Version 10.5.13 - October 1st 2017

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

otter
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Version 10.5.13 - October 1st 2017

Post by otter » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:12 am

Hey,

On Sunday - October 1st, 2017 - Version 10.5.13 will be pushed to the main server. The whole notion of release notes is pretty much set in stone now, so yeah. Hello!!!

So... in my last post I mentioned that I'd be training up another developer to work on the drug update with me. The idea behind this is to allow for the swifter development of features and to address the on-going issues pertaining to Drugs 1.0. Davis has returned from an extended absence and will be the one working with me on the project. He's got a lot of bright ideas and the skillset required to execute them; I'm excited to see what we can achieve together and I'm sure everyone will feel the benefit of having a second set of hands on the job. What this means is that I'll be able to focus on other areas of development and look at making improvements to other core systems. Right now I'm toying around with some ideas relating to the vehicle system. I recently put up a thread in the general discussion boards, and I'd love it if you guys would check it out and give me some feedback.

Anyway, that aside - let's get on to this revision and what's going to come with it.

Drug Prescriptions
Davis wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:21 am
Prescriptions & Drugs
Since the introduction of the drug system in May of this year, the ability to prescribe drugs has been sought for by the Los Santos Fire Department. In this week's update, we're happy to confirm that this will be added. At release, the fire department (through /prescribedrug), will have the ability to prescribe Xanax, Oxycodone, and Fentanyl with more prescription drugs being added in the future. The addition of /prescribedrug will also be complemented with the ability to manage prescriptions, search by doctor, patient & reference, and the ability to show your prescription to others (such as law enforcement) at request. We think that this change is a step in the right direction, and will allow for legal roleplay surrounding the drug system. Here's a sneak preview of what you can expect from the addition of prescriptions, with the changes set to come out later this week:

This will be the first drug implementation made by Davis; he's picked up things really quickly and will next be working on drug production facilities, formally known as drug warehouses. I look forward to seeing what we can come up with and you can expect to see the introduction of them in my next revision.

In case you're wondering what happened to those drug prompts, the system is there for them - I just need them written. The first person I approached to take on the task had to unexpectedly step back from the community, and the second found themselves caught up in a natural disaster. Third time's the charm though, hey? Hopefully, there's not too much of a curse associated to the prompts so I'll be able to have them completed in the coming days. You will start to see them pop up though!

Weapon Packages

One of the biggest gripes I have with the systems that support illegal roleplay right now is the dependence on black markets. There's a strong RPG association with them and they have no place in a server like ours, so as revisions go on - I'll be looking at phasing them out completely. The drug update marked the commencement of this initiative, and next up is weapon packages. Anyone that's role-played around illegal factions before will know the frustration of having to drive to a dimly lit alley (or your local neighbourhood black market) just to unpackage a weapon. It really isn't ideal and it can distract from the immersion of a scene.

Obviously, it wouldn't be a great idea to allow players to unpackage their rifle in the middle of nowhere. Not only is it nonsensical for a rifle to just appear out of nowhere, but it opens plenty of windows for abuse. I've had this idea in mind for a while but have had a hard time getting the go-ahead for implementation, but we got there eventually!
  • A player no longer requires any specific job to unpackage a weapon.
  • A weapon can be unpackaged in a property OR in a business OR at the trunk of a vehicle OR any other location given they have a sports bag equipped.
  • As a balancing measure, rifles will take ten seconds to unpackage, sub-machine guns and shotguns will take five seconds to unpackage, and any other weapon will take three seconds to unpackage. You must stay still for the duration of the unpackaging process,
    and in addition to this you will have an emote above your head the whole time to indicate what you're doing.
Passing a Gun

Ever wanted to pass a gun to your friend but found that you need to inconveniently use /leavegun to do so? Great news, in this revision a /passgun command will be brought into play which will allow you to seamlessly pass your gun to another player. I don't think I need to say much about this as it's fairly self-explanatory.

Checking Door Lock Status

Gambling on the use of /enter to determine whether or a door is unlocked or not is super annoying and inconvenient. In response to this, a /doorcheck command will be introduced which will allow you to check if it's open or not. Those inside the building will be made aware of this being done if they're within a short radius of the door, and those around you outside will be made aware of what you're doing. This should address some frustrations though.

Better Reflection of Time

Now winter's coming around, I figured it'd be a good idea to address the issue of time. This may not annoy everyone, but I've always struggled to feel immersed by how light it is at certain times of the day. I discussed the matter with Surreal and we agreed that the best course of action would be to base the in-game time around something that's more in line with the west coast of America. Not everyone will appreciate this change, but those who are bothered by the timings certainly will.

To clarify, the server time is not changing; the only difference is going to be that the actual time-of-day / weather in-game will better reflect what the actual time is.

Correctional Officer in SACF & /onduty

To avoid any possible confusion that could arise from a correctional officer being shown on duty through /onduty despite them being out of the prison, there will now be a proximity check that determines the number shown. This is important because the prison rules depend on the number of COs in the facility, so this should be more accurate now.

Version 10.5.13 will be deployed to the main server late 01 October 2017.

The full change-log can be found below.
PADDING
PADDING
  • Additions:
    PADDING
    [+] The ability for the Los Santos Fire Department to prescribe drugs [Davis]
    [+] A new animation: /dive
    [+] A /passgun command that allows for the seamless passing of weapons between players.
    [+] A /doorcheck command that allows players to determine whether a door is unlocked or not without having to do /enter.
  • Changes:
    PADDING
    [~] Revisions to the weapon package system:
    -> [~] A player no longer requires any specific job to unpackage a weapon.
    -> [~] A weapon can be unpackaged in a property OR in a business OR at the trunk of a vehicle OR any other location given they have a sports bag equipped.
    -> [+] Rifles will take ten seconds to unpackage, sub-machine guns and shotguns will take five seconds to unpackage, and any other weapon will take three seconds to unpackage. You must stay still for the duration of the unpackaging process,
    and in addition to this you will have an emote above your head the whole time to indicate what you're doing.
    [~] Revisions to the time system:
    -> [~] The in-game time-of-day will now be far more reflective of that seen in a west coast state in the USA.
    [~] A correctional officer will only be marked as on duty (/onduty) if they're within the prison limits:
PADDING
PADDING
Until next time,
otter

otter
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: Version 10.5.13 - October 1st 2017

Post by otter » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:13 am

The last post was lost during the forum down time.

Malfoy
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Malfoy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:15 am

Good job Otter & Davis.

Plannit
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Plannit » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:16 am

/doorcheck and /passgun some gs
s/o both davis and otter for coming up with some much needed updates!

Heroic Seahorse
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Heroic Seahorse » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:26 am

Plannit wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:16 am
/doorcheck and /passgun some gs
s/o both davis and otter for coming up with some much needed updates!
This and the unpackaging time limits, good shit boys.

colorlessrainbow
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by colorlessrainbow » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:29 am

Good job, devs.

hhaaoo
Civilian
Civilian

Post by hhaaoo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:02 am

Thank you for the awesome update :D