A Decade of LS-RP - Drugs 1.0 (9/12)

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Civilian
Civilian

Re: A Decade of LS-RP - Drugs 1.0 (9/12)

Post by 000000 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:19 am

GoodTime wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:41 am
When will drugs start to be pumped into the server?
I swear Official factions are only getting about an ounce weekly. The server needs at least one massive injection of drugs.

Maybe a pound to unofficial factions and two or three pounds to official to start the ball rolling.
It's ridiculous that there's no drugs anywhere in the server, it's killing a major part of illegal RP.
Theres drugs everywhere? Lol.... RP a afro n go around asking for drugs in deathwood.

♛ King✘Dinero ひ
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Mr Ice Cream Man

Post by ♛ King✘Dinero ひ » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:27 am

000000 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:19 am
GoodTime wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:41 am
When will drugs start to be pumped into the server?
I swear Official factions are only getting about an ounce weekly. The server needs at least one massive injection of drugs.

Maybe a pound to unofficial factions and two or three pounds to official to start the ball rolling.
It's ridiculous that there's no drugs anywhere in the server, it's killing a major part of illegal RP.
Theres drugs everywhere? Lol.... RP a afro n go around asking for drugs in deathwood.
I slid through every hood n couldn't find shit lol, even the enemies hood. plus I aint even get my refund for my shit yet. I like the idea of the update, but since this shit sweeped out majority of players who had drugs the streets just haven't been the same. my faction slowly decreased right after the update since nobody was making money no more. they ran to the bigger factions and found out they going through the same shit lmao

LilDiablo
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Nuwriyel Anastagio

Post by LilDiablo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:04 am

They need to pump the server with a big load of drugs to get things rolling. I've searched everywhere and it seems like theres a drought in the whole LS.

BryanWS
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jack_Roux

Post by BryanWS » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:29 am

They most definitly should not inject a shitload of drugs into the server, I don't really think I've got to explain why they shouldn't.

If you actually want to make money, go do the trucker job, invest the cash and double it, selling 10 grams on coke on a corner won't get you rich.

However, I think the update in general was a bit sloppy, I'm pretty sure the staff team hase been aware about this update for quite some time now.

altho, it still takes over 3 weeks already to get refunded

I also don't really get the whole ''Drug Distribution Scheme''
LS-RP does everything they can to keep this server labeled as a extreme role-play server but now they are handing out drugs to people who write the best application?

Its unfair, if your a lone ranger, got no faction but got yourself enough contacts throughout LS to get the nessesary drugs you require to continue your roleplay, all of a sudden the server gets whiped and people can apply to receive certain amounts of drugs? I /really/ don't get that, but that could be me tho..

Glass Shatters
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Glass Shatters » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:46 pm

BryanWS wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:29 am
They most definitly should not inject a shitload of drugs into the server, I don't really think I've got to explain why they shouldn't.

If you actually want to make money, go do the trucker job, invest the cash and double it, selling 10 grams on coke on a corner won't get you rich.
That's not the fucking point. People want to RP drug dealers, not necessarily make a lot of OOC money.

The fact is a large portion of illegal RP is based around drugs, and that is currently dead in the water because the system gives factions a fucking ounce a week to work with.

BryanWS
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by BryanWS » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:08 pm

You seem to be irritated?
I wrote a reply to King Dinero.
♛ King✘Dinero ひ wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:27 am

(...) my faction slowly decreased right after the update since nobody was making money no more. they ran to the bigger factions and found out they going through the same shit lmao (...)
There was no large portion of illigal RP around the previouse drug system, people had kilo's laying around, if you're well connected, you received hundrids of grams a week, you exchange them for weapons, use them yourself or sell them to a third party involved.

But now there actually is a lot more RP opportunities around drugs, because they are rare on the server right now.
It is more fun dealing with ounces and grams and actually struggling to get your products just as weapons instead of walking around East Los Santos, with 10 different gang members approaching you within 5 minuts, asking if you're looking to buy shit

Mikey_Rogers
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Rashad Miller

Post by Mikey_Rogers » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:14 pm

To be honest, yeah there isnt much drugs around even I've only been able to get my hands on a ounce of steroids since the new drugs system and i like it the way it is, more rp is involved and the people who had kilos upon kilos stashed away dont have them no more, this'll take some time to reach all the areas of the server and untill then be patient, your gang roleplay doesnt only consist of selling drugs, this is a good time for people to do other illegal stuff aswell while waiting for drugs, you dont see people /dealerstance on every corner now selling of an ouncve of 2014 cocaine lol, i'm all for it

Joseph_Beauregard
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Joseph_Beauregard » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:19 pm

they doin it wrong w giving unofficial facs drugs imo. just give every official faction like a bunch of drugs to kick it off rn n like when u give unofficial factions drugs it ruin the purpose of being official cuz if u official u can rp being the plug n it create rp when ur an official fac supplying unofficial facs pre obvious

Glass Shatters
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Glass Shatters » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:19 pm

The point is there has to be some sort of middle ground between the current 'ayo it's a drought man I can't even get a blunt to roll up' and the previous 'I got ten kilos on deck hmu'.

Official factions (such as the cartel for example) shouldn't be running around scraping together 0.1 gram bags when in fact a faction of that nature in reality would be moving a kilo a week (at the very least).

Official factions should have access to about a kilo a week of perishable drugs that are made useless after a while. The big issue was the stockpiles before. Making things perishable alone kills that, halting the income of drugs to that of a few ounces a week does not. As long as theyre perishable and have shelf life then there shouldn't be any issues with faction A getting a few kilos in at once. It's their own risk buying that much and not being able to sell it for profit before they go dud.

As above said, making everything OOC admin led means there is no real mid level faction to faction trade and that everything is street level.

GoodTime
Good Times Only
Good Times Only

Post by GoodTime » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:31 pm

Those who don't seem to acknowledge the struggle of the lack of drugs in the server right now CLEARLY don't roleplay within a gang.
No you can't go to "deathwood" as an "afro" and obtain whatever drugs you want right now.
An injection of drugs into the server, through applications or not, would indeed benefit the server A LOT more than the current circumstances where at best you can find 2 grams of whatever(extremely rare) for thousands of dollars(prices skyrocketed because of the rarity of drugs)
Drug roleplay realistically consists of 60% if not higher of gang roleplay, and yes we can obviously resort to other RP but after 3 weeks things are starting to get ridiculous. People lose interest, factions die, and ppl remain complacent.
No, extremely low amounts of drugs and rare findings is NOT realistic. Especially in an American city where crime is known to thrive. Drugs would be literally everywhere realistically and having this random "drought" is killing immersion and realism.

Also, we don't want drugs for the money. Again it's a huge part of gang RP and all we want is to continue role-playing what we normally do.

knppel_alt
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Hashtag_MyCharToo

Post by knppel_alt » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:21 pm

Getting drugs became a little challenging and not everyone has them- I can only congratulate the staff to this decision.
It encourages people to interact with each other ic who would not have done so before, brought together by the search and availability of drug supplies.
Before it was merely for "the sake of rping it" that people bought and sold drugs on the streets from or to random persons, where now this has become an actively interesting market, since the supply is limited.

Toko_Chivadze
The Mob Boss
The Mob Boss

Post by Toko_Chivadze » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:10 pm

What about the refunds? There are people who invested more than 1 million dollars into the narcotics.

Lexis.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Lexis. » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Don't think that an ounce or two for an official faction a week are going to be sufficient.
That goes in minutes.
People are starting to sell a gram for thousands of dollars because of a 'drought'.
Or they RP a 0.1 gram as a gram.

BryanWS
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by BryanWS » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Get the drug labs up for official factions, scrap the whole 'Drug Distribution Scheme', teach gangsters that there actually is more to roleplay instead of selling guns and we'll be good!

Civilian
Civilian

Post by 000000 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:59 pm

No matter the loses took. I'm pretty sure the drug roleplay will come back 10x stronger.

Return to “Announcements”