Graffiti System:

Outdated or disused scripts will be placed in here. Please note - these scripts are no longer used ingame!

Moderators: Junior Developers, Senior Lead Admins, Developers

Damian
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Graffiti System:

Post by Damian » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:12 am

Technical overview
Script name: SprayTag
Script author(s): DamianC
Authors comment: I revamped the graffiti system entirely. The old graffiti system, while great, was completely static and therefor wasn't much room for expansion and creativity. It's nice to spray but it just becomes quite repetitive to spray over the same spot with the same image everyday, the feature loses a bit of life in the longrun and quickly at that. Which is exactly what happened to the old system, and vanished it did.

Now with 0.3e improvements and new features I finally got another chance at rejuvenating the life of vandalizing all over Los Santos! Your messages towards other rival factions are now able to be more explicit, pure, and generally straight to the point; which I felt the old system lacked amazingly.
Script description
  • You need to be in an official gang faction to use this feature.
  • You can't spray where-ever you want. Only at pre-set spray location.
  • All the San Andreas default spray objects have been removed from the map to clear confusion.
  • It will cost a person $25 per spray- to cover paint cost ICly.
  • You need these fonts installed for the full experience- or else all you will see is Arial font ;(.
  • FONTS FOUND HERE
General information
  • /graffiti
    This menu is your setup menu for all the sprays you will be performing around the city. This information does not save so it is advised you head here before you begin your spraying around the city. The contents of this system:
      Pick A Graffiti Image
        Rather than being stuck with one spray per faction a member can now pick which ever spray they want. Could be useful for framing other factions, generally liking another faction, or whatever message that is wish to be sent out.
      Want Custom Text Instead?
        If you'd rather a verbal message be graffiti'd then you use this option instead. Write in what you want, spray the wall, and it will be displayed for everyone to see.
        *This feature supports the (b) bbcode!
      Pick A Font
        If using a verbal message as a tag, then use this feature for different styles of text. Once again you need to have the custom fonts downloaded to have the full experience.
Damian Calhoun
Manager
Head of Staff
Head of Boards
Head of Development
SA:MP BetaTester '06
Tester Information:
Information About Applying.
Head of Mapping.
Contact Information
IRC.
PM me!