Custom Entrance & Mapping Requests for Businesses

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Custom Entrance & Mapping Requests for Businesses

Post by Surreal » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:48 pm

Hello everyone,

We are going to be trialling a new feature for business owners, as well as making "mapping" more readily available for business owners. These two features bring new role-play and immersion opportunities to scripted businesses and the people that role-play around them. This may be extended to special properties (like apartment complexes, certain houses, houses that have been furnished to double as "businesses", etc) or other use-cases in the future but, for now, will be trialled on scripted owned and leased businesses to see how it works out.

You may now request one custom enter/exit point for any scripted business. This means you can have another location to /enter and /exit your business in addition to the main entrance that is marked by the floating "i" icon at the door. A typical usage scenario for this feature is as a "back door" for the business, or for rooftop access when it is appropriate. This enter/exit point (it can also be an /elevator) can either be requested on any doors that already exist on the outside of the building, or we can add a door for you if it's in a sensible spot. The location of your custom enter/exit point must be realistic in relation to where it is on the inside of the business, and where it is on the outside of the business.

You may now also request objects for the outside of your business. These should be small in number and tasteful. A typical usage scenario for this feature is adding tables, chairs, cctv cameras, bins and any other objects that are sensible for the exterior of a building. In most cases, people have been requesting tables and chairs outside of their business to facilitate further role-play opportunities and to attract customers.

These features can be added quickly by myself, thanks to the recent "persistent admin spawned objects" update.

Visit this forum section to post requests and find the format to post a request.

Both of these features will be free.

Thank you,
Surreal
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: Custom Entrance & Mapping Requests for Businesses

Post by Surreal » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:53 pm

We'll need to increase the amount of objects allowed by the "persistent objects" script, since this is still a new system on trial. Please continue to lodge your requests in the business changes section and I'll get to them as soon as possible. Otter will look at handling that change tonight.
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:06 pm

The issue has been resolved. I will continue to set these up. Contact me via PM with any issues. Thank you!

2007 — 2019.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:45 am

Businesses that intend to use the location for a long period of time can also request custom text on their building. For an example of that, check Police 54th Station or The Avalon Vinewood. If you're a business owner and your business isn't moving any time soon, feel free to request this.

Contact me for more information on that via private message.

2007 — 2019.

Return to “Announcements”