A Decade of LS-RP - State Government & Staff Update (6/12)

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Mark_Warner
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Joe Warner

Re: A Decade of LS-RP - State Government & Staff Update (6/12)

Post by Mark_Warner » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:00 pm

Bloodseeker wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:46 pm
Now that everything is being changed no matter what, I thought I might share some of my knowledge regarding the past X months of Los Santos Government, as a faction, from the OOC scale. This is my perspective and anyone is free to oppose it for whatever reason, just don't try to silence me.

This faction has only one problem, and has had only that little problem since post-creation. S T A B L E L E A D E R S H I P. You lot have Pitchounette & Allegra to thank for denying the server a functional & active government since the beginning of February, by cursing this faction with two inactive & incompetent leaders. Now you're thinking that I'm being offensive, it's just freedom of speech and I'm actually putting out some facts here because I have a spine and I don't really care if this puts my head on the chopping block. At least the good citizens of the glorious realm of Los Santos will know what actually is going on.

At the time, when the city manager update was being introduced, we used to be five candidates at Pitchounette's(and some others too I presume) mercy. (these are the presumed statistics of late January/early February 2017
  • Susan Licther: Vast amount of leadership related experience, previous mayor & previous interim mayor (Vaughn term 2, after the arrest), next to no activity, being kept in the faction since forever because apparently everyone respects her wisdom from 5~ years ago
  • Samuel Birch: No leadership experience except for leading licensing, little to no activity
  • Allegra Nixon: Vast amount of leadership related experience, previous mayor god knows how many times, and the absolute fan favourite. Had not been in the faction since at least 3 years ago at the time! And faction management hated people just being "recruited" to the faction, and when I confronted Pitchounette about this she had no choice but keep Allegra out of this voting.
  • Charlotte Edevane: Acceptable amount of leadership experience in my opinion, I was given the post of City Manager for the first time ever after Summers was banned. I managed to keep the faction together for some time despite not having to do it and I was not a forum faction leader either. Contrary to all the individuals above, I actually wasn't a ghost to my fellow faction members. I also helped Cartier Jason (acting mayor after Richardson's ban) a great deal along with Molniya in terms of keeping the faction together, from Richardson's ban until our unfortunate forced resignations at the hands of Pitchounette. 4~ hour activity.
  • Molniya Dyatlova: No leadership experience except for leading the office of public services(which contains 2 departments). Has always been extremely active(8~hours) and contributive, most active person out of all five.

To sum up, all four individuals except for me are fairly sane and likable individuals that could be reasoned with, I'd rather not talk more about myself because I would hate to look like I'm promoting my own leadership manifesto.
Out of the remaining four candidates, Susan gets chosen as the City Manager and Birch gets chosen as the Deputy City Manager. And this entire thread is the ultimate result. You(I'm addressing you, Pitchounette & whoever else that had a part to play in this) and you alone are the only reason this faction needed to be rescued by Harriet. You failed the server at choosing capable leaders for the faction (even when there were options). You shouldn't turn the faction upside down as a way of fixing what you did wrong. Players currently in the faction are (most of them at least) against this change. If you're looking for an easy way at destroying what was built up to now, you found it. This is my final plea to the staff team to snap out of it and do what needs to be done instead of what looks like you're doing something productive. All this faction ever needed was active leaders. You have Harriet now. Keep him...

I guess I earned myself a ban with this post :^)
With all due respect to your contributions to the faction, you are indeed one of the people who contributed the most to city in the past year, however, save for a handful of people. the faction has no active members to "earn" a right to agree or disagree to the changes.
Your squad of 20 inactive taxi drivers/ PW people do not have the right to decide what happens to a faction that has alot of power than influences every single legal RPer.

We all want the change to happen.

dzgapaan
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by dzgapaan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:09 pm

Bloodseeker wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:46 pm
Now that everything is being changed no matter what, I thought I might share some of my knowledge regarding the past X months of Los Santos Government, as a faction, from the OOC scale. This is my perspective and anyone is free to oppose it for whatever reason, just don't try to silence me.

This faction has only one problem, and has had only that little problem since post-creation. S T A B L E L E A D E R S H I P. You lot have Pitchounette & Allegra to thank for denying the server a functional & active government since the beginning of February, by cursing this faction with two inactive & incompetent leaders. Now you're thinking that I'm being offensive, it's just freedom of speech and I'm actually putting out some facts here because I have a spine and I don't really care if this puts my head on the chopping block. At least the good citizens of the glorious realm of Los Santos will know what actually is going on.

At the time, when the city manager update was being introduced, we used to be five candidates at Pitchounette's(and some others too I presume) mercy. (these are the presumed statistics of late January/early February 2017
  • Susan Licther: Vast amount of leadership related experience, previous mayor & previous interim mayor (Vaughn term 2, after the arrest), next to no activity, being kept in the faction since forever because apparently everyone respects her wisdom from 5~ years ago
  • Samuel Birch: No leadership experience except for leading licensing, little to no activity
  • Allegra Nixon: Vast amount of leadership related experience, previous mayor god knows how many times, and the absolute fan favourite. Had not been in the faction since at least 3 years ago at the time! And faction management hated people just being "recruited" to the faction, and when I confronted Pitchounette about this she had no choice but keep Allegra out of this voting.
  • Charlotte Edevane: Acceptable amount of leadership experience in my opinion, I was given the post of City Manager for the first time ever after Summers was banned. I managed to keep the faction together for some time despite not having to do it and I was not a forum faction leader either. Contrary to all the individuals above, I actually wasn't a ghost to my fellow faction members. I also helped Cartier Jason (acting mayor after Richardson's ban) a great deal along with Molniya in terms of keeping the faction together, from Richardson's ban until our unfortunate forced resignations at the hands of Pitchounette. 4~ hour activity.
  • Molniya Dyatlova: No leadership experience except for leading the office of public services(which contains 2 departments). Has always been extremely active(8~hours) and contributive, most active person out of all five.

To sum up, all four individuals except for me are fairly sane and likable individuals that could be reasoned with, I'd rather not talk more about myself because I would hate to look like I'm promoting my own leadership manifesto.
Out of the remaining four candidates, Susan gets chosen as the City Manager and Birch gets chosen as the Deputy City Manager. And this entire thread is the ultimate result. You(I'm addressing you, Pitchounette & whoever else that had a part to play in this) and you alone are the only reason this faction needed to be rescued by Harriet. You failed the server at choosing capable leaders for the faction (even when there were options). You shouldn't turn the faction upside down as a way of fixing what you did wrong. Players currently in the faction are (most of them at least) against this change. If you're looking for an easy way at destroying what was built up to now, you found it. This is my final plea to the staff team to snap out of it and do what needs to be done instead of what looks like you're doing something productive. All this faction ever needed was active leaders. You have Harriet now. Keep him...

I guess I earned myself a ban with this post :^)
I fully agree with you Bloodseeker. I've said it numerous of times that GOV needs a stable leadership not a faction change. However, I don't agree about Susan. Susan was pretty much active when she was a Director of Licensing and our department was very powerful during her leadership. Nowadays she is not active anymore, but she does not hold a leading position, does she? Problem are people who take their leading positions and can't even spend some time on forums to do a forum work.

Bloodseeker
sloth
sloth

Post by Bloodseeker » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:17 pm

Thank you for some much appreciated recognition, however I must offer my disagreement in the same sentence. The opinion of someone who also happens to be a member of this faction at the present matters more than yours, as the change effects him faster than it effects you and your money farming spots. I already addressed the concern about memberbase and activity. The faction had no issues when it was being ran by capable individuals.

I guess it is very safe to make an example from Vaughn's mayoral term, he definitely seems to have left a very positive impression on several players, and a mark on the server. I was also there Vaughn was leading this faction. None of these problems existed back then(at least from my understanding because I was only a rookie at the time, 2 years~ ago). Leading a faction that has the potential of becoming a hub for legal roleplay is a lot more complicated than it sounds, after all. It takes a lot of micromanaging. Some leaders succeeded at it, multiple others failed. I guess that doesn't point incompetence at the faction, but at the way it is administered. I agree that it isn't always right to blame the leadership right away. But when it's right, it IS right, and this is one of those times.
Spoiler: show
Here is one thing Licther is right about in that wall of text.
Ms. Licther wrote:Unfortunately some people think that being elected Mayor automatically means being a fantastic leader.
It's ironic that this also counts for her and her partner in crime.
dzgapaan wrote:However, I don't agree about Susan. Susan was pretty much active when she was a Director of Licensing and our department was very powerful during her leadership. Nowadays she is not active anymore, but she does not hold a leading position, does she? Problem are people who take their leading positions and can't even spend some time on forums to do a forum work.
Susan held the roles of city manager & deputy city manager at the time. Now she holds the role of "special advisor", just sitting there, yes. And also right, Susan was active at times and nobody argues against that. But when she had to be a leader, and be there for her faction, was she / did she?
naaaaah

dzgapaan
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by dzgapaan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:35 pm

Vaughn was cool even tho he was my enemy IC, he had a war with BION and even often used some corruption in it. I really respect Vaughn. Government was most powerful at his times and Bureau of Licensing was kicking back then under Susan's and Ralphie's leadership.

=CYBER=
=CYBER=
=CYBER=
Ingame name: Thomas Ross

Post by =CYBER= » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:14 pm

I was just reading this all, huge texts you guys are throwing at each other and I think all of you are right in a way. There are no best leaders, there are just leaders that place their names in the history, because they do something different. Yes, leader always matters and yes, you can't blame the leader all the time.

I agree, GOV hotline doesn't work at all. Its been long since I've used it last time, but I've spent a lot of time, waiting for a response. After what I've just called them on private numbers, they were totally inactive.

I think that this update might actually be what GOV needs at this moment. But it is not about any specific member in it. That guys there, will have nothing to RP without us, other players, business owners, civilians etc. So lets be honest here, if we don't give them anything to RP, it will be boring for them to RP anything, so when they see a little opportunity to RP something, they chase it, they will do ANYTHING in order to make that RP situation last as long as possible, give it a dramatic turn etc. Everyone from us, would do just the same. Problem is not only about gov, it's in legal RPers too.

There was two legal factions like 2 years ago. Roux's and BION. I was leading BION and for the whole time, our biggest headache was to win versus Roux, hearts of Government officials. As government was RP and government was power. So saying that Vaughn did good, yes he did good, but he wouldn't be able to do that, if not RP and opportunities those factions gave to him and each other.

I think it's total NON-RP for licensing official to be killed just for asking to register the business or for a payment, but yes, there seems to always be that one who prefers to kill than RP.
Mark_Warner wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:20 pm

When your officials use Italian gangster skins and go around to businesses addressing people as "Niggas" or "Fellas" and end up being PKed because of their retarded RP, then yeah, licensing is indeed broken.
I'm not sure what is wrong for licensing official to use "fella". Also I don't know, how do you differ those skins like Italian mafiosi skin, and if you do find those difference - Why are you using your current skin if you're not RPing Chiness/Japaness character? While I know that Dzgapaan RPs Italian character, so for him using Italian character skin shouldn't be bad, should it? - Yes Italian character can be legal as well, as you can't expect every single Italian to RP a mafiosi. So I just saw that OOC hatred towards GOV. Should I ask about that hat you're having on your chin? How can someone be found serious if he's having a hat hanging on the chin? I hope you get my point, it's a RP server and you should not be judging other players RP with their skins, or calling their RP "retarded" because he got PKed. It didn't change my mind on Dzgapaan's RP skills even a little bit, but I changed my mind on your RP understanding in general.

Return to “Announcements”