The Business Update — Part I

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: The Business Update — Part I

Post by Surreal » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:10 am

Superb wrote:
Burgoo wrote:I might be being stupid, but what's the difference between the new business forum section and the old one in City Life?
The one at City Life is supposed to be IC, as far as I know.

I got a bit confused. In here it mentions that;
This does not tie exclusively to scripted businesses or clubs, bars, diners etc. This section may also be used to advertise or list a company that you own, for example: a taxi/transportation company, security service and so on.

Rules
1. Exemplary threads will be awarded with sticky status in the forum section.
2. The thread must be active (role-play screenshots, opening posters, updates, etc).
3. Each business can only have one topic in the section
4. Common sense and the global forum rules still apply to this forum.

Rewards
Active businesses are able to request minor script changes, such as small outside mapping, signs, garages, barriers, labels and similar. You can find more information about that in the business request boards.
Then the first criteria in the Script Requests for Businesses
Criteria
1. You must own a scripted business in-game
Isn't this contradictory? In other words are those ''Rewards'' exclusively to scripted businesses or not?
At the moment, the various script requests and mapping options are for active scripted businesses. We shall see how that goes and consider opening it up to other businesses and companies. As mentioned several times, we have every intention to make businesses more available to players regardless of their wealth via a lease system revamp. The plan is that if you own a lease biz and actively role play with it and open it to players then you can effectively keep it for as long as you like. This will hopefully encourage an active and more consistent business scene, especially with what's on offer with furniture and offers to business owners now. And more importantly, more players with great role play ideas and motivation will be able to take a stab at the business market regardless of whether they have $5,000 or $50,000,000.

Wrote from phone, apologies for any typos.
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:13 am

ezkNYNE wrote:
Burgoo wrote:I might be being stupid, but what's the difference between the new business forum section and the old one in City Life?
I'd bet that the idea behind this new section is to make business have a proper topic to put feedback into, screenshots— exactly like factions, currently. It's not a bad idea at all, because, it'll bring businesses to have more attention around and more role-play involved in them instead of just a random opening. Perhaps it'll evolve further in quality and have employers working together, etc.
Yes, this is the idea. You can create a more prominent and noticeable thread in this new section and put up any relevant information about your business, and then proceed to use the thread to advertise events, openings, showcase roleplay if desired, etc etc.
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Ashley
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Ashley » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:17 am

Surreal wrote:
ezkNYNE wrote:
I'd bet that the idea behind this new section is to make business have a proper topic to put feedback into, screenshots— exactly like factions, currently. It's not a bad idea at all, because, it'll bring businesses to have more attention around and more role-play involved in them instead of just a random opening. Perhaps it'll evolve further in quality and have employers working together, etc.
Yes, this is the idea. You can create a more prominent and noticeable thread in this new section and put up any relevant information about your business, and then proceed to use the thread to advertise events, openings, showcase roleplay if desired, etc etc.
It also works well for business management in terms of accountability of individuals owning businesses, surely? It becomes easier to ascertain which businesses are actively engaging with the community and creating roleplay via their outlets.

Obviously, not every business will create an active thread on the forums as that is their main priority. Although, surely, it should have some sway upon the arguments posed when it comes to keeping business owners accountability on their responsibilities.

Pichu
Certified Pillock
Certified Pillock

Post by Pichu » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:28 pm

Oh yeaaah! Got my thread up, will do an interior over the weekend. This is the best update to come to the server since house interiors, been wanting this for so long.

Quick question though, can business owners PLEASE go into their own business when it's out of stock? I wanted to make some minor adjustments but couldn't because of this.

ph0enix.
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Kelly Prescott

Post by ph0enix. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:09 pm

So now, you can pretty much design your own club how ever you want? Fucking awesome.
Image Image
Firefighter II Jayden Coley
Los Santos Fire Department
Albanian Foreign Moderation
Join the team!
Discord: CHUALiTTY#1692

barneymk
BMW

Post by barneymk » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:09 pm

Another fine update, this is great guys.

Burgoo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Mr. X.

Post by Burgoo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:38 pm

Surreal wrote:
ezkNYNE wrote:

Will the old one be kept? If so, how should players distinguish which one they should post in? Thanks for answering.

Hu$tla
Certified Hustla
Certified Hustla
Ingame name: Memphis_Banks
Location: #hustla #pimp #kingpin #entrepreneur #monemayker #cashnigga #mullalover

Post by Hu$tla » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:55 pm

If we lease out a business like a spa, would we be able to /bareswitch it and to turn it into a music studio (or anything else that isn't a spa, by applying for the other licenses when applying for the business) and to use it like that?

IC it would be a renovation which happens quite a lot irl if you rent/buy a business spot.
So, from the point of realism it should be available to be done.

Pichu
Certified Pillock
Certified Pillock

Post by Pichu » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Hu$tla wrote:If we lease out a business like a spa, would we be able to /bareswitch it and to turn it into a music studio (or anything else that isn't a spa, by applying for the other licenses when applying for the business) and to use it like that?
Common sense would say it should stay within the confines of what the business was leased as otherwise ICly it would violate the terms of it's lease and registration. OOCly it would be silly to turn a diner into a nightclub and unfair to other lease holders.

otter
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by otter » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Hu$tla wrote:If we lease out a business like a spa, would we be able to /bareswitch it and to turn it into a music studio (or anything else that isn't a spa, by applying for the other licenses when applying for the business) and to use it like that?

IC it would be a renovation which happens quite a lot irl if you rent/buy a business spot.
So, from the point of realism it should be available to be done.
FEB 02, 2017:
  • 8. Furnishing your business (Business Rules)

Code: Select all

[ADD] If you choose to furnish your business, the produced interior must fit the business' type - e.g. a 24/7 can't be designed to look like a club and similar. Businesses found in violation of this rule will have their furniture removed, in repetitive cases /furniture may be individually disabled.

Balkan Beast
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Balkan Beast » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:17 pm

Entrance fees should be removed altogether too. Businesses should need to rely on real sales not window shoppers.

Bilalasad
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: David_Weiler

Post by Bilalasad » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Nice update.

Hu$tla
Certified Hustla
Certified Hustla
Ingame name: Memphis_Banks
Location: #hustla #pimp #kingpin #entrepreneur #monemayker #cashnigga #mullalover

Post by Hu$tla » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Pichu wrote: ICly it would violate the terms of it's lease and registration. OOCly it would be silly to turn a diner into a nightclub and unfair to other lease holders.
ICly when you're applying for leasing a business you can chose which license you want to apply for:
4.02 Which licenses do you wish to obtain for this business?: Insert Licenses
OOCly yes, it would be unfair tho.
otter wrote:
FEB 02, 2017:
  • 8. Furnishing your business (Business Rules)

Code: Select all

[ADD] If you choose to furnish your business, the produced interior must fit the business' type - e.g. a 24/7 can't be designed to look like a club and similar. Businesses found in violation of this rule will have their furniture removed, in repetitive cases /furniture may be individually disabled.
Thanks, I've missed that.

Balkan Beast
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Balkan Beast » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:22 pm

As long as they have to match the exterior and don't get an entrance fee then it doesn't matter. Depending on if it offers something scripted like tobacco shops, 24/7's, and /eat's do then they have to stick to something relevant to that service when leasing. I had to give a detailed explanation when I started a smoke shop some years ago out of the Suburban about how my business worked with the script idea cause they didn't approve the app right away. Worked out but yeah, it'd clearly have some guidelines.

There's no excuse for not fitting the exterior with a business because you can move it anywhere you want unless you got garages you intend to keep.

offSouth
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by offSouth » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:37 pm

Time to turn my 24/7 into a Carrefour. Great update, I'm glad this came up so quick after the feedback.

Return to “Announcements”