A Decade of LS-RP - Forum Upgrade (10/12)

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Kenyatta
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: A Decade of LS-RP - Forum Upgrade (10/12)

Post by Kenyatta » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:31 pm

nice
Last edited by Kenyatta on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

surkilla
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Sleepy

Post by surkilla » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:36 pm

:)

Alonzo.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Alonzo. » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:52 pm

No idea whats so hard to add new designs for users to pick from. I also get logged out from my forum account randomly on PC and on the smartphone.

Fri May 26, 2017 8:31 pm
Mmartin wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 7:31 pm
About a month after the update, we'll add a theme that's gonna resemble the way the old one looked. That's to force everyone to try and get used to the new theme, and if it's impossible for them even after a month of use, you will be able to opt out.
May 27, 2017 6:21 pm
Surreal wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 5:21 pm
Devondre_Hoy wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 1:25 am
No offense, but this is fucking horrendous. The old one was sharp, clean, professional, and original because of its simplicity and explicit functionality. The new one looks like every other SA-MP role-play community forum layout I have seen in the past 7 years and for LS-RP, that is a step back. Everything is loosely connected, free space everywhere and weird font correlations. And what's up with the emojis, homie? First Facebook gives us two men with a kid emoji and now we need this garbage here? In before posts start looking like emoji party tweets.

I support a forum layout update, but not in this way, shape or form. It's just bad, man.

Please implement an option to change back to the old one.
A quick read of the thread will give you your answer, so perhaps check the attitude at the door:
Mmartin wrote:
About a month after the update, we'll add a theme that's gonna resemble the way the old one looked. That's to force everyone to try and get used to the new theme, and if it's impossible for them even after a month of use, you will be able to opt out.
Mmartin wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 10:08 pm
http://ls-rp.com/?page=news&id=508#post
New Forum Theme & Where is the old one
For the next month or so, we'll keep improving the theme to get rid of the main issues and annoyances, namely poor use of space and brightness — we're looking into introducing a night-mode for those with sensitive eyes as a possible addition. As I mentioned on the boards, a replica of the old theme will be available once we're done editing the new theme, in roughly a month; if you still don't like it by then and can't get used to it, you'll be able to opt out. No hard feelings, I promise!

Until then,
Mmartin
Head of Development

2 and a half months later....nothing but promises.
Last edited by Alonzo. on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucius99
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Lucas Hawken

Post by Lucius99 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:57 pm

After a few months the forums don't hurt my eyes anymore but it's certainly a lot harder now to use on iPhone, I also have my browser now zoomed into 125% at home from 110% due to it.

barneymk
BMW

Post by barneymk » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Maybe try unzooming it to 80% instead, that won't hurt your eyes.

Ingram
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Say my name.

Post by Ingram » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:36 pm

I still don't like the new theme after 2 months, it's confusing, it's less focused, and frankly it's not any better than the old one, just my personal opinion, I got a lot of respect for the devs but restoring the old theme with some new logo to it would be much better.

BlueX
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by BlueX » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Alonzo. wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:52 pm
No idea whats so hard to add new designs for users to pick from. I also get logged out from my forum account randomly on PC and on the smartphone.

Fri May 26, 2017 8:31 pm
Mmartin wrote:
May 27, 2017 6:21 pm
Surreal wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 5:21 pm
Devondre_Hoy wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 1:25 am
No offense, but this is fucking horrendous. The old one was sharp, clean, professional, and original because of its simplicity and explicit functionality. The new one looks like every other SA-MP role-play community forum layout I have seen in the past 7 years and for LS-RP, that is a step back. Everything is loosely connected, free space everywhere and weird font correlations. And what's up with the emojis, homie? First Facebook gives us two men with a kid emoji and now we need this garbage here? In before posts start looking like emoji party tweets.

I support a forum layout update, but not in this way, shape or form. It's just bad, man.

Please implement an option to change back to the old one.
A quick read of the thread will give you your answer, so perhaps check the attitude at the door:
Mmartin wrote:
Mmartin wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 10:08 pm
http://ls-rp.com/?page=news&id=508#post
New Forum Theme & Where is the old one
For the next month or so, we'll keep improving the theme to get rid of the main issues and annoyances, namely poor use of space and brightness — we're looking into introducing a night-mode for those with sensitive eyes as a possible addition. As I mentioned on the boards, a replica of the old theme will be available once we're done editing the new theme, in roughly a month; if you still don't like it by then and can't get used to it, you'll be able to opt out. No hard feelings, I promise!

Until then,
Mmartin
Head of Development

2 and a half months later....nothing but promises.
welcome to lsrp where the mdc for fd should've been released in january but 8 months later nothing has come, gg on those good promises.

Alonzo.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Alonzo. » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:05 pm

I know how things work around. Been around since 2007. No idea why some remain as staff if they got other RL stuff to do. Probably why player base on the server dropped so much. Things don't get done or get done very slowly. Sad.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:03 am

I will check in with Mmartin about this because, as you probably know, he is the only person who can make this kind of implementation. Please do not project anger and frustration at developers who have nothing to do with this and don't sweep people under one banner. I have not heard anything about this since the first announcement, so I will either check in with him for an update or ask him to post one for you all, thanks.
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Return to “Announcements”