Quick GTAV question

Discuss GTA IV here. Remember to have spoiler warnings in threads containing spoilers, and/or use the
Spoiler: show
tag in posts containing them.

Forum rules
Remember to have spoiler warnings in threads containing spoilers, and/or use the
tag in posts containing them!
Dodgers
Silver Member
Silver Member

Quick GTAV question

Post by Dodgers » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:30 am

I don't really keep up with all the release dates and news and stuff.. But is PS4 or GTA V going to come out first? I'm deciding if I should go ahead and buy it for PS3 or wait for PS4..

iFlyKid
Law
Law
Ingame name: Deputy Sheriff Velasquez

Re: Quick GTAV question

Post by iFlyKid » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:40 am

I'm on the same boat as you, but for the looks of it Rockstar only announced a PS3, XBox release. Since PS4 releases in 2014 appx. I doubt it'll be a PS4 franchise. I guess the PS3 generation ends with this hit game.

DEPUTY SHERIFF - EMILIO VELASQUEZ
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

Heroic Seahorse
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Heroic Seahorse » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:29 am

GTA V is released in September. Now apparently PS4 will be released in November. Ofcourse GTA V won't be released almost instantly with the PS4 so I'd recommend you buy it for the PS3.
Young Urban Excellence

Frisbee1.0
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: #BILLCUTTING

Post by Frisbee1.0 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:35 pm

I recommend that you buy a Xbox 360 instead.
:mrgreen:

Frankdude
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Frankdude » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Sorry but XBOX360 it's not worth it, you'll get RROD in about 6 months and you have to pay to play online, it sucks.

Buy PS3, it's the best and it's worth it, about GTA V be ported to PS4, not gonna happend, for two reasons:

GTA V is being developed since 2008 and was announced in 2011, way far from the new console generation.
If GTA V was planned to be on PS4, rockstar would already announce it.
Characters Status list:
Diego_Dominguez: Dead - Killed in SACF
William_Crawford: Dead - Killed in SACF

Zake
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Zake » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:07 pm

Frankdude wrote:Sorry but XBOX360 it's not worth it, you'll get RROD in about 6 months and you have to pay to play online, it sucks.

Buy PS3, it's the best and it's worth it, about GTA V be ported to PS4, not gonna happend, for two reasons:

GTA V is being developed since 2008 and was announced in 2011, way far from the new console generation.

You're completely wrong. It's been four years since I bought my Xbox 360 and I have not got any of that RROD bull shit yet. umad?

freddiebox
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by freddiebox » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Frankdude wrote:Sorry but XBOX360 it's not worth it, you'll get RROD in about 6 months and you have to pay to play online, it sucks.

The so-called RROD could be experienced on the old Xbox 360 models, like the original Xbox 360, Core, Elite etc. This issue however was fixed when they released Xbox 360 Slim. And if you ask me, I'd rather pay to play a well developed and organized online system, than playing free on a poor online system. When you buy a Xbox 360 game you usualy get a one-month free Gold pass.

The Russian
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Igor The Ruskie

Post by The Russian » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Donec Mors wrote:

The so-called RROD could be experienced on the old Xbox 360 models, like the original Xbox 360, Core, Elite etc. This issue however was fixed when they released Xbox 360 Slim. And if you ask me, I'd rather pay to play a well developed and organized online system, than playing free on a poor online system. When you buy a Xbox 360 game you usualy get a one-month free Gold pass.

No, have a Xbox Elite ever since 2008, never had any major problems.

LoCascio
Best Mafia Member of 2012
Best Mafia Member of 2012

Post by LoCascio » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:08 pm

iFlyKid wrote:I'm on the same boat as you, but for the looks of it Rockstar only announced a PS3, XBox release. Since PS4 releases in 2014 appx. I doubt it'll be a PS4 franchise. I guess the PS3 generation ends with this hit game.

It's most likely going to be released for all consoles, current and next-gen, including PC. The reason they probably haven't announced it for PS4 and XBOX One yet is because they need to establish enough sales on the current gen consoles because GTA V is going to be their most expensive game yet and they need to make a profit. Announcing it right off the bat for next gen is going to lose them a ton of sales because people wouldn't bother buying it for PS3 and XBOX 360 if a better looking version is a couple of months down the road.

Lann
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Lann » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:37 am

I own a gaming computer, xbox 360 elite 120gb (2009) and PlayStation 3 Super Slim 500gb (2013).

In my opinion - having played on all consoles and computer I can conclude the following.

XBOX 360 - the online experience is better if you're a team player (party chat, mass invites, etc).
PLAYSTATION 3 - the online experience is fine if you're not such a big team player. To have parties similar to Xbox Live's you'll need to have your team members on Skype. Fluent communication is easier on the XBOX 360 and I have no problems admitting that.

My XBOX 360 is experiencing issues with heat and random frame rate drops - this has been the case since 2011. I've had an RROD on the console once but didn't return it, I let it sit overnight and powered it on the next day, the issue hasn't come up ever since.

I personally can't / don't want to pay for XBOX LIVE Gold monthly / 3-monthly / yearly.

I chose to get a PlayStation 3 because I wanted to be able to watch BluRay movies, play the (amazing) PS3 exclusives such as The Last of Us and all that stuff.

Since all game play trailers were taken from the PlayStation 3, I know what to expect in regards of performance. While R* says the game will run 99% the same on either console, I loved what I saw and decided to pre-order the PlayStation 3 version of the game. The price is the same in my country, whether you get it on PS3 or X360.

Just my $0.02.
I, Lann, will join the probation group in order to serve my debt to Los Santos Role Play. I choose to follow the rules inside of the group as followed. I am fully aware that the tasks involved can change and or even expand as the leads see fit. I will agree to a ban if I can not fulfill the groups purpose!

Justus
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Harry Bernard

Post by Justus » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:44 am

Seems like your question was answered ages ago, locking!
Retired Level 3 Admin, Retired Head of Mappers, Retired Junior Developer

Return to “GTA IV”