It's now 846.
I pretty much went from losing everything to being very strong.
The war I fought for Holland was won but my son was only duke for four years before being overthrown. He was in prison for 15+ years, so I had to switch my second son to heir.
I basically spent my reign expanding into Normandy pressing claims. The king of france transferred Amiens to me to keep me happy. Later on they tried to revoke Paris again but by that point I was strong enough to defend myself.
This took about 4 decades to do so it wasn't too bad. My only vassals are in my dynasty except on the city/barony level.
The Norsemen raided Paris in 841, were way too powerful for me to stop them cause I was still replenishing men. They looted all six holdings. Some other vikings took Holland so my son got released from prison and sent back to my court. When I replenished my men I launched a war for my heir's claim on Brabant and at the same time one for my first son's claim on Flanders. The first son died so the war ended which is probably good cause I could've lost a straight battle against them.
Brabant folded pretty easily cause Holland had already destroyed their army and a revolt broke out in Flanders. My fourth duke died during that time and the heir took over.
I don't know how but for some reason I became independent after I took over Brabant. I also was able to finally usurp Normandy cause I was taken out of the realm.
So now I basically control most of Northern France on my own. Not really sure if I should stay independent or not, the Nibelungings are still really strong(Basically they're the Karlings of this game). They got Middle Francia under their control so they can still take me on, France on the other hand is totally broken up.
I guess for the sake of self preservation I will need to take on Holland but they have 4700 men which are event troops.
My luck finally changed but I'm sure I'll be set back a lot again. At least nothing will be internal. Gonna give the counties in Brabant to family members that don't have claims. News around the world:
- France: Fractured. North West consists of strong duchies. South is same story, for several decades Tengri Avars controled Aquitaine as vassals of France, no idea how that happened. After they got independence from France they eventually got holy warred by everyone I guess and now only have Bearn. Middle Francia is the only large realm, they got the whole east of France basically.
- Germany: Bavaria in the south is controlled by the Agilofing dynasty, they are Lollard's but I dunno how long that will last. So far only one province is converted. Saxony is pagan since I assassinated Charlemagne before he could convert the pagans. They rebelled not long after being conquered in the war. They control almost the entire north of Germany. The Norse from Scandinavia control small provinces throughout Germany.
- East Europe: Bohemia was taken over by Bolghars, they have a Carpathian Empire title but they lost everything except Bohemia basically.
Hungary was taken over by the Khazars but is currently in revolt. There's an independent Khazar that controls the Wallachian kingdom.
Poland is Slavic still and stretches partially into Sorbia. Silesia is controlled by Carpathia.
The Balkans are still about the same as game start. Croatia is a patchwork of duchies. Serbia is formed and is basically still in its de jure borders. The Byzantines have taken Bulgaria and have Dalmatia.
Russia and Lithuania are still broken up. Ilmen controls Rus for the most part but not enough to form the kingdom I guess. Ruthenia is broken up between four duchies.
Lithuania is about the same.
- Italy: Unified under the Lombards still, only the Islands and parts of Southern Italy are under control by the Byzantines.
- Scandinavia: Not sure how it happened but it went from being dominated by Swedes to being controlled by Estonians. They've basically unified all of Finland and Sweden except for two/three duchies. Norway is still isn't a kingdom and is split between two duchies. Denmark is normal pretty much, lacks Holstein+Skane though.
- British Isles: Pictland still exists andis unified for the most part. Ireland is still broken up into counties. Welsh is still broken into multiple duchies, same with England. No Norse are there at all.
- The Middle East: The Byzantines control basically their original borders with a few exceptions.The Abbasid Caliphate controls everything from Egypt to Khiva excluding some small sultanates.
- Africa: Split up between sultanates in the north. Mali and Abyssinia are still controlled by natives and are fully unified almost.
- Almost fully under control of the Umayyad's, they'll probably try to push into France soon.
- India: Pretty normal. Basically all of the kingdoms exist and are mostly unified excluding some minor states in-between them.
- Steppes: West is dominated by Khazars as well as Perm. The Uyghurs, Yaglakar, and Kirghiz control the east. Khotan is split up into counties for the most part.