the scheme. I fully understand I am liable to return back to my original punishment should I not be fulfilling my purpose in the scheme.

GotOnce
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Tohopka_Akecheta

Post by GotOnce » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:28 pm

You don't have to buy a cellphone from the 24/7 anymore, but other then that, nice guide. ;)
CERTIFIED NICKI MINAJ BOOTYIST. ♫
FoCoTDM TESTER.

McFrenzie
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by McFrenzie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:06 pm

except atleast 30 people register everyday and there are 400 people during peak time :P

Breakdown
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: D.Wallace+M.Brigance

Post by Breakdown » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Juannio_Rivera wrote:ok how do i get to play the game i pss the test i read the rules I NEED TO KNOW WERE DO I GET TO PLAY :?: :?: :?: :cry: :? :shock: :( :?: :cry: :? :shock: :shock: PLZ HELP ME

Look up THE server IP
add it to your samp
click connect?
CURRENT CHARACTERS:
Spoiler: show
DARONTAY WALLACE
Selling his drugs to people

FAITH KAJOMA
Free-running all around Los Santos

JOHN TRUELOVE
Walking around, looking for fun

Return to “Q&TS Archive”