[Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Find all the Laws and Acts of San Andreas in this forum.

Also contains the full Penal Code to list all crimes and punishments.

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

iJoker
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: El Pinche Crash

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by iJoker » Mon May 29, 2017 7:57 pm

What's the law regarding social in-house gambling, i.e private gambling amongst friends? Right now, it seems as if gambling is outright illegal, unless you posses a license, but most states in the United States do allow social gambling as long as the house owner makes no economic gain, apart from their winnings. I can't seem to find amything regarding private/social gambling laws, I apologize if I have missed it, still getting used to the new forum layout.

Los Matas
Nuestra Raza
Xalisco Boys
W/S Armenian Power

killerking
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Leon Belmonte

Post by killerking » Tue May 30, 2017 7:21 am

(13)04. Gambling License Violation ↑
A person who violates the terms of their gambling or gaming license.
A person who falsely claims to operate a business with a gambling or gaming license.
A person who intentionally operates rigged or unfair games of chance.
A person who grossly violates the policies set by the Licensing Code of San Andreas for gaming and games of chance.
A person who operates any game of chance without proper permits, licenses, or authorizations.
The bold line restricts any type of gambling I believe, whether it is private, public, friendly, etc.

Superb
Head of Companies
Ingame name: Loay Lorenzo

Post by Superb » Tue May 30, 2017 5:52 pm

iJoker wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 7:57 pm
What's the law regarding social in-house gambling, i.e private gambling amongst friends? Right now, it seems as if gambling is outright illegal, unless you posses a license, but most states in the United States do allow social gambling as long as the house owner makes no economic gain, apart from their winnings. I can't seem to find amything regarding private/social gambling laws, I apologize if I have missed it, still getting used to the new forum layout.
Yes, exactly as killerking said.
I've suggested to change this before, I will make another suggestion.
Jerry Lance
Former Secretary of State
Loay Lorenzo
Lorenzo High-End Apartments, Downtown

Tommy Collins
PillsburyGamingHD
PillsburyGamingHD
Ingame name: Brad Carter

Post by Tommy Collins » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:09 am

Question regarding U-Turns..

(11)05. Reckless Driving
A person who demonstrates careless or general disregard for the safety of themselves or others while operating a vehicle, such as (but not limited to):
Driving on a unpopulated sidewalk, pedestrian passageway, or plaza
Meandering between lanes of traffic erratically.
Demonstrating poor control of the vehicle or driving decisions.

Can one consider a U-Turn as a poor driving decision and give a citation for Reckless Driving? Also, are there any 'laws' in general about making U-Turns? I have always went on the sole purpose that you cannot make one unless it's at the end of a roundabout, an example would be either the very top of Main Street or bottom of Main Street where it connects into Little Tokyo.

Flemwad
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Flemwad » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:24 pm

Tommy Collins wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:09 am

(11)05. Reckless Driving
A person who demonstrates careless or general disregard for the safety of themselves or others while operating a vehicle, such as (but not limited to):

Can one consider a U-Turn as a poor driving decision and give a citation for Reckless Driving? Also, are there any 'laws' in general about making U-Turns? I have always went on the sole purpose that you cannot make one unless it's at the end of a roundabout, an example would be either the very top of Main Street or bottom of Main Street where it connects into Little Tokyo.
If U-Turns are not restricted by law they're not illegal. I believe a U-turn would be Reckless Driving if it did or almost caused an accident. Otherwise, I don't believe with that offense alone you could articulate Reckless Driving.

Tommy Collins
PillsburyGamingHD
PillsburyGamingHD
Ingame name: Brad Carter

Post by Tommy Collins » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:19 pm

flemwad wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:24 pm
Tommy Collins wrote:

(11)05. Reckless Driving

If U-Turns are not restricted by law they're not illegal. I believe a U-turn would be Reckless Driving if it did or almost caused an accident. Otherwise, I don't believe with that offense alone you could articulate Reckless Driving.
So if anything at the most it would be Officer Discretion on if the driver is making a 'reckless/poor driving decision'?

Flemwad
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Flemwad » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:51 pm

Tommy Collins wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:19 pm
flemwad wrote:
Tommy Collins wrote:

(11)05. Reckless Driving

So if anything at the most it would be Officer Discretion on if the driver is making a 'reckless/poor driving decision'?
Correct.

BlueX
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by BlueX » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:47 pm

flemwad wrote:
Tommy Collins wrote:

(11)05. Reckless Driving

According to IRL traffic law you cannot make U-Turn when there's no sign saying so, plus if you do a U turn on a continuous line it's illegal,when you try to make a U turn you will basically block the traffic and you may cause danger to other drivers, so yeah, it's illegal and it's a poor driving decision, but I understand your point in terms of LS-RP, however I think it's like if you don't see a continuous line you can make a U turn, otherwise you cannot.

Flemwad
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Flemwad » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:33 pm

BlueX wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:47 pm
flemwad wrote:
Tommy Collins wrote:

(11)05. Reckless Driving

According to IRL traffic law you cannot make U-Turn when there's no sign saying so, plus if you do a U turn on a continuous line it's illegal,when you try to make a U turn you will basically block the traffic and you may cause danger to other drivers, so yeah, it's illegal and it's a poor driving decision, but I understand your point in terms of LS-RP, however I think it's like if you don't see a continuous line you can make a U turn, otherwise you cannot.

That's an incorrect assumption. It's actually defined in each states laws. In Virginia, you can make a U-turn unless restricted by a no u-turn sign.

BlueX
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by BlueX » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:45 pm

flemwad wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:33 pm
BlueX wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:47 pm
flemwad wrote:

That's an incorrect assumption. It's actually defined in each states laws. In Virginia, you can make a U-turn unless restricted by a no u-turn sign.
Sorry, well I'm not familiar with US Law, I was basing my assumption based on my country which I believe it's kind of the same for the europe, but yeah, perhaps that might have to be re-worked in the next revision.

granders
Ingame name: Laura Thomson

Post by granders » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:46 pm

There should be a Marine section covering how to operate watercraft properly, to be honest

tagtag
The Procurer
The Procurer

Post by tagtag » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:08 pm

Do you mean U turns in middle of the street or at intersections? I see people doing them halfway on a street.

Crower
E36 Enthusiast
E36 Enthusiast
Ingame name: N H

Post by Crower » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:46 pm

So, there's a pretty big issue in the Penal Code. The Sultan, Flash, and FCR-900 aren't listen under high speed vehicles. Why is this? HSIU FCR has to be deployed for FCR's, why shouldn't they recieve the high speed charge? We're not allowed to put charges on FCR riders because it doesn't fall into the high speed class somehow. The Sultan is now used for evading 24/7 because they know cops can't deploy HSIU for them, so they stick NOS on and book it.

Another issue is, street racing. It's gotten to the point where a simple 30 minute jail sentence isn't enough. Add in a three strike system. If they get caught street racing/eluding for three strikes on the record, take the car they were evading in, and crush it. Or just make stricter street racing punishments.

Mr.Filipovic
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Amy Muller

Post by Mr.Filipovic » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:30 am

granders wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:46 pm
There should be a Marine section covering how to operate watercraft properly, to be honest
That's true, like all players that are operating a watercraft too closely to the shore should get some fine or smth. Speeding closely to the shore etc.

Ex. Firefighter II Mario Filipovic
Ex. Detective deputy Amy Muller
Ex. Deputy sheriff Adam Voight

ImperiumXVII
Assistant Head of Legal Factions
Ingame name: Zachary_Cook

Post by ImperiumXVII » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:01 am

Crower wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:46 pm
So, there's a pretty big issue in the Penal Code. The Sultan, Flash, and FCR-900 aren't listen under high speed vehicles. Why is this? HSIU FCR has to be deployed for FCR's, why shouldn't they recieve the high speed charge? We're not allowed to put charges on FCR riders because it doesn't fall into the high speed class somehow. The Sultan is now used for evading 24/7 because they know cops can't deploy HSIU for them, so they stick NOS on and book it.
The FCR-900 has a top speed of 190 km/h (slower than all three police cruisers) so shouldn't fall under "high performance" - its agility is what makes it a problem, not its speed. According to one SA-MP forum post, the Sultan, the Flash, and the three police cruisers have the same top speed of 200 km/h. If your department is not allowing HSIU deployments for Sultans with NOS, then that is an issue with your department, not the Penal Code.
Crower wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:46 pm
Another issue is, street racing. It's gotten to the point where a simple 30 minute jail sentence isn't enough. Add in a three strike system. If they get caught street racing/eluding for three strikes on the record, take the car they were evading in, and crush it. Or just make stricter street racing punishments.
Street racing is not the only thing you can hit them with. Hit them with speeding, reckless driving, failure to yield to a TCD and yield violation, if any are applicable. Take all their money and they'll soon think twice. Alternatively, try going through the courts:
(12)16. Criminal Fines ↑
  1. The Department of Justice may seek Criminal Fines through the State of San Andreas Court, to accompany imprisonment, for all felony and misdemeanor charges. The court shall impose a fine in all cases, except where the defendant establishes that he is unable to pay and is not likely to become able to pay any fine. A person who articulates and furnishes financial documentation to indicate financial difficulties with paying the fine shall be afforded additional time to pay the fine through a deadline established by the courts or through a payment plan to the Department of Justice. The fines may stack. The fines are as follows:
    • $25,000 for any misdemeanor charges.
    • $50,000 for any non-violent felony.
    • $100,000 for any violent felony.
    • $150,000 for (1)09. Murder
Street racing and vehicular endangerment would result in a $50,000 (or $100,000 if they attempt to elude) fine, plus whatever else you added on (speeding, failure to yield to a TCD, etc). If people get fined $50,000+ ($100,000+ if they attempt to elude) every time they decide to street race, they'll soon stop.
Police Deputy Chief David Zhuo
Police Captain II Joseph McRae
Police Lieutenant I Clarke Walker
Reserve Firefighter Danielle Garceau
Associate Justice Eric Cradle
State Bar Chairman Raphael Pachlinski
Developer
Junior Administrator
Assistant Head of Legal Factions

Return to “Laws & Acts of San Andreas”