Damian
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Advertisement

Post by Damian » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:07 am

Technical overview
Script name: Adverts
Script author(s): DamianC
Authors comment: Oh advertisements! Who doesn't love them? Better question is who hasn't made an advertisement at one point or another during their time here on LS-RP? Advertisements has and will always be vital towards business, sales, and general interaction with the server. It's your general doorway to roleplay on the server so it only makes sense when you see a flood of green text throughout the day. It's more than a want to perform an advert it's practically a need.

With more players joining this server every month it's really starting to grind people's gears seeing so many adverts. Really can't blame either side though. One side just doesn't want to be spammed, the other side knows it requires persistence to get what you want around here. Perfectly understandable points from both sides. Especially with a donator perk of being able to do adverts more oftenly than others I just knew it wouldn't be right to crack down on it or make anyone feel bad.

What adverts have been lacking is a huge lack of venue to perform adverts. They've been constricted towards /ad, /cad, and /shout'n hoping to catch someone's attention. That's what I wanted in this revision and future revisions of the advertisement system. Just multiple ways to get your adverts out to the people on the streets without spamming /cad and /ad. So if you like it and want to think of more ways to contribute please let me know!
Script description:
    Car Signs:
      You buy the car advert sign from the computer cafe area in the mall.
      You get inside a car and.../carsign [text]! That's it. The ad will attach to your back bumper, so you can make little For Sales signs, personal ads, etc! Let your mind wonder. The ad rules still apply so attaching silly things to your car will get you punished.
      Image (Will get a better screen later :s)

MOTD:
      Business owners and or people who workon a business will be able to /motd [1-4] [motd-text]. So when people walk inside the establishment they will see the messages on entrance. So owners of businesses this can be a good new source of income for you- offering adspace in respond for money! Let your mind wonder!
Damian Calhoun
Manager
Head of Staff
Head of Boards
Head of Development
SA:MP BetaTester '06
Tester Information:
Information About Applying.
Head of Mapping.
Contact Information
IRC.
PM me!