Halloween 2017

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Pavel_Biryukov
Big Hoss

Re: Halloween 2017

Post by Pavel_Biryukov » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:28 pm

I keep crashing every time i spawn in, I crashed in the hay maze thing

$PARKY
Mafia
Mafia

Post by $PARKY » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:29 pm

Loving the event!
The crashing really simulates halloween.

RealDrDoob
Mafia
Mafia

Post by RealDrDoob » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:36 pm

FIX FOR CRASHING: get better pcs you broke fucks

Solar1x-
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Solar1x- » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:38 pm

Same here, I crash everytime I try logging in.
Managed to log in now.

Cho
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Cho » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:04 pm

It's fixed.

danielswe
LS-RP Tester
LS-RP Tester

Post by danielswe » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:36 am

It was a nice event! Good job to everyone that helped with it! I'm also waiting for the forum costume contest to go up.

Wildcat
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: James Adkins

Post by Wildcat » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:51 am

This event was, in my humble opinion, a travesty and an affront to any sort of serious roleplay. I decided to attend the festival and attempt to roleplay with people — do some community policing, if you would. Little did I know, every second person was running around with clothing items that would make God himself shed a tear. What little pockets of serious roleplayers I could find, any interaction was interrupted by the masked clowns going around with chainsaws begging to be shot by the armed police officers roaming the event.

It felt like the festival was a zero-roleplay-zone. As far as I'm aware, the masked clowns going around with chainsaws were administrators. If this is the case, then there was absolutely zero rule enforcement going on throughout the event. I couldn't count on a Hiroshima Hand how many times I was randomly punched for no reason, assailed for no reason, and how many people were just literally running in circles trolling. This was an abysmal representation of the server and the roleplay standards it has defined over the years.

Even if you were trying to roleplay in other parts of the map, the constant /aooc announcements gave you a lingering reminder that, somewhere in Blueberry, a large chunk of the server was running around without roleplay attempting to make "costumes" and win "rewards" for running around a maze in those silly costumes. The /ooc announcements, despite being able to be toggled, were also annoying. When I am trying to have a serious roleplay scene and a /ooc announcement comes up beckoning people by player ID to come to the stage, I lose brain cells just as fast as I lose motivation to stay in-game and roleplay.

I come on LSRP to have serious, high quality roleplay with players of similar interest. Today was a figurative sky-drawn fuck you to the server's roleplay standards. If people want to have "fun" in an out of character manner as this event propagated, then there are various servers (movie servers, stunt servers, freeroam servers) to satisfy their needs — LSRP should not be on that list.

I beg and implore that this event never be touched again. For the sake of my sanity and for the sake of roleplay on a roleplay server.

MackemRyan
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by MackemRyan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:59 am

I come on LSRP to have serious, high quality roleplay with players of similar interest. Today was a figurative sky-drawn fuck you to the server's roleplay standards. If people want to have "fun" in an out of character manner as this event propagated, then there are various servers (movie servers, stunt servers, freeroam servers) to satisfy their needs — LSRP should not be on that list.
Couldn't agree more.

Azuko
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Nicholas Armando

Post by Azuko » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:00 am

Wildcat wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:51 am
This event was, in my humble opinion, a travesty and an affront to any sort of serious roleplay. I decided to attend the festival and attempt to roleplay with people — do some community policing, if you would. Little did I know, every second person was running around with clothing items that would make God himself shed a tear. What little pockets of serious roleplayers I could find, any interaction was interrupted by the masked clowns going around with chainsaws begging to be shot by the armed police officers roaming the event.

It felt like the festival was a zero-roleplay-zone. As far as I'm aware, the masked clowns going around with chainsaws were administrators. If this is the case, then there was absolutely zero rule enforcement going on throughout the event. I couldn't count on a Hiroshima Hand how many times I was randomly punched for no reason, assailed for no reason, and how many people were just literally running in circles trolling. This was an abysmal representation of the server and the roleplay standards it has defined over the years.

Even if you were trying to roleplay in other parts of the map, the constant /aooc announcements gave you a lingering reminder that, somewhere in Blueberry, a large chunk of the server was running around without roleplay attempting to make "costumes" and win "rewards" for running around a maze in those silly costumes. The /ooc announcements, despite being able to be toggled, were also annoying. When I am trying to have a serious roleplay scene and a /ooc announcement comes up beckoning people by player ID to come to the stage, I lose brain cells just as fast as I lose motivation to stay in-game and roleplay.

I beg and implore that this event never be touched again. For the sake of my sanity and for the sake of roleplay on a roleplay server.
Just gonna quote the entire thing because this has been my entire opinion of a majority of LSRP events for years.

knppel_alt
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Hashtag_MyCharToo

Post by knppel_alt » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:23 am

I'm with Wildcat on this one. Events have to be maintained in character too, not only via admin announcements- that was the core issue here from my observation.

The maze saved it for me personally, but having a flashback of 20 year old childhood memories when I was the last time in a corn maze irl makes me a minority to not be considered on that matter, I suppose.

Bishop-.-
Trap God
Trap God

Post by Bishop-.- » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:24 am

You fucks are lucky I didn't get my chance to shoot this event up.

Bishop-.-
Trap God
Trap God

Post by Bishop-.- » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:26 am

knppel_alt wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:23 am
I'm with Wildcat on this one. Events have to be maintained in character too, not only via admin announcements- that was the core issue here from my observation.

The maze saved it for me personally, but having a flashback of 20 year old childhood memories when I was the last time in a corn maze irl makes me a minority to not be considered on that matter, I suppose.
Yeah because now you are a 40 year old man who e-sex's for guns, but the event definitely brought back some flashbacks for me, flashbacks of my old plans to shoot up the halloween event. These events are never IC, never will be. Lmao.

knppel_alt
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Hashtag_MyCharToo

Post by knppel_alt » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:28 am

Bishop-.- wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:24 am
No. You are lucky you got spared of all the ridiculously big knives, baseball bats, parrots etc. I couldn't have blamed you.

Bishop-.-
Trap God
Trap God

Post by Bishop-.- » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:31 am

knppel_alt wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:28 am
Bishop-.- wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:24 am
No. You are lucky you got spared of all the ridiculously big knives, baseball bats, parrots etc. I couldn't have blamed you.
Yeah, I had plans to shoot it up and didn't have time to make a ban evasion account, sucks to suck. The halloween event last year was even worse.

F0r3v3r
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Bruno Illescas

Post by F0r3v3r » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:39 am

Why're you here to cry? People finally got their chance to have some real fun in the server not by going and DMing people around with AKs, but with running throught an nice organized hay maze. ONCE IN a month would be good to have an event, but they're barely doing it once a year. Honestly, why're you guys even crying about it being no roleplay and a stunt roleplay event? How many people had fun and how many people lost their will to live in this event? I think I am correct if I say more people had fun. Even though it was a fun event and bad clowns ran around there was the nice will to create a costume out of items and try to win prices. Prior an event, you have the possibility given to you by the server to type in /q! Please hold yourself from putting these "honest" comments down here about the event being NON-RP and pure shit.

Return to “Announcements”