Version 10.6.3 — December 29th 2017

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

otter
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Version 10.6.3 — December 29th 2017

Post by otter » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:15 pm

Hey,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and is enjoying the festive season! As you can probably tell by now: I'm back. I needed time to pull some things together outside of LS:RP and I think a break is healthy for everyone. It's easy to find yourself far too invested in things sometimes and the best way to deal with it is to take a step back and gather some perspective. I'm feeling more positive now and I'm ready to contribute what I can to the community again. The recent purge of the suggestions board has made everything far more manageable and I do not intend on letting it fall back into an undesirable state. They are going to be handled far more frequently than they have been in the past and this revision, as basic as it is, addresses some of the ones I've come across in the last few days. I'd love to hear the ideas that you guys have and will make an effort to engage in far more discussion in the board.

I've been in communication with Davis and he is currently working on an implementation of drug production facilities. I'm working closely with him to ensure that he's comfortable with the drug script and will continue to offer him support. Before I left, I made a general discussion thread about some changes to vehicle system that I was interested in exploring. This will be one of the next things on my agenda. Aside from that, I will be handling general suggestions and finalizing another project I had in the works prior to my recent departure. If you have any questions about the development team or anything we're working on, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Tackling

I've always been interested in exploring a solution to the age-old issue of tackling other players. If done wrong, this kind of feature can introduce very RPGish elements and would only work against the best interests of the community. Instead, I've opted for a system wherein typing /tackle toggles a so-called "tackling mode". When this mode is enabled, your punches will register as attempted tackles. If you successfully punch another player, a message will appear on their screen which notifies them of your attempt. As well as this, an emote is sent to the chat which describes the attempt to those around you. Whenever you attempt a tackle, you are forced into a diving animation. This prevents abuse and addresses the issue of players just swinging around aimlessly.

This should be a fantastic accessory to roleplay and ensures that your typical arguments are avoided. No more "you weren't close enough to me", no more "I didn't see your /me". Tweaks may be made to this in response to feedback, but for now - this should serve as a positive implementation. Just to clarify: there are no animations forced on the victim of a tackle. If a player chooses to ignore the tackle, make a report - there are tools in place for administrators to keep track of who tackled who. Thanks to Leech for the inspiration.

Opening Car Doors

I'm implementing a /opendoor command that will allow players to open a vehicle's door whilst standing next to it. This is a purely aesthetic implementation and will simply allow for more immersion in scenes to which it applies. As far as I know, there can be some unexpected behaviour associated with this feature on a SAMP wide level. We'll see how it goes, but I'll be looking out for any majorly inconvenient bugs. Unfortunately, it was not possible for the command's functionality to extend to use inside a vehicle.

Vehicle OOC Chat

There's always been a blurred line between what's classed as in-character and out-of-character when in a vehicle. People have always used /cw to communicate with each other in both ways and this has caused a number of issues in the past. I'm throwing in an OOC vehicle chat (/cb) that can be used for any OOC conversation within a vehicle. With this in mind, /cw is now strictly for in-character use.

Taser Range

People have often complained about the range that tasers have on the server. I got together with Surreal & Davis and we decided to put different distances to the test. Before this update, the taser range was 25.0 meters; that range will be decreased to 15.0 meters. This will make a great deal of difference to your day-to-day interactions and players are now on a far more even playing field.

Emote Whilst Hotwiring

There has never been a way to identify whether a player is trying to hotwire a vehicle. From now, those within a 10.0 meter radius of a vehicle that is being hotwired will be able to see an emote above the player. When the operation is cancelled, this emote disappears.

Version 10.6.3 will be deployed to the main server on December 29th 2017.

The full change-log can be found below.
PADDING
PADDING
  • Additions:
    PADDING
    [+] /tackle
    [+] /opendoor
    [+] /cb
  • Changes:
    PADDING
    [~] Taser range reduced from 25.0 meters to 15.0 meters.
    [~] A player will now have an emote over their head when hotwiring a vehicle, this is visible within 10.0 units.
  • Fixes:
    PADDING
    [/] Fixed an issue where those with faction vehicle tow ability could tow any faction's vehicles.
PADDING
PADDING
Happy Holidays,
otter

papanomaly
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Kiara Hilton

Re: Version 10.6.3 — December 29th 2017

Post by papanomaly » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:23 pm

Good one.

insignificant
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by insignificant » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:24 pm

Splendid. Happy holidays!

Flip
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Flip » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:24 pm

Looks like a nice update. Great way to return Otter, welcome back!

Sicario
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Administering Euthanasia

Post by Sicario » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 pm

Looks good.

barneymk
BMW

Post by barneymk » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 pm

Welcome back, solid update.

Gibbz
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Gibbs Brown

Post by Gibbz » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:29 pm

Nice. Love the tazer range update!

owen
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by owen » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:32 pm

Love it. The car doors and car commands are really sweet, the taser too - will make or break certain law enforcement situations.
Last edited by owen on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bailey
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Jeffery

Post by Bailey » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:38 pm

Great job.

Cayl
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Cayl » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:40 pm

Glad to see the update, keep it up.

Grandpa.
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Grandpa. » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:42 pm

Looks great!

Psycho
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Psycho » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:45 pm

Very nice!

Djokac
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Nate Walsh

Post by Djokac » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:47 pm

Good update :)

ezkNYNE
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by ezkNYNE » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:49 pm

So, in a nutshell, this is a gutting to Car Thief because of the emote. Remove smashed doors and cone hat above the stolen car's roof and people will start using Car Thief more often. If you want to fight against the abuse of not role-playing breaching into a car, then, make fair changes for car thieves.

Gary_Ojeda
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Gary_Ojeda » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:50 pm

Nice to see some suggestions getting added, great work otter.

Return to “Announcements”