FoCo & LS-RP Discord

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development
Ingame name: Lucas Foreman

FoCo & LS-RP Discord

Post by Mmartin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:17 pm

Hey all,

Without getting into too much detail just yet, we're currently starting to execute a plan to modernize communication and access to data & information on LS-RP. Part of this is our hangout spot. We're currently using IRC, which is great and all but unfortunately no longer up to par with modern standards. While we'll continue using it for the time being for staff related channels, we're starting a transition towards Discord.

If you're using Discord and would like to hang out & chat with other members of the community or contact staff with your questions, feel free to join us! (See post below)

For now, your Discord account must be linked to your phone (we don't see your number, don't worry!) to be able to connect. We're still in the process of setting things up, but everything should be nice and smooth in a couple of days.

Also I'll use this time to plug my ironically funny signature, we didn't forget about the forum theme. I'll get on it first thing on Monday, so you can expect it during the week. I promise :)

See you there!

Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development
Ingame name: Lucas Foreman

Re: FoCo & LS-RP Discord

Post by Mmartin » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:46 am

In order to be able to speak on the discord server, you need a forum account with at least a hundred posts on forums. Once you reach that, make sure you're logged in and visit:

https://forum.ls-rp.com/discord/

to connect. We'll see how effective this is and if it proves alright, we'll implement it into the forum software so it's more streamlined :)

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: FoCo & LS-RP Discord

Post by Surreal » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:17 am

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=663743#p8435861
Mmartin wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:01 am
In regards to the forum discord bot, unfortunately I didn't have it backed up when the server that hosted our boards expired. I changed the permissions to our #main channel so it's open for everyone, and created an invite link so anyone can join without a verification process: https://discord.gg/MXhckS
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Return to “Announcements”