[CRIME] CCW Holder Stops Active Shooter, Raising Questions

The San Andreas Network is an independent network; everything to do with them, including recent articles, about shows, employee biographies and employment, is found inside!
Elvira
Senior Forum Moderator
Ingame name: Scarlett Warren

[CRIME] CCW Holder Stops Active Shooter, Raising Questions

Post by Elvira » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:03 am

ARTICLESEMPLOYMENTREAL ESTATEJOBSVEHICLESWEEKLY CIRCULARSGOVERNMENT PUBLICATIONSPLACE AD

CCW Holder Stops Active Shooter, Raising Questions
By Manuela Torres | October 10, 2017

George Anthony pictured on the left, crouched.
At around 11:30 PM October 2nd, 2017, a male exited his vehicle with a 12 gauge shotgun and began to open fire. That's when a concealed carry permit holder named George Anthony pulled out his weapon. Anthony fired 3 times, striking the offender to incapacitate him. It is unclear at this time what brought on the violent act by the offender in question.

Anthony later gave a statement after the situation was handed over to police. He stated that, "I think it's my job as a concealed carry permit holder to defend myself and others in times of need."

Is this kind of civilian intervention just what we need when seconds matter, or could it have been handled by the Police just as easily? Please comment below your thoughts on how you feel about CCW license holders intervening during a situation where the police are not there, and seconds matter.

The Police Department have not made a statement regarding the incident.

Code: Select all

[b]COMMENT by[/b] [Insert Username]
[b]Email:[/b] [Insert E-mail] 
[b]Comment:[/b] [Insert Comment]
I'll reject ya first

$Money$
Mafia
Mafia

Re: [CRIME] CCW Holder Stops Active Shooter, Raising Questions

Post by $Money$ » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:04 pm

COMMENT by RJMalone
Email: [email protected]
Comment: Great to see citizens using their CCW's for what they're supposed to be used for.

DrillsShotColla
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Jamari_Bennett

Post by DrillsShotColla » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:17 am

COMMENT by RBec_Schults
Comment: It's a good thing we have people like Anthony, someone has to step up and do whats right!

ZoReM
Civilian
Civilian

Post by ZoReM » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:39 am

COMMENT by Sofie Armstrong
Comment: Great to know there are some people who cared about the civilians.
Image Sofie Armstrong - Regular Character

climerman
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Wesley Rich

Post by climerman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:00 pm

COMMENT by Mr Rich
Comment: I have been in a similar situation as CCW holder. In my opinion CCW holders are what makes this city more safe from global threats, speaking not only about our city's high crime level, but also terrorism threat that is widely caused by our country's recent actions. If we look to blame someone, we should look up higher, towards the White House and the Pentagon. Other than that I fully support the firearms related laws that help this city be safe for all the honest, law abiding citizens.
common sense is extinct

tjofi
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Kyle_Danger

Post by tjofi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:40 pm

COMMENT by tjofi
Comment: As an ex-CCW holder, I would advise the maximum caution while deciding when to discharge your firearm as I got my license revoked for shooting at a roadtrain driver who was accelerating into a crowd at one of the most populated areas, the Mall, but since the area is not covered by surveillance cameras, the police took the driver's word for granted and revoked my license for unlawful discharge, therefor violating the carry permit terms and conditions.
Basically the driver of the truck, knowing there was no evidence, said he was simply going to park his truck at the mall parking lot and the police took my license away. The appeal was denied as the officer was apparently head of licensing or something like that.