The Business Update — Part I

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Balkan Beast
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: The Business Update — Part I

Post by Balkan Beast » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:55 am

offSouth wrote:
ezkNYNE wrote:
Superb wrote:I'm against removing the entrance fee, actually I've suggested to increase the cap of it. Business owners who think that they can do better without the scripted entrance fee can always set it to zero anyways. Personally I think it's a must. Clubs work like that IRL anyways. That doesn't mean advertising for free drinks in a club.
I have a question for you: How's that going to help to keep new people interested in ever typing /enter in your club? It'd even suck if you'd crash and only to see that you've wasted six grand and you have a tight budget.
There has to be other ways to make money through clubs, and not only by pushing up the entrance fee numbers to higher.
No, there isn't a way to "magically" earn cash without having an entrance fee. There should even be a scriptwise option to buy/sell drinks for a price so the club owners can actually earn a thing. Stop acting like every new comer on the server is a pleb. It's not like that, just stop it. How can you even complain on a 1-3k entrance fee when you can get $1.250 as mechanic in a hour, doing absolutely nothing. Do fishing if you struggle that much. It's not like you give ten grand away or something. You can easily get to complete your savings. Don't try to push that bullsh*t that entrance fees is what turns people away from clubs. It's not that. Like Superb said, they are a must for someone who wasted approximately sixty million to earn a thing...
Then go and have an actual person extract the entrance fee by asking for a script for employees to use.
There's no excuse at all for not wanting that. But to say increase an OOC charge? Nah. Make the entrance fee actually IC and have the commands to back it up. Then charge whatever. Those two can work together. But keeping it as a /enter charge is magically appearing money.

There's no point in saying entrance fees happen in real life for some businesses. The issue there is that entrance fees disregard IC company policies and steals from players. Having to run your business IC through staff and products shouldn't be optional.

keinanW
deadmau5 wannabe
deadmau5 wannabe
Ingame name: Keinan_Walker

Post by keinanW » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:13 am

offSouth wrote:
ezkNYNE wrote:
Superb wrote:I'm against removing the entrance fee, actually I've suggested to increase the cap of it. Business owners who think that they can do better without the scripted entrance fee can always set it to zero anyways. Personally I think it's a must. Clubs work like that IRL anyways. That doesn't mean advertising for free drinks in a club.
I have a question for you: How's that going to help to keep new people interested in ever typing /enter in your club? It'd even suck if you'd crash and only to see that you've wasted six grand and you have a tight budget.
There has to be other ways to make money through clubs, and not only by pushing up the entrance fee numbers to higher.
No, there isn't a way to "magically" earn cash without having an entrance fee. There should even be a scriptwise option to buy/sell drinks for a price so the club owners can actually earn a thing. Stop acting like every new comer on the server is a pleb. It's not like that, just stop it. How can you even complain on a 1-3k entrance fee when you can get $1.250 as mechanic in a hour, doing absolutely nothing. Do fishing if you struggle that much. It's not like you give ten grand away or something. You can easily get to complete your savings. Don't try to push that bullsh*t that entrance fees is what turns people away from clubs. It's not that. Like Superb said, they are a must for someone who wasted approximately sixty million to earn a thing...
Exactly what offSouth said. I've run the tattoo shop business at Willowfield for ages, and as you may know, tattoo shops irl don't have an entrance fee. They make their money by doing ink. But on LSRP, you can't give players any ink scriptwise and even though my roleplay is quite detailed people wouldn't wanna pay me tens of thousands for no reason. The most I get is 3-4k for an entire 30-40 minute RP session. Hell, if I requested for a realistic price like $700 they wouldn't pay me an extra buck. In such cases, it is the entrance fees that keep the business and motivation running because people keep /entering every now and then and I make about 8-9k every day. Similarly, gyms in real life don't have an entrance fee, but people purchase gym memberships which is definitely not a possibility on LSRP. So once again, gyms in-game have no way to make money and rely on entrance fees to function. And let's not even talk about clubs, because clubs have entrance fees in real life as well.
Balkan Beast wrote:Then go and have an actual person extract the entrance fee by asking for a script for employees to use.
There's no excuse at all for not wanting that. But to say increase an OOC charge? Nah. Make the entrance fee actually IC and have the commands to back it up. Then charge whatever. Those two can work together. But keeping it as a /enter charge is magically appearing money.

There's no point in saying entrance fees happen in real life for some businesses. The issue there is that entrance fees disregard IC company policies and steals from players. Having to run your business IC through staff and products shouldn't be optional.
That is such an easy thing to say lol but not do. A week ago my friend opened his custom business that was unscripted. 2 guys renting at the place had to stand outside to collect entrance fees. These guys were supposed to collect a $1500 fee from people, unlock the door for the payer and lock it again immediately so other /enter spammers don't get to enter without paying the fee. They couldn't manage it though, as there were like dozens of players outside just spamming /enter to get in without paying. It just doesn't work.

Pichu
Certified Pillock
Certified Pillock

Post by Pichu » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:41 am

Also against removing the entrance fee, as Keinan pointed out it would be next to impossible to try to collect them manually.

In all fairness to clubs too, there's a limitation on what sort of entertainment they can offer without putting in considerable effort only for people not to care enough to participate. I hate the spammy keyboard mashing dance contests as much as anyone, they're loathsome and cringry and not really any challenge. At the same time I can understand why clubs do them though.

Superb
Head of Companies
Ingame name: Loay Lorenzo

Post by Superb » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:20 pm

ezkNYNE wrote:
Maybe I'm having a target user and not the average Joe who can't afford a 2~3k ticket? Are you able to afford everything you want IRL? No. Exactly, that's what I'm aiming at. If someone want to charge 50 dollars he can and if someone wants to charge five thousands he is still free to do it.

If someone got disconnected that's on their side, I can't really control when would someone crash. However, whenever anyone ask me for the entrance fee OOC'ly for whatever valid reasons ( Crashed for example ) I pay them back, there is no harm in this. Maybe there is a way through the script to /enter for free for a specific time..let's say an hour, when you pay the entrance fee for a first time? I don't know.

I haven't seen any club not depending on the entrance fee so far, why don't you just ignore the entrance fee feature and show us how would you do it so we can follow? and I'm not being sarcastic, I'm serious. If you think it's feasible, then show us, I would truly appreciate it.

I won't derail this topic any further. Once more the update is awesome. Thanks for everyone who worked on it.

Return to “Announcements”