Suggestions Reopened

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development
Ingame name: Lucas Foreman

Suggestions Reopened

Post by Mmartin » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:01 pm

Suggestions

Back when we closed the suggestion board early this year, the plan was to go over all of them and individually judge them to see whether they're fit for implementation or not. This, given the current state of our priorities, has proven to be a catastrophically bad idea. Majority of the suggestions have been executed one way or another, don't fit the current climate and age, relate to systems that are no longer in place and so on.

Because of that, we decided to go for a more efficient way out, because I personally can't justify keeping the forum locked any longer only because I don't have the time to go over hundreds and hundreds of topics and give each of them the attention it deserves. A new forum has been created for suggestions. My goal is to make handling suggestion threads more of a day-to-day thing for the development team, rather than having them collect and go over them once in a blue moon when we need a source of inspiration.

That being said, there is still plenty of interesting and important ideas that have been suggested and discussed in the past. That's why the old forum is still available for everyone to see as a subsection of the main suggestion board, for everyone to be able to cross-reference their ideas if they need to. However, if you choose to do so, please provide your up-to-date take on the topic and then reference a thread where a discussion has already taken place, instead of just linking or copy-pasting the thread.

Full guidelines, or rather rules of the suggestion process can be found here (click me). Please keep in mind that suggestions might often be a mere source of inspiration for the developer executing them, and can almost never be expected to be replicated 1:1, unless they're very specific, small changes.

Kind regards,
Mmartin
Development Team

Return to “Announcements”