A Decade of LS-RP - Environment Mapping (7/12)

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

NoManchesWey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: A Decade of LS-RP - Environment Mapping (7/12)

Post by NoManchesWey » Wed May 24, 2017 2:42 am

this is bad tbh

NoManchesWey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by NoManchesWey » Wed May 24, 2017 3:10 am

Unity looks like a counter strike map lmfao y'all can't be serious

BigFoe
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by BigFoe » Wed May 24, 2017 3:19 am

I absolutely disagree of the work done to Willowfield.

raw sylk
Mafia
Mafia

Post by raw sylk » Wed May 24, 2017 3:20 am

Just don't fix what's not broken.

hovito tha god
Mafia
Mafia

Post by hovito tha god » Wed May 24, 2017 3:24 am

So are factions going to adapt their environments to these changes? If not, this update is boo boo. RIP my immersion.

hovito tha god
Mafia
Mafia

Post by hovito tha god » Wed May 24, 2017 3:42 am

On a more serious note, why not collab with community mappers to use more realistic pieces in each environment? Ganton/Williowfield (historically gang RP locations) went from hood to Fisher-Price.

NEME$I$
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by NEME$I$ » Wed May 24, 2017 3:42 am

OraleOrale wrote:idk if in serbia they have couches in the middle of the sidewalk but this is just revolting
im convinced these mappers havent laid eyes on an american ghetto

Adrian
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Adrian » Wed May 24, 2017 3:50 am

Nice.

Ryder
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Midnight Avina

Post by Ryder » Wed May 24, 2017 4:24 am

otter wrote:The mapping resources available on an SA: MP level differ greatly to those available to client-side modders. To emulate the mods made by the community with complete precision is an impossible feat, and to expect that the mapping team would be able to do so is unreasonable.
I'd have to disagree with this, the things you're able to do with mapping these days has changed drastically compared to what it used to be and we've seen this with the new SACF interior. The first disadvantage that mappers have to modders is the ability to create their own custom textures i.e. the graffiti which isn't something that the community would expect mapping teams to add in due to the constant change of factions in these areas. The second disadvantage is the ability to adjust the size of objects which by the looks of things isn't something the modders do aside for making basketball courts.

I don't find anything impossible or unreasonable about duplicating the current environment mods to actual mapping. You get permission from the creator (Seeing as most of these are public releases I doubt there'd be an issue) and study the modded map to get an idea of where things go and how they're positioned. Modded street signs, murals and graffiti aren't something that needs to be replicated what-so-ever.
otter wrote:The idea behind these implementations is to create a more immersive environment for everyone to enjoy. Having these maps on a server side level is in everyone's best interests.
A large portion of the community enjoys the modded areas are and feel immersed in the environment, so much so that the servers management decided to make a topic on it and you've now gone ahead and created your own. Fair call and bravo to doing so but like others have said, why change what's already there? Mapping team has the basics laid out for them and I'm sure the community would have no issue with some freedom of creativity by the mappers but what's been produced isn't near the quality of what has already been created.

Ethan_Kame

Post by Ethan_Kame » Wed May 24, 2017 4:33 am

Can you help me create an account to enter the game? Because I'm a newcomer to the game so I do not know how to create, please help me
Last edited by Ethan_Kame on Wed May 24, 2017 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ethan_Kame

Post by Ethan_Kame » Wed May 24, 2017 4:37 am

Can you give me a video to find out?

DrillsShotColla
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: loans

Post by DrillsShotColla » Wed May 24, 2017 5:07 am

sexy bruh
love you - loans

.mikey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by .mikey » Wed May 24, 2017 6:14 am

damn now all of the effort spent into creating our environment mods has been wasted cheers
Last edited by .mikey on Wed May 24, 2017 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Travis_Kader
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Downer

Post by Travis_Kader » Wed May 24, 2017 6:17 am

This is an extremely underwhelming and disappointing update. I'm actually glad that the LCVS enviroment mod that Toby and I put together wasn't included. I think you should just leave all of these additions out and let people pick and choose which mods they'd like to slap on. This is a massive slap in the face to talented modders like Denz. It looks as if someone was kidnapped, held at gunpoint, and told they had twenty minutes to put together the Arias Park area of El Corona. Also, who the fuck let that tiki bar slide through the cracks? It's ugly, buggy and completely out of place. I don't know if you're just being lazy or ignorant or a mix of the two. Shame.

LaVaughn_Howard
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by LaVaughn_Howard » Wed May 24, 2017 6:42 am

I believe the environment mapping in Ganton, Willowfield and both in El Corona should be removed, until it is possible to recreate them better. Team work between the modders, mappers and faction leaders is needed next time around. Let people immerse themselves more with environment mods that they can update and release publically. No one in El Corona asked for these, and I'm sure no one in Willowfield and Ganton did either.

Return to “Announcements”