Read before you help!

All old Questions / Technical Support topics are moved here. You can search this section for an answer to a question also, if you wish.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Junior Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Xhiroz
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Read before you help!

Post by Xhiroz » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:35 pm

This is to all the helpers posting unnecessary solutions for people requiring help, for example "IG script related help" I've seen people posting "re-install your GTA SA" that's just not acceptable and you will be warned if you do it.

Quoting the "If your thread needs to be archived please add [RL&A] to the thread title." on someones topic -- You will be warned for that aswell, topic creators aren't blind, they know what to do after someone comes up with a solution and it gets fixed. Everyone that is backseat moderating and posting useless solutions from now on will be warned.

This also goes for reminding people to lock their topic, they don't need to be reminded they know they have the button to do it and as said you will be warned.
LT DET REGINALD HARRIS
DET SGT DAVID AGUILAR
LSPD GANG UNIT

Dustball.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Re: Read before you help!

Post by Dustball. » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:32 pm

Bumping.

Informal warnings dished out. If you're not sure if someone posted the same solution, scroll up please. Don't repeat a solution or you will be forum warned.

Marky
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Marky » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:55 am

Bumpity bump, seen this happen all too often.
'Reinstall' is not a correct response, most people want an alternative to reinstalling. If it's seriously the only option, then explain that, rather than a one or two word answer!

Also, don't post the same solution 10 times, once it's been answered wait for the creator to respond before posting it. Warning will be handed out for spamming.

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:52 pm

Bumping this once again, i'm seeing people doing this constantly and quite frankly people don't seem to be reading the threads. Warnings will be dished out to those who fail to listen to this guideline.
Game Administrator
Police Officer I Landry Franklin
Retired Sergeant II Jacob "Franky" Franklin

Fergie
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: 43616c76696e2046657267757

Post by Fergie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:46 pm

Yet another bump. People NEED to read this thread before helping out others. I've seen tons of people posting "Just re-install your GTA" lately. As stated in the first post, it doesn't help anyone when you say that. As it continues, forum warnings will be handed out. The more forum warning you have, the bigger the chance of a forum ban some day. So be mindful when you're trying to help and actually give out answers. Don't try to just boost your post count.

This especially goes for people on Probation. Your probation manager(s) will be notified if you continue to spam the same thing on each thread.
ImageImage
Fergie
Former Game Admin
IRC Name: Fergie
PM Me
About Me
Mapping Showcase
L
I
T
T
L
E
H
I
D
D
E
N
S
P
A
C
E
R
L
I
T
T
L
E
H
I
D
D
E
N
S
P
A
C
E
R

Adorn.
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Adorn. » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Xhiroz wrote:Quoting the "If your thread needs to be archived please add [RL&A] to the thread title." on someones topic -- You will be warned for that aswell, topic creators aren't blind, they know what to do after someone comes up with a solution and it gets fixed. Everyone that is backseat moderating and posting useless solutions from now on will be warned.

This also goes for reminding people to lock their topic, they don't need to be reminded they know they have the button to do it and as said you will be warned.
Happening too much and it's been reminded too many times. I'm just going to start deleting these sort of posts and consquences will be handed out accordingly.
Fergie wrote:This especially goes for people on Probation. Your probation manager(s) will be notified if you continue to spam the same thing on each thread.

Return to “Q&TS Archive”