Server Sided Skins & Models!

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Hucko
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Austin Huckleberry

Re: Server Sided Skins & Models!

Post by Hucko » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 am

Iion wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:11 pm
KendrickDuckworth wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:45 pm
harmonylynx. wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:13 pm
LEO RP will have another aspect to it. Clothing descriptions will mean something to us now.
As long as nametag apprears above your head, description if clothes dont matter at all, all they need is *describes John_Doe* not actual description of his clothes
That's borderline metagaming.
Yeah, that's not how it works anymore. I'm not willing to turn this topic into a flame war about who metagames and who doesn't, but in the Sheriff's Department, we now don't accept such descriptions given ICly on an OOC basis. Unless there are at least three clothing items of the actual suspect being described given, we simply don't take it in consideration. Changing clothes and putting on an actual mask or an OOC mask if you're wanted should work just fine.

Shin Dandy
Hiatus King
Hiatus King
Ingame name: Jason Song-Victor Legosi

Post by Shin Dandy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:10 am

Hucko wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 am
Yeah, that's not how it works anymore. I'm not willing to turn this topic into a flame war about who metagames and who doesn't, but in the Sheriff's Department, we now don't accept such descriptions given ICly on an OOC basis. Unless there are at least three clothing items of the actual suspect being described given, we simply don't take it in consideration. Changing clothes and putting on an actual mask or an OOC mask if you're wanted should work just fine.
Note to self: Clothes are all that matters. Not facial features, or height, or race.

Hucko
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Hucko » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:12 am

Shin Dandy wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:10 am
Hucko wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 am
Note to self: Clothes are all that matters. Not facial features, or height, or race.
That obviously comes into play too, but nine times out of ten people with asian skins roleplay being caucasian, so it can be a bit tricky!

Shin Dandy
Hiatus King
Hiatus King

Post by Shin Dandy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:15 am

Hucko wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:12 am

That obviously comes into play too, but nine times out of ten people with asian skins roleplay being caucasian, so it can be a bit tricky!
Its really not. Most of the time if someone does the *Describes X* its because the other doesn't offer up a description. The clothes they wear may not match the skin they use, as we have more than a few skin mods and its easy as dirt to make your own. The other person can also just say that the description doesn't match them. In my experience, the describes X feature works so long as the LEO who arrives uses their best judgement on if they should arrest the person or not.

(This is also why I use this shorthand, but usually put "In vivid detail" to emphasize I actuallygot a look at them. I mean, changing clothes doesn't suddenly change your facial features, your tattoos, your hairdo, etc. That most people seem to think it does)

Hucko
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Hucko » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:20 am

Shin Dandy wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:15 am
Hucko wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:12 am

Its really not. Most of the time if someone does the *Describes X* its because the other doesn't offer up a description. The clothes they wear may not match the skin they use, as we have more than a few skin mods and its easy as dirt to make your own. The other person can also just say that the description doesn't match them. In my experience, the describes X feature works so long as the LEO who arrives uses their best judgement on if they should arrest the person or not.

(This is also why I use this shorthand, but usually put "In vivid detail" to emphasize I actuallygot a look at them. I mean, changing clothes doesn't suddenly change your facial features, your tattoos, your hairdo, etc. That most people seem to think it does)
True, true.

Shin Dandy
Hiatus King
Hiatus King

Post by Shin Dandy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:22 am

Hucko wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:20 am

True, true.
Also as an aside: Was not trying to appear like flaming. Just my view as a former SD. Came off more sarcastic than I meant xD

Hucko
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Hucko » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:23 am

Shin Dandy wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:22 am
Hucko wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:20 am

True, true.
Also as an aside: Was not trying to appear like flaming. Just my view as a former SD. Came off more sarcastic than I meant xD
Haha no worries bud, totally agree with the points you've brought up!

Dream Chaser
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Robert Reinhardt

Post by Dream Chaser » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:10 pm

That's interesting, hope you will make something better from it.

Carter_Miller
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Carter_Miller » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 am

This is going to be insane. Actually get to use clothing discriptions when calling out suspects and off duty deputies wont all look the same now. All gang members wont have to look the same either, Bikers could actually benefit from this too. Cant wait.

O.B.G. STONE COLD
Civilian
Civilian

Post by O.B.G. STONE COLD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:05 pm

Carter_Miller wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 am
This is going to be insane. Actually get to use clothing discriptions when calling out suspects and off duty deputies wont all look the same now. All gang members wont have to look the same either, Bikers could actually benefit from this too. Cant wait.
i don't think it will be exactly like that. a lot of people will still be using the same peds.

Picky
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: [Mask 205713_83]

Post by Picky » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:15 am

By the way, was just curious if there are planned any vehicle mods installed in-game as well, because I didn't find any other topic but this one. As example, maybe there could be a possibility to add mods for the auction cars, like Turismo, Super GT, Infernus etc. It would add more realism into.

Hope this is the right topic. :D

knppel_alt
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Hashtag_MyCharToo

Post by knppel_alt » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:36 pm

Black guys with hoodie can actually be black ig now. This is a revolution
And to clarify, I am not being sarcastic, I've seen the hoodie skin and /me is black like, so often.
I mean try that after being robbed, describing a guy who has a hoodie and is black. :D:D

Tacorinno
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Tacorinno » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Cholo skin. dope asf.

KendrickDuckworth
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ingame name: Remove_Kebab

Post by KendrickDuckworth » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:04 pm