Staff Team Update — October 2017

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Staff Team Update — October 2017

Post by Surreal » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:49 am

Hey everyone,

This update will focus heavily around the staff team with new staff members, promotions, reinstatements and updates surrounding the tester-admin scheme. A quick reminder: if you apply to join the staff team as a tester then you can be inducted at any time when we post up a monthly update. We no longer rely on long waits in the "reserved pool" as our system for selecting new staff members. The new batch listed below is a mixture of already reserved testers and brand new testers that have been accepted in the recent recruitment drive. Congratulations to everyone. I am posting this update a little early so all the names listed below can get set up in the staff team by the start of the month.

There's a few other topics to cover:

Official Factions: We will be beginning the process of finalising another batch of official factions. There's a few good candidates in the pool at the moment so Apophis and I will be working towards appointing 2-3 new official factions in the coming month or so — late October, early November. Appointing new official factions is always an exciting time, so keep an eye out for more information on that in the near future. This can also be a controversial time that both pleases and upsets different people due to the competitive nature of factions. Please be respectful to others and work at it if it's something you want to achieve, too. Good sportsmanship is key! If you're a faction already striving for official, then sit tight and keep at it and make sure you follow any direction that Faction Management may give you. It may be your name up there for official status.

Support: Trumavarium has been promoted to the role of Level 4, and has been a tremendous help with our ticket support system. He will be another point of contact in the Level 4 team for requests and help, and will continue his already great work with helping out on the support side.

Faction Management: Apophis has been promoted to the role of Level 4, and will continue his work with Faction Management and Illegal Factions. His promotion to IG Lead will allow him to more autonomy and increased ability to process requests for Faction Management.

Property: I'm currently working on trying to push out a load of auction properties that have been waiting (as you may have seen in recent auctions) and will continue to do so. There are plenty of properties still to auction, including low-end, mid-range and high-end ones. Mmartin's long-term plan for property is to bring more autonomy and self-serve functions to the system as managing inactive properties and auctions is, as I've said before, an incredibly manual and time-consuming process — that extends from staff having to manually check, reserve and auction the properties and players having to manually contact a 4+ to complete the transaction. More information on that may come from the development team. I am going to be looking at finding a third new Level 4 to manage the Head of Property role as it currently vacant and it is always best to have a staff member solely focused on covering that demanding area. Property changes have been reasonably timely nonetheless.

There's a batch up right now if you're interested — mostly low-end, mid-range properties up for grabs. Click here.

Survey 2017: We are looking at making the survey a function on our UCP this time around, as opposed to using Google Forms. With a little development magic from Mmartin, this will make filling out the survey and us reading through responses more of a breeze. That should be available before the end of the year and something I want to see happen as soon as possible. It's a very open request for opinions and feedback, and anything is welcome. I know a lot of people have a lot of strong opinions on matters, and that'd be the best time to give the staff team topics to consider and discuss, and give us ideas for what to implement or change as we bring the year to a close and look at plans for the year of 2018.

Without further ado, I will move on to announce a brand new batch of testers, reinstating testers, admin team promotions, admin team reinstatements, tester-admin scheme graduation and another batch of tester-admin scheme inductees:

NEW TESTERS & TESTER REINSTATEMENTS:

Congratulations to the following people who will be welcomed into our staff team for the very first time:

.Baker.
Badman Mike
BlueBerry_
Cole.
colorlessrainbow
DaFedz
Dustie
NiNja
Hezzie
Konichiwa
Matteo
Moonwalk
MoralesLSRP
Lino
Obrien18
Heroic Seahorse
Packard.
Rare

And welcome back to the following testers who will be reinstating into the tester team:

Amity
Monty

Congratulations again, and I look forward to seeing you around the server and the forums! Please contact Jakey to take the next step and be welcomed into the team. He is the point of contact for the Tester Team as your Head of Testers.

ADMIN TEAM PROMOTIONS:

Admin Level 3 -> 4 (IG Lead)

Apophis
Trumavarium

Admin Level 2 -> 3

Bennemus

Admin Level 1 -> 2

Grandpa
Sheffield

Congratulations to the above on their promotions. Well deserved.

ADMIN TEAM REINSTATEMENTS:

I'd like to welcome back the following administrators to the team:

Killbilly — Level 1
Shack — Level 1

Congratulations and I look forward to seeing you around again.

TESTER-ADMIN SCHEME GRADUATION:

Congratulations to the following TA members who have graduated the scheme and become Level 1 Administrators:

Infinity
Paddy
Redz

Congratulations to the above and I look forward to seeing you around.

TESTER-ADMIN SCHEME INDUCTION:

The following testers will be given the opportunity to join our Tester-Admin scheme and learn the ropes of administration and perhaps become a part of our game administration team in time:

BillyM
Cho
Evans
Street Boss

Congratulations to the above and good luck.

Thanks for reading,
Surreal
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

O.G Alex
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Staff Team Update — October 2017

Post by O.G Alex » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:51 am

Nice work everyone, congrats.

Orbit
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Orbit » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:52 am

Congrats!

Elvira
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Elvira » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:54 am

Aw ye BillyM 🦀, and baby Obrien18 🖤

& DaFedz I guess ;)

Mecovy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Harriet Trudeau

Post by Mecovy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:57 am

Well done to Rare and Blueberry. Congrats to the rest of you folk.

Shack
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Shack » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:59 am

Good update. Congrats to Lino, Matteo, and Konichiwa.
Last edited by Shack on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Superb
Head of Companies
Ingame name: Loay Lorenzo

Post by Superb » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:59 am

Well done everyone!

BillyM
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Billy Manson

Post by BillyM » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:01 am

Elvira wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:54 am
Aw ye BillyM 🦀
I'm feeling it now!

Congrats everyone.

mattmocz
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Rodney Patterson

Post by mattmocz » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:01 am

Congrats my man Mark.

Sabrina
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Sabrina » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:02 am

woaaah too many shoutouts to do, so to make it easier congrats to you all!

Paddy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Francisco_Delafuente

Post by Paddy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:04 am

Woop Woop!

Airwalk
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Airwalk » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:05 am

About time, Dustie.

Congrats to the rest too, especially Lino, Ninja and DaFedz

Complaicant
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Asshole

Post by Complaicant » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:06 am

Congratulations to all of the new testers. Welcome to the team.

Bailey
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Jeffery

Post by Bailey » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:07 am

Great work !!

DaFedz
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Find out