Do not ASSUME!

Davie-Dave
Gangster
Gangster

Re: Do not ASSUME!

Post by Davie-Dave » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:04 pm

krisk wrote:So, DO NOT ASSUME because ASSUME just makes an ASS out of U and ME!

That makes a lot a sense.
---

[quote="Johnny_Snake"]You fucking 'lol' at me again, I'll punch you in the kisser.

Thanks for the code.[/quote]

---

Dimitri
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dimitri » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:09 pm

Half the people don't know what DM is when they report it, I guess they didn't do too well on their application. When somebody shoots you for telling them off or hitting their car, it's not DM. It's bad roleplay, but that's debatable considering the admins handling the case don't have enough information to judge the scenario. The reports about bad roleplay are always just a matter of opinion anyways, so don't be surprised if admins aren't always on your side about it. The only legit DM reports are usually in regards to a hacker, or a bored uninvited faction member going on a killing spree because of his depression.

Moroz
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Баха

Post by Moroz » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:50 pm

Dimitri wrote: When somebody shoots you for telling them off or hitting their car, it's not DM. It's bad roleplay.

Bad roleplay is actually when you see 5 russians, and tell one of them to fuck off and that you would fuck, wich would result you either ending up with broken bones or just getting shot, but the reason to fuck him off was just that he offered you a lotto ticket.

Most of the server RP's fearfull Goodfella's Thommy's or that black dude with long hair from Menace II Society. I don't have nothing against it, as my own character is a ex-boxer, plus I experienced IC everything what made my character fearfull. Such as getting shot several times and surviving, working as a hitman, etc. It's LS-RP, most of the people RP what they would imagine themselves being as that character or just someone who they would never be in RL.

Duoreze
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Matthew Reese

Post by Duoreze » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:08 pm

I would like to read your opinion on this krisk, this is MINE report by deathmatching.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90807

Crappucino
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Ian Lowe

Post by Crappucino » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:30 pm

Dimitri wrote:Half the people don't know what DM is when they report it, I guess they didn't do too well on their application. When somebody shoots you for telling them off or hitting their car, it's not DM. [...]

Actually, I've always considered something like that deathmatching. In fact, in all applications I've ever submitted I've always written "Deathmatching is when you kill someone else for a stupid reason, or for no reason at all" and noone's ever denied any of my applications. It doesn't really matter what you call it, though. I just hope that people who kill others for telling them off or hitting their car get admin jailed, either for deathmatching, metagaming, bad roleplay or whatever else you want to call it, because we've got enough idiots who use the OOC knowledge that they'll never get caught when they kill someone else for the smallest of things.
Mayor Ian Lowe, undefeated in an election
Best Mayor of 2012

MissyKitty
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: All the Licther Sisters.

Post by MissyKitty » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:11 pm

Well, if you suddenly get shot and killed and you're not sure why, then you should recieve a PM from the guy who killed you to make sure that it is not DM.
Using the account: Ms. Licther

Humippko
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Humippko » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:46 pm

Yeah, I agree, just from watching a close friend play. From what I gather, if someone kills you it's never 'DM', but if you kill someone else, it's always 'DM'. :lol:
"We got guns. They got guns. All God's children got guns."

eharg
Gangster
Gangster

Post by eharg » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:33 am

I assume this topic is talking about not assuming in which cases you assume you are being DM'ed by people who assume you wrecked their car so they assume it's okay to get out of their car and shoot you in broad daylight because they assume they won't get arrest.

That's only an assumption though.

Crappucino
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Crappucino » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:48 pm

eharg wrote:I assume this topic is talking about not assuming in which cases you assume you are being DM'ed by people who assume you wrecked their car so they assume it's okay to get out of their car and shoot you in broad daylight because they assume they won't get arrest.

Well, I think he meant more like the situations where you get shot at from a far by a sniper or up close by a masked hit squad. In most cases, if you're roleplaying a character who's actively involved in criminal activity, you're bound to upset someone who'll come after you eventually and try to kill you. I think that's what he meant.

If you're killed by someone on main street because you happened to crash into his car, then just screenshot it and report because most admins will hand out punishments for idiotic reasons like that.
Best Mayor of 2012

Humippko
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Humippko » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:03 pm

I agree with the posts above. It's so annoying, some people just can't think logically. For example, if you're trying to roleplay a bar brawl, as soon as you throw the first punch they pull out their deagle and kill you before you can explain. Same in any situation, people are just too quick to draw their gun.
"We got guns. They got guns. All God's children got guns."

Carmine
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Erik Borkowski

Post by Carmine » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:46 pm

Crappucino wrote:
Dimitri wrote:Half the people don't know what DM is when they report it, I guess they didn't do too well on their application. When somebody shoots you for telling them off or hitting their car, it's not DM. [...]

Actually, I've always considered something like that deathmatching. In fact, in all applications I've ever submitted I've always written "Deathmatching is when you kill someone else for a stupid reason, or for no reason at all" and noone's ever denied any of my applications. It doesn't really matter what you call it, though. I just hope that people who kill others for telling them off or hitting their car get admin jailed, either for deathmatching, metagaming, bad roleplay or whatever else you want to call it, because we've got enough idiots who use the OOC knowledge that they'll never get caught when they kill someone else for the smallest of things.

This, being insulted or getting your car slightly damaged are stupid reasons for killing people.

The only time I'll take swift action to try and harm someone is if they use physical violence towards me or mess about with the guys under me or continually threaten me.

But yeah, most people will RP the 'tough guy' character then cry when they get killed. If you don't want that to happen, don't upset people, it's pretty simple.

eharg
Gangster
Gangster

Post by eharg » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:07 pm

Crappucino wrote:
eharg wrote:I assume this topic is talking about not assuming in which cases you assume you are being DM'ed by people who assume you wrecked their car so they assume it's okay to get out of their car and shoot you in broad daylight because they assume they won't get arrest.

Well, I think he meant more like the situations where you get shot at from a far by a sniper or up close by a masked hit squad. In most cases, if you're roleplaying a character who's actively involved in criminal activity, you're bound to upset someone who'll come after you eventually and try to kill you. I think that's what he meant.

If you're killed by someone on main street because you happened to crash into his car, then just screenshot it and report because most admins will hand out punishments for idiotic reasons like that.

you didn't catch my drift.

Crappucino
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Crappucino » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:29 pm

eharg wrote:you didn't catch my drift.

Sorry, I thought you were being serious because the joke wasn't funny.
Best Mayor of 2012

eharg
Gangster
Gangster

Post by eharg » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:27 am

Crappucino wrote:
eharg wrote:you didn't catch my drift.

Sorry, I thought you were being serious because the joke wasn't funny.

Yeah, but your British.

Chrome
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Leroy Denzel

Post by Chrome » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:04 pm

It's obvious he only made this thread so he could write "DONT ASSUME, YOU WILL ONLY BE MAKING AN ASS OUT OF U AND ME) LOL

Return to “Archive”