[Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Find all the Laws and Acts of San Andreas in this forum.

Also contains the full Penal Code to list all crimes and punishments.

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

FiendFyre
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by FiendFyre » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:43 am

Amity wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:13 am
Could we get loitering added to the Penal Code? It's a valuable tool for Police to stop the selling of narcotics on corners.
Honestly feel like that will get abused like the completely illegal "g-checks" that were popular for a while.

Amity
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Gavin Fulkerson

Post by Amity » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:48 am

Marauder wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:43 am
Amity wrote:
Could we get loitering added to the Penal Code? It's a valuable tool for Police to stop the selling of narcotics on corners.
Honestly feel like that will get abused like the completely illegal "g-checks" that were popular for a while.
It's a realistic move for a city with a major gang problem. Chicago adopted a similar law in an attempt to combat gang violence, why can't we? There can be certain outlines added to prevent people from abusing the law.
no longer roleplay

FiendFyre
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by FiendFyre » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:11 am

Amity wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:48 am
Marauder wrote:
Amity wrote:
It's a realistic move for a city with a major gang problem. Chicago adopted a similar law in an attempt to combat gang violence, why can't we? There can be certain outlines added to prevent people from abusing the law.
honestly I'd rather see something like that go through the Senate and be looked at from all angles and have it looked at from the OOC perspective as well. Someone being on a sidewalk outside a private residence shouldn't be called loitering if the owner has no issue with them there.

Amity
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Gavin Fulkerson

Post by Amity » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:12 am

Marauder wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:11 am
Amity wrote:
Marauder wrote:

honestly I'd rather see something like that go through the Senate and be looked at from all angles and have it looked at from the OOC perspective as well. Someone being on a sidewalk outside a private residence shouldn't be called loitering if the owner has no issue with them there.
Could go that route, and I was thinking that too. People that gather outside a residence could be perfectly legal, but say crowded around a business or an apartment complex can be classified as loitering and illegal.
no longer roleplay

Kebab
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Jeffrey White

Post by Kebab » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:28 pm

Amity wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:12 am
Marauder wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:11 am
Amity wrote:

Could go that route, and I was thinking that too. People that gather outside a residence could be perfectly legal, but say crowded around a business or an apartment complex can be classified as loitering and illegal.
I don't necessarily think that would be the best approach. To define loitering as crowding around a business or an apartment complex. Because to my knowledge (and please do correct me if I am wrong), they would need to have the purpose of committing a crime whilst standing on said property. They don't necessarily have a lawful purpose to stand there, but there's nothing definiting them standing where they want (so long as it's not on private property) as unlawful.

I'd love to see something like this be discussed. Quite interested to see where it could land.

ImperiumXVII
Assistant Head of Legal Factions
Ingame name: Zachary_Cook

Post by ImperiumXVII » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:04 pm

Amity wrote:
You could always get an injunction from a judge to stop a gang/group/organisation from associating with each other or being in a certain area for X days. A judge can do pretty much anything so try utilising that power.
Police Deputy Chief David Zhuo
Police Captain II Joseph McRae
Police Lieutenant I Clarke Walker
Reserve Firefighter Danielle Garceau
Associate Justice Eric Cradle
State Bar Chairman Raphael Pachlinski
Developer
Junior Administrator

Martin_

Post by Martin_ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Why is the Governor always the Head of Factions or someone from Government Management? If someone can describe briefly, out of curiosity!

ImperiumXVII
Ingame name: Zachary_Cook

Post by ImperiumXVII » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:54 pm

Martin_ wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:13 pm
Why is the Governor always the Head of Factions or someone from Government Management? If someone can describe briefly, out of curiosity!
Because the Governor wields immense IC power (the power to do anything, basically, including fire faction leaders) so this needs to be a staff member to make sure there is no abuse of IC power and at least a little OOC regulation.
Police Deputy Chief David Zhuo
Police Captain II Joseph McRae
Police Lieutenant I Clarke Walker
Reserve Firefighter Danielle Garceau
Associate Justice Eric Cradle
State Bar Chairman Raphael Pachlinski
Developer
Junior Administrator

RyanW
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: -

Post by RyanW » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Is there anything that stops an officer from issuing fines following a pursuit? I.E

Guy gets in pursuit with LSPD, is eventually chased down and arrested after fleeing from police through Los Santos.
After his arrest could you issue;

(11)03. Yield Violation
etc.

AngeIo
Mafia
Mafia

Post by AngeIo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:28 pm

I can't see the find the rules of law list, I'm pretty sure I've seen it before somewhere but the only link that I can find right now HERE can't be accessed.
Retired Forum Moderator and Junior Developer
About me

Kebab
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Kebab » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:23 pm

midox191 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:28 pm
I can't see the find the rules of law list, I'm pretty sure I've seen it before somewhere but the only link that I can find right now HERE can't be accessed.
https://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=495&t=562738

You'll find them under (( Outside Laws in San Andreas )). The link you are following is outdated, and requires a simple update.
Hope that helps!

nicolasestla
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Jeffrey_Connor

Post by nicolasestla » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:04 pm

nicolasestla wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:19 pm
I got a suggestion :
Vehicular Endangerment should grant right for any LEO to suspend the license of the suspect. It's bad that when someone commits several serious traffic violation, and he just gets 15 minutes in jail, and exit without driver's license warnings suspension or fines.
And yes I think that the Failure to pay a fine's jail time should be considering the amount that the person owns to the state.
Can anybody tell me if they disagree or agree? :)

Kebab
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Kebab » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:18 pm

nicolasestla wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:04 pm
nicolasestla wrote:
I got a suggestion :
Vehicular Endangerment should grant right for any LEO to suspend the license of the suspect. It's bad that when someone commits several serious traffic violation, and he just gets 15 minutes in jail, and exit without driver's license warnings suspension or fines.
And yes I think that the Failure to pay a fine's jail time should be considering the amount that the person owns to the state.
I agree with this for the reasons that if you show complete disregard for other people's safety and thus endanger them using a vehicle, their license should be suspended, or revoked.

Joseph_Ragusa
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Josue Pinto

Post by Joseph_Ragusa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 pm

nicolasestla wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:04 pm
nicolasestla wrote:
I got a suggestion :
When I was a LEO, i often took peoples license over vehicular endangerment, sometimes I gave them a choice and let them pick.
Liam Flanigan - Forsaken Motorcycle club.

Jake_Luther
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Jake_Luther » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:31 am

If we can add a charge up for a vehicle that is heavily damaged and is driving the road. If we can call it "Unroadworthy Vehicle. Possible fine of 3500 and drivers warning or Impoundment upon officer discretion.
Example: If someone is driving with a vehicle smoking or doors missing. That could cause harm to the driver or other drivers.
Jake Luther Los Santos Sheriff Department Deputy Sheriff

Return to “Laws & Acts of San Andreas”