"Server Closed Connection" message

All old Questions / Technical Support topics are moved here. You can search this section for an answer to a question also, if you wish.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Junior Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Dec
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

"Server Closed Connection" message

Post by Dec » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:02 am

Please read the ENTIRE post and try EVERY step before posting your own thread in this forum.

If you log onto the server and you see "Server Closed Connection" (see screenshot below) then there may be some vital things you have not yet done to enable you to play on our server.

Spoiler: show

Reasons for seeing the message can be either of the following:
  • You are using the wrong version of SAMP
  • You have not yet registered a character on our server
  • Your application has not yet been accepted by our tester team
  • You are using an incorrect name through SAMP
  • Your IP is currently banned.

Please check the following steps IN ORDER to try and rule out any of the above. If this still does not solve your issue then please make a thread in this forum with your ingame name, a screenshot of your open SAMP and a screenshot of the "Server Closed Connection" message. Only do this if you have done ALL of the following steps:

1) Make sure you are using the correct version of SAMP. Download the most up-to-date version here: http://www.sa-mp.com/download.php - We are currently on SAMP 0.3.7 RC3-3 and thus your most up-to-date client version should be 0.3.7 RC3-3

2) Make an account on http://www.ls-rp.com and then create a character (GUIDE ME). This is an application stage and you must submit an application which will be reviewed by our tester team.

3) Check that your application has been accepted. If it has been denied, you will receive a message telling you so. Log out of your UCP and then back in to see whether it has been denied or not. If you see a control panel when logging in, it means you have been accepted and can now start playing on the server. If it has been denied follow the instructions on what you have missed and amend your application for re-submital.

4) Put this character name into the SAMP username box EXACTLY how it is in your application, including the "_" between your first name. Remember capitalization is very important here. John_Smith is NOT the same as john_smith.

5) If all of the above does not work then your IP is most likely banned. You will still be able to log into your UCP as your character may not be banned, but your IP still is, and thus the server will close the connection. Possible reasons for this is that if you have recently been banned, you may not have been unbanned correctly. Speak to the admin/tester who unbanned you and remind them to unban your IP from the server. You may also have another character which has been banned. You may also have had a friend or relative playing with your IP and have got it banned (hence why account sharing is a big no-no here). Or simply you might just be playing on an IP which has been banned by someone else (if you have a dynamic IP address or are using public networks) Even if you are not sure if you are banned or not, post an unban appeal HERE. The worst that can happen is an admin will tell you that you are not banned. SPECIFICALLY state that you have the "Server Closed Connection" message and remind them to check all your IPs. Some members of staff will just check your name and state you aren't banned. Make sure they are checking everything!

99.9% of all cases of "Server Closed Connection" are for point 5 above. MAKE A BAN APPEAL AND STATE YOU NEED THEM TO CHECK YOUR IPs. Only make a thread in this forum once you have done this!

If, and only if, the above steps do not work then please make your own thread in this forum. Please provide the following in your thread:

1) Your IG Name
2) Your IP Address
3) A screenshot of your open SAMP, before you join the server
4) A screenshot of the "Server Closed Connection" screen.
5) A link to your ban appeal
I currently hold this title:
First person ever in LSRP history to go from Level 1 admin --> Lead Admin TWICE

ZuluWarrior
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Money MADE Dro

Re: "Server Closed Connection" message

Post by ZuluWarrior » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:33 pm

Another reason is when the server is full, even though most people know that some don't.

The Kobe Spirit
Gangster
Gangster

Post by The Kobe Spirit » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:52 am

ZuluWarrior wrote:Another reason is when the server is full, even though most people know that some don't.

Negative. When the server is full, it clearly says it is full.

JockDean
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by JockDean » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:06 am

The Kobe Spirit wrote:
ZuluWarrior wrote:Another reason is when the server is full, even though most people know that some don't.

Not exactly, last time when I've crashed (during the peak time = server was full) I was trying to relog. Instead of server full, the "Server closed connection" message have popped up, and no, I wasn't banned/changed name on the sa-mp browser/internet connection has died, nothing wrong, just because the fact that there was no vacant slot on the server.

Queen
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Queen » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:35 am

JockDean wrote:
The Kobe Spirit wrote:

Not exactly, last time when I've crashed (during the peak time = server was full) I was trying to relog. Instead of server full, the "Server closed connection" message have popped up, and no, I wasn't banned/changed name on the sa-mp browser/internet connection has died, nothing wrong, just because the fact that there was no vacant slot on the server.

Confirming.
this is a better signature.

Snowflame
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: TATAR

Post by Snowflame » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:56 am

JockDean wrote:
The Kobe Spirit wrote:

It kicked you because of reserved slots, when it reaches 500 it will say it's full.
ja tebja merc bum bum bum

Pedrowwy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Pedrowwy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:30 pm

When the number is reaching 490, you'd see the same message "Server Closed Connection" due to slot reservation, happened to me yesterday.

Algebra
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Algebra » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:22 am

Pedrowwy wrote:When the number is reaching 490, you'd see the same message "Server Closed Connection" due to slot reservation, happened to me yesterday.

Confirmed, seems like the last 10 slots are for admins/testers to log into.

Hilay321
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Mental issues

Post by Hilay321 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:38 am

All of these facts aren't working for me.
Anatoly Pavlovic - Moujoukine Bratstvo.

" To be huge, you need to start small "

Dec
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dec » Mon May 27, 2013 9:04 am

Hilay321 wrote:All of these facts aren't working for me.

If, and only if, the above steps do not work then please make your own thread in this forum.
I currently hold this title:
First person ever in LSRP history to go from Level 1 admin --> Lead Admin TWICE

BrawlX
Civilian
Civilian

Post by BrawlX » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:58 am

let's say if you crash. A error message would pop up saying if you want to send this error message. Image. If you ignore that message SA-MP will think you are still on that server. If you log onto that same account on a different computer, it will say "Server Closed Connection". So click "Don't Send".
Jermaine Gordon: DEAD
Craig Thompson:ALIVE

GoldenEye
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by GoldenEye » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:56 pm

Read my recently posted thread, it may be another reason to the list.

awwwesomedeer

Post by awwwesomedeer » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:49 am

1) Elijah Blackwood
2) 176.65.127.235
3)

4)

add: 176.65.127.0/24 — network
Last edited by awwwesomedeer on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Young
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Mark_Young

Post by Young » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:52 am

awwwesomedeer wrote:1) Elijah Blackwood
2) 176.65.127.235
3)

4)

You haven't registered an account on the server. You can find a guide on how to do that in the original post, step number two.

awwwesomedeer

Post by awwwesomedeer » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:55 am

Young wrote:
awwwesomedeer wrote:1) Elijah Blackwood
2) 176.65.127.235
3)

4)

You haven't registered an account on the server. You can find a guide on how to do that in the original post, step number two.

I have.

Return to “Q&TS Archive”