Security Update (2FA)

Important information will be posted here, news and old global announcements.
User avatar
0.0.0.0
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Security Update (2FA)

Post by 0.0.0.0 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:43 am

Has this been added or it in works? Also Where will it be located like the key?

User avatar
FamousCEO
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 960
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:39 am
Ingame name: Robert_Cornett

Re: Security Update (2FA)

Post by FamousCEO » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:54 am

I forgot my memorable word on the UCP, can it be deleted and I can somehow make a new one?

User avatar
ezkNYNE
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Posts: 8474
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:56 pm
Ingame name: Brandon Mazzanti
Location: Argentina, Buenos Aires.

Re: Security Update (2FA)

Post by ezkNYNE » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:28 am

chea wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:27 am
All those complaining are pathetic. Gonna be funny when your shit gets hacked on day and you'll be like damn should've used this marvelous security update instead of complaining. On topic, thank you Mmartin.
Never got hacked in my life, fortunately. But I lost my UCP account due to the security password being outdated and how clingy the system gets for it. I lost about three million thanks to it and plenty of characters with hours and hours spent into. It's always good to have your account secured, but when you get shit on by the security system, you kinda just wanna kick it.

Ventola
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Security Update (2FA)

Post by Ventola » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:25 am

So it's kind of same as Steam works.

User avatar
BinaryRun
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 4299
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Security Update (2FA)

Post by BinaryRun » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:29 am

Will this also replace the current 2FA email system?


By the way, I just tested and it also works fine with google autenticator, in case people don't want to install another app.

User avatar
Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development
Posts: 8178
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:05 pm
Ingame name: Lucas Foreman
Location: Basement

Re: Security Update (2FA)

Post by Mmartin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:08 pm

Ventola wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:25 am
So it's kind of same as Steam works.
Pretty much yeah. Except Steam has their own SteamGuard thing, which is proprietary and not standardized, so you can't add it to the rest of your auth keys.

Ventola
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Security Update (2FA)

Post by Ventola » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Mmartin wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:08 pm
Ventola wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:25 am
So it's kind of same as Steam works.
Pretty much yeah. Except Steam has their own SteamGuard thing, which is proprietary and not standardized, so you can't add it to the rest of your auth keys.
Yeah, realized that. Well done, thanks for implementing new stuff. I have one question, is mail system going to be fixed anyways? Because I still don't have access to my in-game account because it requires verification and the message simply doesn't send to my mail address.

User avatar
Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development
Posts: 8178
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:05 pm
Ingame name: Lucas Foreman
Location: Basement

Re: Security Update (2FA)

Post by Mmartin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Ventola wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:11 pm
Mmartin wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:08 pm
Ventola wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:25 am
So it's kind of same as Steam works.
Pretty much yeah. Except Steam has their own SteamGuard thing, which is proprietary and not standardized, so you can't add it to the rest of your auth keys.
Yeah, realized that. Well done, thanks for implementing new stuff. I have one question, is mail system going to be fixed anyways? Because I still don't have access to my in-game account because it requires verification and the message simply doesn't send to my mail address.
I did as much as I could with resolving that, the mails are sent but the mail server might be misconfigured so it gets flagged by some providers. I don't have access to that so I can't give you an ETA unfortunately.

However, I could make it so if you have the mobile 2FA set up, you verify through that instead of your email.

User avatar
Oaks.
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Posts: 3562
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Re: Security Update (2FA)

Post by Oaks. » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:49 pm

Does it have to be a QR code? I use bluestacks for all my authentications due to dropping my iPhone into a club toilet.

User avatar
Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development
Posts: 8178
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:05 pm
Ingame name: Lucas Foreman
Location: Basement

Re: Security Update (2FA)

Post by Mmartin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Oaks. wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:49 pm
Does it have to be a QR code? I use bluestacks for all my authentications due to dropping my iPhone into a club toilet.
Mmartin wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:39 pm
It also helps to write down the "secret code" given to you by the UCP when you're setting the 2FA up, this can be entered into the application manually (it's the same thing as scanning the QR code) and you'll be all set on your new phone/device.

User avatar
Oaks.
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Posts: 3562
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Re: Security Update (2FA)

Post by Oaks. » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Perfect, must of skimmed over that.

User avatar
Torez
Game Administrator
Posts: 4812
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Re: Security Update (2FA)

Post by Torez » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:06 pm

These security improvements are the best, keep them coming, Mmartin.

User avatar
Inimene123
- Silver Member -
- Silver Member -
Posts: 734
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:49 am
Ingame name: Chin Sang
Location: Estonia / Viljandi.

Re: Security Update (2FA)

Post by Inimene123 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:21 pm

So, basically if my phone likes fucking up and doesn't work properly and I want to join the tester/staff team eventually I won't be able to just because of this update? Damn... I hope I get a new phone eventually, as this thing looks a little too secure for me haaha.

User avatar
LMao Zedong
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:04 am
Ingame name: Paul_Evans
Location: East Germany

Re: Security Update (2FA)

Post by LMao Zedong » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:48 pm

FamousCEO wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:54 am
I forgot my memorable word on the UCP, can it be deleted and I can somehow make a new one?
Kind of the same like me. I forgot my secret word and registered for 2FA already. Can I somehow recover it?

User avatar
ZoReM
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:25 pm
Ingame name: Sofie_Armstrong
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: Security Update (2FA)

Post by ZoReM » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:01 pm

I tried to write the six-digit code and it's not working for me.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests